proposal to remove ponds mines or set a limit on them

with so many alt. accounts mining it is no longer what it was intended to be. there are so many alt.s mining pond that low lvl miner stuff is just about worth nothing. coal and quartz used to go for 18-20c a pc now getting down to 12-13c a pc through personal trades and will keep lowering as people will try to trade to themselves as cheap as possible. removing ponds mines even after maybe a few uses just to teach the basics would boost the games economy in the long run and most likely even bring back the whole point of mining to actually have to fight over them. it would also increase the games revenue with people needing to buy reals to fight. I realize that they are for beginner miners to teach them to mine but when are you no longer a beginner? all the alt accounts mine there nonstop and it kills the prices for all us who actually have/want to fight over the mines rendering fighting completely useless and even wasteful at that point. so as stated above please consider maybe putting a set amount of times that ponds mines can be used or even just remove them completely and put a mini guide to teach instead ">
Comments
Your neglecting the fact that their are players who don't have protection of clan such as yourself and need a safe haven to advance the profession, your point about the price change in coal and quartz is understandable but removing the ponds is a bad idea as it's already limited due to the two spaces of each as well as only gaining 50 of the substance per prospect.
The only reason you want that is because you spend hours a day sitting at the fort giard mines and no one else can mine. This would be dumb especially when this is the only coal and quartz lower non clanned characters can mine for jeweler quests and other items. You just want your AH prices back up.
Horned DemonYour neglecting the fact that their are players who don't have protection of clan such as yourself and need a safe haven to advance the profession, your point about the price change in coal and quartz is understandable but removing the ponds is a bad idea as it's already limited due to the two spaces of each as well as only gaining 50 of the substance per prospect.
mining is made so you confront others for spots the unclanned would have to fend for themselves i did not neglect anything and yes but having 10 accounts mine it nonstop it all stacks up quite fast i have thought about it all already and even talked to ihit about it earlier
alot of unclanneds already mine other spots besides pond to so it shouldnt be a problem for all the others to join the fray examples: miner lance, behind the mirror, boopete, ect... ">
-Azure-The only reason you want that is because you spend hours a day sitting at the fort giard mines and no one else can mine. This would be dumb especially when this is the only coal and quartz lower non clanned characters can mine for jeweler quests and other items. You just want your AH prices back up.
putting a limit to how many times they can be used would teach unclanneds how to mine while also making them join the whole fundamental of mining to fight for mines and fyi i was actually even thinking about switching professions seeing as how hunter stuff is now increasing in price. you tend to assume to much
selfish! oh sorry. i mean sell fish. like me!
Eurynome,

There still need to be some fight free zone for the low levels (not alts) to mine and build up their profession so they can compete, however I can understand the alt problem but removing ponds isn't the answer just be glad there are some mining limitations at the pond sight and although something needs to be done what you suggested isn't it in my opinion
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.