Rules Clarification - Regarding Clans of Alternates

Due to recent issues, post with some clarification is needed regarding alt clans.

We decided to update and allow alternates to participate in wars, but you must select and use only this one for the entire war, you cannot log in and participate on the other side of war.

Breaking this will result in the 200 real fine.
Comments

You may not have fought yourself but from the case brought to my attention- they had a main in clan and an alternate that was clearly miles weaker in every fight and members were benefiting from this.

That’s not the point of a war , having a half decent alt feeding everybody else. Then the question becomes, whats wrong with fighting another clan? Why does it have to be this specific clan you fight against? It ends up sounding like: only the clan of the main so that only they shall reap the benefits.

I am not seeing how secondary toons are obsolete. You just can’t fight the clan your own main is in. There are other clans still active. You can sign up -insert alt clan name- on Tuesday and skip Fallen then or vice versa for Saturday’s since there are wars twice a week. It was discussed at length and every person on council with exception of 1, felt it was cheating to fight a clan that had alternates of a main clan.

With how the game has progressed - the rules have had to change in order to follow what is going on. We are just trying to keep it as fair as we can with what we have left.

Kitty KatMy suggestion to guards for a fair rule that solves the problem:
Each player may choose one character to fight with per war and may only participate in the war with the clan/alliance associated with the fighter.

Nothing more complicated needed than that. Problem solved.

There is no rule for playing against your friends, or even own clan mates, in any other battleground. If we are to limit wars to 'enemies only', why not the same for AOH next?
Storm Kat,

I gave a viable option but it’s not the option you want. You can apply Tuesdays with one and Saturdays with the other or vice versa.

There’s nothing wrong with friendly fights. There’s something wrong with giving fights to try and keep pushing heroism /reps for friends , which it what caused us to have to set these in the first place because people will abuse it if allowed the chance to. And someone did. It’s one thing to give 2-3 fights here and there. It’s another to give entire wars that not only boost heroism and reputation but confrontation too.

I brought it up to the other council members and when they have reached a decision I will repost what they decided in regards to alts in wars as well as sailing with alts

I'll be honest as long as we're spending gold/reals for war i don't see the downside for game that alternate clans war. Any activity should be good activity to them.

And at this point who gives a heck about any of this lol, if Ihit said it was okay then it should be okay with the guards.
Leane, I hope all council will take a moment to read what I wrote before deciding this time. The Fallen clan members should never be forced to stay out of queue just so I can accomplish a personal goal, that would be very selfish of me.

And regardless of outcome of vote - I still want an exception for Kitty Kat and Katnip Kingpin, who were built as individual mains. Kitty is even older than Storm Kat, and Katnip has spent way more time on reps than Storm Kat did at level 25. Obviously, I do not want to war with HunterKat or Stormy Kat or any of the other farmers, but it is very unfair to limit my play time on my warriors just because others do not want to take the time or money to grow a clan. If I could be refunded for everything I spent on Kitty, Katnip, and DragonBorn, fine, I would accept this rule. But no one can undo what I already spent and I now request permission to get my value back before the game is shut down for good.
What happens if AS queues for war (I have no character there) and I queue The Fallen for war, having no idea what that clan chooses to do? We both prep in earnest for war, and uh oh...we get each other. This seems like a violation of rule #1, though an entirely unintentional one.

1.) Am I punished for signing up The Fallen?
2.) Is our whole clan punished?
3.) Is Storm Kat punished, even if she has no idea that I signed us up? What about kingmp, since he's clan leader?
4.) What about if same situation happens, except Storm Kat queues with Dragonborne, where I do have 1 relatively useless alt? If this alt weren't useless and I wanted to get some heroism for it, so that I could get some regalia, is that allowed?
5.) What about if Harley2010. decided that he wanted to war with one of his alts in IE, instead of using his main character? His alts are all tough and could do a lot of damage in war, but are still far weaker than his main character, who is a total beast. He would be jailed for using a much weaker character than his main?

