Foods dropping from elite mobs

Now the reason why cooking profession never blossoms...is because of this. People hunting elites all day, gathers 10-20pcs of the food buffs and spams trade and auction at ridiculous prices, which doesn't even covers the cost for making them as a cook.

Since the devs have introduced this new update on professions, it has produced a positive effect on alchemy and jewellery prof ( as well as inscriptors to some effect). But the cooking prof is still the same old, I think some sort of change is needed here too.

Perhaps removing food drops from elite/normal mobs could be a bit excess ( players must get an incentive for killing them). Then how about making these 'mob dropped food' non-transferable? I think that way, the cooks can be happy and elite hunters can be happy too ( yes elite hunters, use ur own food instead of killing the food market of us cooks:p'.

What do y'all think?
Comments
Have to agree on this one. At lower levels it's not as bad but as you move up the cook ranks, this definitely causes an issue. It's not uncommon to see AH flooded with large lots of high level foods very underpriced. I get that professions are like a free market economy and are dictated by supply and demand, but when the supply is falsely adjusted it doesn't help the market as a whole. IMHO
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.