Remove damaging gear from arenas

This will probably be knocked as a stupid idea but if you disabled the damage feauture in arenas, or at least included decent pay people would participate in pvp more. As it stands the sides usually get stacked despite being randomized and some people get no luck and tend to lose in bad losing streaks to where their weapons and gear get completely destroyed beyond the point of repair. And when thats something like a golden eagle/ guardian/ berserker piece, thats about 30 gold + down the drain for little reward/effort in return. So this is where I propose leaving gear destruction to deaths in like instances/monsters/elites only and not in pvp, as it stands you are punishing players to participate in arena and it turns most of them away.
Comments
Kind of agree here, especially at higher levels. With few players in the pool it really comes down to who gets Matt or one of the other killers on their 2 person team. Perhaps have a week amnesty? A week event with no armour damage - see what happens. If it works, brings more players into PvP, then have a tourny once a month (a 48 hours period say) with no or limited armour damage.

Due to the fact berserkers are prob the best PvP class in the game, having a good one on your team that knows how to play will give a very high chance to win. Hopefully some balancing will be done cause berserkers do not have a bad match up due to the fire chain skill.
zanaduDue to the fact berserkers are prob the best PvP class in the game, having a good one on your team that knows how to play will give a very high chance to win. Hopefully some balancing will be done cause berserkers do not have a bad match up due to the fire chain skill.

this has nothing to do with the topic, nor is it true. zerkers are actually nerfed compared to pallies or witchers. if you have an issue, CHANGE. not that hard to switch over, especially with your gear, you only have a couple of pieces.

if anything, zerkers gear is more expensive because there are more of us in the game it seems. I think removing all damage would be inconsiderate of the people selling the much needed items after they get new ones for the same price they bought them for. after all, we used them, we should pay a usage fee.

Tsenn, not sure if you have died against a npc or not, but it seems that half or more of your gear gets damaged, versus a few pieces in the arena. I dont think anything should change when it comes to arena.

To the dev's that will never read:

In 7 bridges, its really hard to get anything to drop, so maybe making it no loss of dura to items might be a good idea or maybe even a higher drop rate? 30g (30 usd) in the ah for an collection item is kinda high maybe? I dont see the fairness in this, as its only a luck factor, especially knowing someone that got a collection piece to drop on their second bridge, versus me never getting one in my 100+ times.

In Tourney's I would take dura loss completely out until the end, and then again if it has to stay there, maybe one piece per round, even two would be fine. I was so excited when I reached level 16 to join tourney's only to find out that the times that the tourneys were arranged to be abnormal of most everyones schedule, as well as damaging and even breaking items to be a big turn away.

To all others:

i hope this to be too long for those that could care less to not read, and long enough for those that would like to discuss or troll, not that it matters... because i feel that the makers of this game could care less about pvp, unless its dirty by bonecrushing.

but then again, maybe if someone keeps on bonecrushing me, i can just log off and go do other things... i dont think we will ever see a decent battle system here, since there is no rating system implemented when it comes to fighting in arena's, bridges, or tourney's.

If they want to do anything, maybe they will look into matching not only levels, but valor points as well. hmm... idea?

peace-

B
randomly have 1-3 items dmg 1 point per death maybe. this would make gears last much longer, not just for arenas but for everything to do with deaths.
i agree with this, damage needs removing, OR some kind of cash incentive to participating in arena/7b
i for one cant afford to keep repairing my armor everytime a zerk annihilates me :P
having a overpowered class in PvP sure does hurt you, if a beserker is good vs both pally and witchers chances are you will lose and repair when they will not.As far as changing classes, your right everyone should just be a berserker and make this game have one class so the best player just wins.
Seems like the majority would like to see gear damage removed from the arena and bridges. I'd have to agree.. Its getting expensive to repair everything and frankly... Aquiring the rep needed takes an extreme amount of battles to accumulate which means a huge amount of deaths which in turn means equipment being quickly damaged. Having the damage factor removed would make pvp more inviting to more ppl id think, and make it far more enjoyable.

Also...might i suggest having more weapons to choose from. There seems to be large gaps in player lvls vs weapon lvls. A few more weapons to lessen the gaps would be appreciated... The new "professions" will help a lot in letting us aquire more currency to pay for the added items.

Lastly... Thanks very much for a great game!! We all can appreciate the hard work it is putting something like this together, and so far you guys/girls are doing a great job!

Gorrak.
To the devs, auto death upon 3 turns of not acting has to be taken out. No dura loss for arenas. Until forever, im quitting this game because it punishes people who do not spend alot of money to repair their items.
I totally agree here, especially when doing Tournament. I think that instead of trashing your gear, upon exiting the Arena, you could be stuck with a curse much like those from BC. Losing in battle may give you a temporary negative effect, like temporarily dropping some of your attributes or lowering your damage (you are tired and weak after a long battle). Just my two cents.
bump
This was bumped from *way* back when. The issue of this post has already been resolved because gear is now repaired to full condition. We no longer have to replace gear after a given number of repairs.

For the record, that was one of my favorite changes of all time. It let me relax and have more reckless fun. I didn't have to worry about how long my purple gear would last.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.