I am totally cool with following whatever rules are in place, but I simply don't understand the details of this one. I don't want to get jailed because a rule is poorly specified. Please help.
HunterKat,

Come on, be serious, no way katnip or kitty could be a main toon, or have had cash spent on them. Please stop playing the victim card here. No one forces you to have toons in so many clans, you picked it. no one is stopping you from playing legit wars.

You have been given options. 1) send one of your alt clans to war, and keep the others (including fallen) out of queue. 2) put all your toons into one clan, send it to war, and fight with one. It is really pretty simple. You have spent so much time asking for an exception to to the rules (the same you say you follow), why not just follow them? BTW, i never said you had to play alts like i do. i did say, alts should not be allowed in clans, but so far, it has not been done. We all get our opinion. You want to feed people, i want feed, so, don't send your alts to war with your other toons. Come feed me cheap heroism. i am fine with it. but then also fight the full two hours. :)

Personally, i would love to send a crap alt to sea and earn battle ess for next to nothing, but i don't. oh and hey, it would be totally cool if the winner of a sea battle where the other player gets naked and dies, if they would still get the battle ess and a heroism bonus for the win. Just saying, it has happened now to me more than a few times.
Each player may choose one character to fight with per war and may only participate in the war with the clan/alliance associated with the fighter.

My suggestion to guards for a fair rule that solves the problem:

Storm Kat,

I think the rule was put in place to prevent in this example fallen getting to fight DB and unfairly gaining cheap heroism. Again, if you wish to put all your toons into DB and then fight fallen (and kick all their last out of DB), then I think that is fine. Attack me all you want. And pretty sure we saw no crap alt in sea battle rule already.
Amherst, sea battle is different than ship battle. Both get essences. . Any other questions about how alts can legally be fun to play, feel free to ask. Seems the real complaint is “Kat knows how to play with alts and I don’t, so ruin her fun”.

And so it doesn’t get lost in all the drama, I have made a suggestion that keeps people from cheating as per the original complaint without it effecting the number of clans eligible for ALL wars:

Storm Kat,

Yep, I am sure you do lots of ship battles with alts. After all, you are the queen of alts. So it makes sense that you want to allow yourself a chance to use them to grow others. But the game is built around not allowing people to power level. Put in the time and effort to really try to get stronger.

Again, I am not attacking you, just the idea of using alts to allow others to gain rep for cheap. Running an alt in a ship so someone can attack it seems like cheating to me :) but that is just me.
“Queen of alts” is not meant as an insult based on “not attacking you” so I guess I will say “Thank you for the awesome title”? Nice to finally hear you accept I am the best at something? I would have a few other nominees for “Best at alt” category but since (for obvious reasons) they don’t want to put up with your drama and choose to hide them, I will gratefully accept your “award” on their behalves. Boy, do I wish I could go back in time and rename my toons, my game would be so much better with hidden alts and without all your negative attacks.

Again so it doesn’t get missed, I am not just complaining, I am offering a less complicated solution:

Storm Kat,
++ i agree with Storm Kat :)
I agree with kat.. all these new rules is clearly made only to target fallen. if only we decided to spend as much as other clans lol...

Amherst, you made some good points but i cant help but notice You are very against rule breaking or changing unless elitist is involved. I would side with u on a lot of thing's if u kept the same energy to everyone equally.
laker,

Has nothing to do with clan or race or anything else. It is about fair and clean playing. The game should not be easy. Or we all end up maxed and nothing to do other than bc and hex players.
+1 to this. I totally agree.Kitty KatMy suggestion to guards for a fair rule that solves the problem:

Amherst, I agree everything should be fair and clean... yet when ur clan got banned from not doing 1mil dmg in war (Pandor had work last minute I was told) administration made a whole new rule that every clan can get banned once.

And yet when doozer clan chose not to fight 7th that rule didn't apply to them. Again rules apply to everyone but elitist.
laker, IE and AS have also been punished with monthly bans and were unable to get them removed. Seems only elitists got that special treatment. Maybe guards should make it “fair” and give them a 1 month ban now to make up for it?
HunterKat, but then elitist can pull the we won't cash anymore card like they did when no one but them voted for rhatmes to council.. the first council member to quit btw we know what happen last time they threw a tantrum the administration bent over
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.