Rules Clarification - Regarding Clans of Alternates

Due to recent issues, post with some clarification is needed regarding alt clans.

We decided to update and allow alternates to participate in wars, but you must select and use only this one for the entire war, you cannot log in and participate on the other side of war.

Breaking this will result in the 200 real fine.
Comments
Kitty KatMy suggestion to guards for a fair rule that solves the problem:
Each player may choose one character to fight with per war and may only participate in the war with the clan/alliance associated with the fighter.

Nothing more complicated needed than that. Problem solved.

+1 to this idea. Much easier to actually understand.
This game is going to h*** in a hand basket.. The only way to take fun out of fun is to add to many dumb rules.
laker,

I am all for rules being applied to everyone equally. Never have i asked or sought out special treatment. That said, this post is about allowing clans a chance to do war with other people's alts. A topic that was pretty clearly spelled out as not allowed, then it turned into sailing with alts (again spelled out clearly as against the rules by ihit). Now it is going into allowing alts into sea battles (again, was said by Leane to be against the rules (must run strongest toon or battle ready toon (though battle ready was never really clarified)).

I was pretty vocal against the sea change (even after they bagged the voted upon style and just screwed the whole thing up). I am not sure the we pay so we get our way is really a thing. I have asked for lottery, told no, asked for maze times, has not happened, list goes on and on of the things i would like to see. at this point, i just gather, and fight where i can. The days of all trying sea battles are long dead. War is pretty much limited to a few.

I do not feel the answer is to start allowing alts to help build their friends. I feel that is a clear violation of the rules. I am sorry Storm does not see it that way. But as a long term player, i feel i have the right to say, allowing alts to fight wars against the clan that contains their main is wrong. Either put them all into one clan, or don't sign the other clans up for war. I am tired of getting clans that sign up for war, and only fight for 1 hour to get their million points, then goto hall. Maybe we bring back the fines for losing war... I remember phoenix clan, we had to scrap together to pay the fines, but we did. We on purpose stayed a level 1 clan so we had a cheaper fee, and were not paired up with the level 3 clans. So much of DE has been dumbed down. It has become easy to earn reps, and easier to cheat. People are given rewards for just showing up now. Much like most of the world, we now get rewards to just participating.
In case you missed it again:

Kitty KatMy suggestion to guards for a fair rule that solves the problem:
Each player may choose one character to fight with per war and may only participate in the war with the clan/alliance associated with the fighter.

Nothing more complicated needed than that. Problem solved.
We decided that it is okay to use an alternate as long as you pick only that one for a war.

Thank you.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.