New player first impressions. Suggestions for improvement.

I started a week ago. First impression: Good concept, but poor at keeping new players coming and staying in. This is not a dig against the folks who made this game. I appreciated the effort enough to donate $20 to the cause. This is just some constructive feedback to help you make this game more attractive, so you can get more $$ out of it. These ideas are based on what I have seen in other (popular) games of this type.

Core of every issue I see is a lack of server population. Things that could be causing this:

As a new player, every upgrade on the auction house is way too expensive. There aren't enough players selling things to keep prices down. On top of this, you have a rule in place restricting players from trading items and money with their own characters. A 30% rule, if I read it correctly. Get rid of the rule. Add shared bank slots. Allow players to buy more slots with Real. Make it more reasonable than the $50 Real price you have on bank space for one character. That seems a bit ludicrous. Maybe add a tiered VIP system with bank slots and other benefits included. Limit accounts to 2 characters if you want to limit shared profession production. Charge Real for more character slots. Regardless, letting ppl share items and money amongst their own characters will not break the game. There will still be a need to sell things for profit, and people willing to pay for the convenience of not getting the stuff on their own. Who cares what character makes the money/items for the account. A person still had to put the time in to acquire it. Heck, make items untradeable after being equipped if worried about oversaturation.

I was confused when I saw equipment that drops from Skrag Cave, a level 15ish elite zone, that is equipable by level 3 players. Why doesn't this gear drop in a level 3 zone? Or be equipable by a minimum level 15 player? It's as if you intended for a higher level player to acquire the gear to give to their low level alt, but you have a rule stating that free sharing of items is forbidden. This seems a contradiction.

Bag space should be easy at the start and harder later on, after you get players addicted to the game. This would make it easier to get ppl to pay $ for more bag space. Instead, bag space is limited at the start, and frankly, a struggle to maintain with all the trophies and profession items. From what I've read, bag space gets much easier later on with mounts. This current model seems backwards.

Item weight is perplexing. None of the items tell you how much they weigh, so bag space management is confusing.

Most of the dungeons seem pointless. Only a few of them have specific gear drops that everyone wants. Why not add tiered completion rewards for each dungeon? Create some reason to actually do all of them.

Gear comparison would be helpful when browsing through auction for an upgrade. A simple preview window that would show current stats against possible stats when an item is selected. Also add more detail to the stats, like crit chance and resist %. Numbers by themselves are cryptic. I also noticed that Stamina was left out of the tooltip explanation.

I have other ideas floating in my head. That's all for now. The goal would be to make the game easier and more attractive to new players so they stick around long enough to want to spend $$ later on. Good for you. Fun for them.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.