Sea Battle for Nephilim chain quest

I noticed that is almost impossible to play and win a sea battle for vaalor warriors, as numbers are more or less 4 sadar for 1 vaalor warrior each time.
This makes too difficult to achieve this quest for players who joined the Vaalorian empire and do not want to switch to Sadar one...
So, maybe it could be a good idea to give the possibility to "buy" the quests that ask you to fight and win in sea battles, just to make things fair.

Just my 2 cents.
Comments
as sbs are always 9v9 u cant be ountnumbered when u have 9 people in queue so i dont get ur point
Clara Kornas sbs are always 9v9 u cant be ountnumbered when u have 9 people in queue so i dont get ur point
The point is easy Clara: being that we are always outnumbered, we are splitted in small groups so we always have replicants in our team who suck in fights (even if they have more hps, they have no strategy, they can't summon skeletars, they can't cure).
So, in the end, fights are 99% of times unbalanced and unfair.
It would be nice to have the chance to "buy" at least the "win 3 sea battles" step to be fine.
It also kind of hurts that sadar wins 90% of the SeaBattles. For every casher that joins on the vaalorian side, 3join at the sadar side... And most of those cashers have ambrosias and all the red stuff (where they paid for of course, so that's fine). But you also have to take the unbalance in consideration, sadar is known to have way more sydian available to theirselves than vaalor.
Plus, the vaalor cashers will not join sea battle, and the little sadars are Just starting to feel ok joining, which would help balance matches a lot.
I would still love to have sea battles, all the time, but vaalors are such jerks about it, it's not worth the drama.

Attitudes need to change, People need to stop doing "Only when we can win". Great Quote - You miss 100% of the shots you never take.

Noone wins sea battles if they don't go to them. If you know you need 30 battles to get your 3 wins, then suck it up and go to 30 battles, knowing you will lose 27 of them, but you'll get valor, essences, rum, and Quest done. ">

p.s. Please do not add another "buy it" option. There are too many already. I fought and recruited like crazy to get some Invincible Warriors done, and it was a ton of fun and made everyone work together. Buying out IW was not nice, it allows people to avoid playing. Nephilium should be a BONUS that people worked for, not a new toy that people can buy IF they are cashers. ">
In reply to Storm Kat.

Kat, I agree with you that vaalor warriors should get a move and join SB, but actually they don' because they simply know that 90% they won't win it and, being such event VERY expensive in terms of resources needed, they don't find it to be something that worths it.
Just to give you my own experience: I joined 5 SBs in the latest Grand Day of Heroism and, despite I've dealt the most damages in 2 of them, in the end i got only 896 heroism for ALL the fights. Which, if you ask me, is a very very very low reward considering the time i spent to gather all the resources needed to prepare protections, balms, glyphs and so on.
2 weeks of preparation for what? Less than 900 heroism? Are they kidding? Do you know how much did I get for being the one to have dealt the most damages? 122 heroism!
And this in the day where you are supposed to get 30% more heroism!!!
And that's because, even if we owned Sadars in the shootout, we were full of replicants and so had no chance and lost (in the first fight I fought on the Fore with 4 of your replicants that were wiped out by our enemies, even if their highest level was 52, and I have been the last to fall, even if I am level 28, only because I could use tactics and strategies during the fight while replicants can't and so they cast and fight without any logic).
So, as long as they REALLY fix heroism in SBs for the loosing side not many vaalor will join (why should they, only to "feed" Sadars' heroism?) thus leaving that the 90% of the time those from the Vaalor Empire will stuck in their Neph quest (not to talk about the other quest which requires 3 wins in a row in SB), while Sadar will do it without ANY problem, thus increasing the difference between the two factions and pushing people to switch side where they can easily accomplish the task to become a Neph (did you notice that, in any event, many Sadars turn into Neph while only a few Vaalors can?).
I can agree with you of avoiding to add another "buy" option, but as long as Game Masters don't fix this situation, i see no other solution.
Maybe they could divide SBs into brackets, like other fights, to make things more balanced.
But, as long as it will stay as it is, SB will always be a Sadar's own "affair".

Just my 2 cents.
Norfildur Mendon,
Think you explained it best and for higher level players the cost of the things you talk about are much higher. No... I don't encourage valors to SB. Even if you put our best valor players in there we still lose 90% of the time and if you put best sadars in there it will be 100%. There is no possible balance. The big Sadar far out strength valor and even if they have littles on the team they still can usually pull out a win.

Yes some like to join to play just to play, which i say feel free to. But do not try to say the strong valor players are copping out or "disappointing". They play smart and spend their time working on things that make them stronger. So again, I don't recommend any strong valors do SB. Stay away from it. Spend your time working on strengthening other aspects of your toon. It will be time better spent.

Yes I already completed my Neph and yes SB quests were damn near impossible and took forever and a ton of luck, time and resources. Would I consider pushing for it now if i was a new player? Not as valor. I would tell players to switch factions if they wished to complete quest. Otherwise don't bother doing the chain. Just learn there are some things you have to accept that you won't be able to do on here like other players. Until game balances out you have to chose your path a little more selectively. I don't see balancing happening. If anything its going the other direction.

