A few suggestions for the developers.

I'm new, yes, but I've spotted many flaws.
here are my suggestions:
1.) I HIGHLY suggest you change the name 'heaven's voice.' The reason for this is you are violating your own rule of #9. Discussing any topics that may offend any other players. WHICH, there are some people that get offended by the word 'heaven,' which i have met a couple of them.

2.) Honestly, not allowing foreign languages is a bit prejudiced. I think it would be beneficial to the game if at the least, you add another chat room for foreign speaking players.

3.) I also suggest that you have some mods on once in a while to help check over the chat for a bit instead of just the system.

4.) add some word sensors to the chat as well if you're so concerned with swearing.

5.) Within an hour of gameplay I've noticed several people getting chat banned, and they'll come right back on a new account. I suggest you find some way to keep them from doing this.

6.) The fact that everyone can see 'private messages,' arent private. this should be fixed to where private messages should be PRIVATE.

If you would like me to explain these more I see no problem with contacting me for more detailed suggestions.
Thank you,
ash16847

EDIT: I also suggest you add a feature that checks the name first, as offensive names are not allowed, byt they can still make them...
Comments
1. I don't think that's important
2. I agree
3. They do
4. Not important – up to them. People will simply avoid the filter anyway.
5. Agreed
6. No one can see private messages. Not sure where you're getting this from. Except maybe Guardians can see them, I'm not sure.
7. Agreed.
On 6. - If you click once on a name so it appears with a green surround - thats a public message to the person. Click on it again and it goes red, then its a private message only they can see.
ah. nobody told me the private chat thing. everyone was saying all chats were public. Also, PotatoJedi, you may not think #1 is important, but look at it through a different perspective. maybe you're not offended by it, but some people are. After all, the rule IS 'Discussing any topics that may offend any other players.'

As for the filter, it actually WOULD be better because honestly, lets face it, bypassing a filter is just sad. and also if kids play this game and thats the concern, kids wouldn't be able to see the word at least.
1) Since it does not designate which "heaven" this is really stretching the point. Heavens voice could be considered the stars themselves speaking. If you really want to push the no topic point, then it could easily be interpreted as ANYTHING including discussing the game.

2) This is because the majority of the moderators speak English. If they had an open chat there would be no way to moderate it.

3) They have moderators on as often as possible. However, they are limited by the number of moderators. Heaven's voice is just the system implementing what ever the mods have done.

4) Bleeped out words are the same as cussing in my opinion. This would take thousands of man hours to implement and is easily bypassed.

5) Up to the admin to institute IP bans.

6) Addressed above.

7) Your PS. See number 4.
IP bans are hard esp if more than one player in the family plays (like at my house -- there is myself, my wife & my oldest son). An IP ban would erroneously flag us...
Put on a chat filter please, Im tired of getting complained at when I Female Dog about a bug.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.