Auto items stay visible in pack once depleted

I love that in the panel, all items remain visible (although grey-out) once depleted. This gives me a chance to turn off "auto" after using the last one.

There is a very old behavior (I'd call a bug/oversight) that I've never seen mentioned here. An item remains "auto" even when you can no longer see it in your pack. Once you get another one, even if months/years later, it will still be "auto", possibly without your knowledge. This has caused me to accidentally consume some things that are very rare and valuable to me.

Consider the following scenario:

1) I complete a quest chain and woohoo I get this really cool red balm.

2) I find just the right time to use this balm. I put it on "auto" and then wait for *that person* to attack me. If they don't attack, no balm wasted, but if they do - "> I'm king!

3) I have my fun and win with the surprise balm.

4) Item no longer in pack. I forget about it.

5) Months (years even) later I complete another quest. Items going into pack include a new fancy red balm. I don't think too much of it because I have traps to clear.

6) Go to hunter's trap, start fight, red balm used from old "auto" ">

7) Go on inopportune bc rampage to not waste it.

Fix is to leave "auto" items visible in backpack. They may disappear once "auto" is disabled.

My workaround now is to *only* set "auto" on items in panel. This way I can turn off auto once it's gone. However, this bug just nearly bit me again from item used long before I switched to using panel for all auto items, hence this post.

Thanks!
Comments
+1
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.