Sea Battles - Here's looking at you Vaalorians

So for too long Sea Battles have barely gone due to threats from both sides and then post battle BCs. Well now we don't even have wars to get a little heroism, so end result the game stalls and everyone gets more bored and can't progress.

So a call to all smurfs, lets make a bunch of sea battles happen each day regardless of level and how strong you think you are or are not and what buffs etc you have available to you and i would extend that to Sadar too. From before i could even go to a sea battle there have been xyz player rules, same as the rest of the damn game. So now is a chance to change it.

If 9th threaten you with being hexed or BCd for going to SB then let me know and we will have some fun with that. But i see this as a chance to wipe the slate clean for both sides and just get back to playing the game for a change without all the nonsense politics and name calling shegite that goes on by some...yes looking at you Gecko;-)

Cue the 9th bile and drivel, completely ignoring what the above says.
Comments
too little to join. will work on it.
RF_17,
"> See you at Sea, I hope to sink your battle ship a few times, daily! ">
I agree. Game is getting boring. We need a change. Lets all get along and just play the game.
I agree. Lets all just get along and play the game. We need to forget the past and move to the future and get the game interesting again
RF_17,
Oh holy person, don't make us look like bad people: you're the clan bcing the lvl 22sadars when they join SB. Plus I don't see the point in this except for more heroism for your clan since vaalor won't win any of these Seabattles (yes I'm ignoring the three we win in one week). And yes I'm talking about you too
I probably want to add that RF bcing us is nothing new: he does it daily so don't think that this show of him dealing with us actually is something new
Thank you for the olive branch, and I think we can all use to go to SB without the fears of BC win or lose and just have a good time.

This fighting and punishing entire fractions is out of control. Everyone can use SB spells and some good gear that comes with it.

You cant complain about not winning if you don't try. It might cost you coin but you lose on event days too, but still do that.... so I am in.

bring back game the way it was meant to be... fun!

We have never threatened anyone about SB. That is completely a Elite/HF thing. Lets get that straight right off the start. Don't think I've seen any 9th throw tantrum and hex/BC all clans because they lost a SB or because they were hexed out. Just saying. We discourage people from going in. Not completely because 9th does SB, but is a rare occurrence. We never stop members from doing it or boot them if they do. They can go in if they want. But as we always say it is a waste of resources and a waste of your time. So our stance will always stay the same.

For Valor who read this post it really is just a waste of buffs and a mount. You get 0 heroism, minimal valor and some essences. If you are thinking corsair rep let me give you the basic numbers.

Avg SB lost is 40 pisaries - 1 captains Chest is 200 coins - takes 5 SB's to get 35-50 rep. (Assume avg 40 rep) With fairly rare chance at collection so I am just going to ignore that for right now...

1k Rep - 125 SB's
3k Rep - 375 SB's
7k Rep - .... You get the point.

That avg cost to gear up for these SB's is 3-4g and as you get higher even more. I bet most of you can figure time is better spent doing something else. Think of going through hops for nothing lol. I hate doing them now. I will not waste it on something that I get nothing from.

If you want the Rep. Do it like everyone else does. Buy caskets from melvin. Open them till get collection. Complete collection then start opening again. Rinse/Repeat. for the 125 SBs costing 4g ea. That is 500g for 1k rep. Vs 500g = 334 reals. 300 caskets. avg rep per casket 44.3 (I've done this a lot and calculated it a lot. I'm not pulling these numbers out of air) So for same amount. Do the math.

You get way better heroism from doing clan wars (Not with Elites but everyone else) So my recommendation is focus on that to grow.
You can get coins from islands.
Only place to get essences is in SB BUT only go when you know the group on your side and check to see what Sadars are online.

But do what you want. How we play the game. No restrictions. We don't want to act like dictators. Just know.. Valor that 9th will most likely not be in there and you will lose 99% of the time.
Why I have been going to Sea Battle for months - win or lose - By Kat.

- get a couple hundred heroism per match, from a sea wolf and a ship battle (done enough of them now that I can actually win a few), and top damage gets even more.
- mmmm rum ">
- Essences are beautiful and make shiny spells ">
- Because I worked my pretty little butt off getting a blue belt, just to go. I'm not about to stop now that I can win a few. ">
- It has, and will, happen that DE will throw a few fun wins at us. For a long time, I was cannon fodder, but guess what, I have a long list of wins in clan news now. You can't play a GAME if you are only in it to win. You learn nothing, and gain nothing. HAVE FUN! ">
- Valor with 0 gear damage. ">
- I get to ride my mount (that I worked hard for, still have catching up to do, I know it, but I can be proud of what I have become since level 50). ">
- Cheetara (My dragon - Train Your Dragons!) gets to come out and play (even if she reflect kills herself once in a while). ">
- And, most importantly - it's something I can do with my clan members for under an hour per adventure, we have good laughs, good times, and good drinks. And you should see how happy we are Everytime we sink a ship or kill a sadar ">

My Advice to all, both sides, Get In Queue When you have time! Buff Up, it's worth it for the valor and makes killing the pirates faster. Have your mount and belts to avoid not getting enough damage. Ask around, get your reps balanced so you can be a beast in sea battles, the elixir of supremacy is a lot of fun to play with. Let DE decide what the teams will be when multiple rounds go at the same time. (black_beer)
Reaghnf,
Or maybe the 9th that do want to get heroism and go to Sea Battles will think to themselves...'why am I in 9th?'.

For some facts even when old 9th were dominating SBs i still used to go and pick up some heroism and I also learned. I also used to get players together and keep going. The power players couldn't always be in SB, so some we would win some we would lose. But as the saying goes with the lottery, you got to be in it to win it.

As for wars...what wars? There are none right now so how can anyone focus on something that doesn't exist?