So to valor progress where you can and accept that there are parts of this game you can't achieve. If you have the urge to run at SB's and waste most of your time. Feel free. Enjoy. But don't plan on being a strong player for a long long time lol.
Better than brackets would be mixed Sea Battles, same as any other arena, where faction and clan do not matter. That would be a true fix that would not encourage anyone to switch sides just to get quests done. SB does not have to cost you a fortune, you can sell the essences and rum and if played smartly, you can get as much valor or more, than you do in 7B, plus heroism, plus coins. Even before Neph Quests, my clan was sea battling - how else do you plan to get corsair spells, if you don't go to SB?

I'm 39th in game for highest in heroism, and that was from a combination of wars (which hopefully will be back soon) and Sea Battles (win or lose). So am pretty tired of being told I don't know what I'm talking about. And very tired of hearing littles being told not to play. HAVE FUN! Stop worrying about "sadar has it easier". Who cares? The only time sadar vs vaalor matters is in DoT & Sea Battles. DoT is won based on who shows up (until the last bracket, vaalor stands almost no chance, yet ), and Sea Battles can be won on luck!

Reaghnf, I'm sure you don't intend to do it.... but "But don't plan on being a strong player for a long long time lol." "> That's pretty insulting. I spent a lot of time in Sea Battles, even with all the vaalor drama about it, and would like to consider myself a 'work-in-progress' tough player. ">
Dear Reaghnf,
I said that, in general, many vaalor players don't want to join SBs because they think it's a waste of time and resources, and I'm saying it because I talked to them. I personally tried to call some friends of mine to join only to get the following answer: "I'd rather wait for Clan Wars".
I also do not share your thought about we Vaalors to be resigned to "switch factions if they wished to complete quest. Otherwise don't bother doing the chain", even because switching faction has a cost as well (10 reals), and more if you want to come back (other 50 reals). And I can't accept that I have to be limited in my choices within a game because it is unbalanced.
As long as things won't be made more balanced the gap between Vaalor and Sadar will keep increasing in time, as one side can do everything with ease while the other one can't reach the same objectives because the "quests are damn near impossible and take forever and a ton of luck, time and resources" to be accomplished.
I think it's kind of funny how on heroism day Sadar usually gets their own SB's while Vaalor doesn't. Just putting that out there.
DE gives SB Neph Quest at level 25. Since having level 25s in a Sea battle gets me accused of "Rigging" them, perhaps DE can change the order of the quests and make SB one of the last steps?
Storm KatDE gives SB Neph Quest at level 25. Since having level 25s in a Sea battle gets me accused of "Rigging" them, perhaps DE can change the order of the quests and make SB one of the last steps?
This is another good suggestion.

Storm KatBetter than brackets would be mixed Sea Battles, same as any other arena, where faction and clan do not matter. That would be a true fix that would not encourage anyone to switch sides just to get quests done.
But this one is even better! This one will really solve all problems, and will also increase the number of SBs that could be played in a day.
Infact, while now if we have (lets say) 1 Vaalor / 9 Sadar the fight won't start, by mixing players we will have a 5 vs. 5 with 4 replicants per side, (and so even the problem of replicants will be solved).
You are a genius! ">
Norfildur Mendon,
I was being sarcastic about switching sides.

And, right on queue - PROOF that joining makes all the difference:

dragoneternity.com/game/event.php?id=55638d51-3d6f-0405-b74c-e600d0664fa1

Congrats Vaalor! Keep Queueing!!!
Norfildur Mendon,
Show us the links where you did top damage please. I would love to see it.

Reaghnf,
Nothing but negative as always. At least you are predictable. Your own faction are calling you out about it and proving they can win when they try. You on the other hand just keep moaning and encouraging people in forums and in main not to do a load of stuff in game that they might want to....who is ruining the game by telling people not to do things that are available to them?

Cue usual 9th rant after I post....
RF_17,
Norfildur did top damage in the one I was in. Gerakl crit me out with most my belt left. So, I do understand his frustration.
dragoneternity.com/game/event.php?id=556176f0-573f-0405-54b8-cfa6246b11df
(and just a note to all - I got over 900 Heroism in that battle, for the Sea Wolf, and best captain bonus)

Norfildur Mendon,
Do not base your Sea Battle experiences just on that 1 day. Join queue when you have time to play, invite your friends, there's nothing to lose. No gear damage, and at your level, you'd be mounting for arena anyway, so what's the harm? Valor, Essences, Rum, Piastres, and a good time. Plus, you learn more everytime you go, it's worth it in the long run. ">
ReaghnfNorfildur Mendon,
I was being sarcastic about switching sides.

Sorry, I didn't understand you were sarcastic.
Storm KatNorfildur Mendon,
Do not base your Sea Battle experiences just on that 1 day. Join queue when you have time to play, invite your friends, there's nothing to lose. No gear damage, and at your level, you'd be mounting for arena anyway, so what's the harm? Valor, Essences, Rum, Piastres, and a good time. Plus, you learn more everytime you go, it's worth it in the long run.

Will do. (black_beer)
Sadar wins one dragoneternity.com/game/event.php?id=55654140-e6e6-0405-9b05-6e3f4277bc3d
Valor wins one the next day dragoneternity.com/game/event.php?id=556684b0-610b-0405-da9d-74f05a5a8c02

You never know when the rounds are going to go, unless you're in queue. Players request that you have a military belt, best mount and skellies you have, good reps, good gear. Get your buffs on from Ancient Temple, and have food/balms ready. Summons, like hunter idols, replicants, omnis, ect are always appreciated by both sides. Queue Up! Have fun! ">
Please add brackets to SB. More SB will start.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.