A question of Valor

Dear Dragon Eternity

I think the game is more than completely awesome. It lacks almost nothing to resolve. But a question of valor. The amount of valor points earned by a gladiator is really insufficient to aid him in his progress towards becoming a true warrior. The gladiator is hampered with failings and misgivings and their motivation will suffer and they will loose sight of their ambitions.

What can be done is this: Increase the amount of valor a gladiator can earn.

Firstly I recommend adding more events in Battlegrounds. You could add Single Combat, where gladiators fight one another in single combat, Group Strike, where a selection of gladiators (of their own choice or groups) fight, Dragon Bite, where dragon's are loosed upon each other in the name of valor and anything else you can think of. These events must give the gladiator enough motivation to improve his condition and live a glorious life as a true warrior.

Secondly I recommend adding valor points to professions. You could give out 5 or 10 points per catch or harvest, per gather or anything else and also give out points for crafting materials like food and crystals and so on. Trade is a valorous activity and should be given its due. What would Arden be like without its valorous traders and businessmen.

Finally I would recommend that valor also be given special treatment by having special Governmental quests where the player is sent to do a valorous deed and earns valor in such like how Protectors are given points. These quests could come from the academy itself or from councilors.

It is also not wrong to assume that you can in fact reduce valor requirements as well instead of requiring exorbitant amounts of valor to progress to soldier. There are many people who are perfectly good soldiers who are still recruits because of the valor requirements.

Thank you.
Comments
first off I agree with there should be one or two more standard pvp options like 1v1. second valor is FIGHTING experience. more specifically pvp exp. combining professions with it seems a little stupid... same with fighting mobs. But getting valor for doing the glad collection is an idea. and third there is a quest but it is for 10 valor and 10 exp. the cost of completing this quest is a min of 20s and is very difficult if you do not get into pvp fights with the right set up at times. I've spent days before not fighting a single wit. the reward should be increased and the cost decreased. I'm of course talking about the master Davian quest after you get the gladiator ring
Moved to suggestions as it seem more appropriate section for this thread.
You are totally right about what valor is and how it is used. Maybe with that in mind there can be a new series of collections or reputations tailored for business and trade.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.