As for 9th threatening people to stay out of SBs then they have, otherwise the Vaalorians that have come to me lately are all liars. But as my post says this is a chance to wipe the slate clean. I prefer to focus on the present and not the past.

Nice post though trying to tell people not to go though even though when many people in the game find it the most fun thing to do and something different for a change.

Footnote: Negativity doesn't win.
Don't forget your sydian!
No matter what you do, there's always a trade-off. Just pick your battles and go with the flow. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. Cheers.
RF_17,
This is just to feed your need of it. No other.

We all know what you are like on heroism day. So of course you want to ignore the past. But I'll bet a 1g there will be another tantrum next one.

Why am I 9th? what does that have to do with anything? like i said in initial post. "WE DO NOT STOP OUR MEMBERS FROM GOING"

Yes, currently no wars. But I'm just spending my time working on other things till wars start up again. Heroism is not one of them. Going to SB gains me 0 heroism so why bother? I get 0 heroism from not waring, I get 0 heroism from SB's. Only people who get hurt from no SB's running and can't progress their heroism badges is Sadar. Vaalorian situation does not change. We all have same Heroism ranks till wars start up again.

To answer your response that we threaten people about going... we have had vaalorians come to us complaining that you threaten to BC them if we didn't SB. So who cares "what people say" I don't. (see motto)

But I'm done with this post. Cry, complain, compel, threaten, plead, yell.... whatever. things won't change and we still won't participate.
RF_17,

Clean slate won't work.
This is just a post hiding the truth of what you really wanna say, "No heroism, I neeeed! Come vaalor, come. I'll be nice"
--
Either way, the "clean slate" will quickly go away as tempers flare over sydian.
Unless you organize something in that, other then "HF one side, Elite the other, perfect"
It's nobodys, and thats why we fight over it, and will cause tension enough to make this clean slate be no more (if it even starts).
--
And vaalor never threatens anybody out of SB.
As Reag said, thats more HF/Elite thing.
I've seen you chat fail to shimora in main chat after you lost a seabattle saying "Don't call me for seabattle when nobody fucking strong is in" and then go on a BC spree.
And i'm pretty sure that the whole game is aware that you hit everyone in the Sb, or even people out of the SB when you lose.
--
This post is more for your cause than for anyone elses.

Thank you RF for the offer of sea battles...I truly hope that your infamous tantrums after fights are a thing of the past.

Since the above post might give the impression that 9th Legion wants to prevent people from going to sea battle, here is from our clan Battleground policy (I've cut some irrelevant parts):

"We are a clan who takes the high road."

"1.) We are not trash talkers. Win or lose, we are good sports. After watching RF’s tantrum yesterday after he lost a sea battle, I never want us to behave like that. Win or lose, don’t be (a donkey) to people. "

"2.) We do not support trying to beat enemies by driving them from the game. You guys know the tactics because HF and Elitists have used it against every one of you. We will not BC people way below us in level, ruin HOPs, stall out Garuug, or garbage tactics like that. We do not endorse ANY of these tactics because we would much rather see people have a fun game environment to play in. Let HF and Elitists be the (edited); we are better than that."

"4.) Show respect in battlegrounds. Do not hex/bane people out of arenas. We would rather beat enemies through superior fighting skill rather than shady tactics. BC rep is important and using BC spheres is okay in battlegrounds, but heal where feasible and don’t use your spheres to be a bully."

Side note: Congrats to RF for the honorable mention in our clan policies!
Other side note: After getting rid of a few bad eggs from our clan, HF have actually been very cool to fight and play against.

So good luck and have fun to anyone who wants to run sea battles! I'll agree with Reag that if you're a random vaalor crew, you can expect to lose 99% of the time, but I have my fingers crossed for all of you that you're the lucky 1%.

-Lance-

P.S. In reference to the below...I throw tantrums? This is the first I've heard. Please elaborate. I wasn't aware I had past actions that I needed to make apologies for.

Lance Corpus,
As I said some would miss the point and not actually read the post along with the offer to wipe the slate clean for both sides from the past. But you choose to bring up the past, and also singularly absolve your own tantrums, along with recruiting tactics and things said in there by you and gecko.

So the question is do you want to continue down the old well worn path, or try a new one while you are 'touching yourself as you are so shiny' in your own words?
Reaghnf,
Nice calculations, except your corsair caskets cost reals and not gold, so are you advocating those that don't buy reals don't get corsair rep? Also interesting to see you say you have worked out your caskets calculations over 500g...so you bought 334Reals worth of corsair caskets? Include a total cost of the essences when doing calcs, not pick and chose numbers to suit your own argument.

You also don't include the valor earned at 0 gear damage.

Lance Corpus,
You trash talk plenty, especially Gecko and you know it. Check old forum posts lol.

Don't BC or hex people out or arenas...yet a number of 9th were up to same old 9th tricks the last few weeks, only last weekend did they leave or were booted.

We can go round and round all day on past grievances, perceived or otherwise, but as my original post stated I am encouraging wiping the past clean. If you don't want to, or are unable to then that is up to you.
That is good news and hope both sides have fun with it. To everyone else take this offer by RF in a positive way and not diss him for it as he has posted this for the benefit of both sides. For those who cannot do that well then it is your problem.

Note he has mentioned wipe the slate clean from both sides. Go with that time will tell how this turns out but there is still hope
Dont know if this is the correct spot but as an additional note about sea battles, would be good if the losing team got some Heroism as well. I think that would encourage more participation. just my opinion
Most of the top players here urghhh cashers are old born in the baby boomers generation and will not or can not change their old ways. It started already between RF and Lance and Reagh. (black_beer) I don't know anything and I care not to know, more fun not being in the middle of drama. RF started this thread for a reason, maybe not having fun no more?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.