Paying to change professions

I think there should be no charge to change professions. I now have nets and traps that I will have to pay 2 gold to use. I thought professions would allow me to make the things I need from ingredients that I collected rather than purchased, but apparently I will have to gather 1 ingredient and buy the rest. This renders professions pretty useless.
Comments
ikr
I think I can sorta see the logic behind paying to change , but I still agree with devilboy999 and Rothario. I doubt to many will do all 4 gathering professions , who has the space for that ? So players will still be buying from Auction House and from other players and also some players dont even bother with gathering professions so wont it all even out in the end ?
it creates a commerce... you trade and buy things from other people... the point of a profession is to make a good that you can sell to create money... if you farm somebody needs that... so they buy it... then you buy what you need with the gold... or you trade... and because some thing cost more to make than others it ends up a barter and money system in the game.

my problem is i thought it shouldn't take 1000 to level up the first time... maybe 250 or 500... but we keep playing because hacking at each other is fun! ">
The exp gain on professions needs increased some. 1 exp for 3 miners is not good for trying to get prospector higher. the same can be said of the crafting. 3 exp for 200 endurance flasks in not right
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.