Exchanger

Rather stupid in my opinion.

1st you limit the amount of reals that can be donated to clan and then you make it so that people can exchange gold and reals with no limits.

Seriously?! Seems kind of backwards to me since now people can just bypass the chest and just use the exchanger to roll loans through chest rather than actually through chest. ...Of course they would have to pay 100r first which seems like a ripoff to me.

All in all I don't really understand the point of this update since before the chest update people could do what they would do through the exchanger through the clan chest.

Why not just keep the trading through chest just without the limit like it used to be?
Comments
Mord-Sith,

Limit was introduced to chest due to re-rolling loans in the first place. And with current exchanger when players can use it to exchange reals for gold (Player A places 100 gold, B - 100 reals into it and they get swapped between them), you don't have to worry about giving new players permissions to access chest reals/gold therefor much smaller chance of having your chest robbed.
So increased security on clan chest. I can understand that.

What is the issue with rerolling loans by the way? I mean the game still gets it reals so what would be the issue?

Take loan -> Time comes to give back -> Take reals from chest to return loan -> Take same amount of loan out of bank -> Return to Chest -> Repeat. Which could have been done close to indefinitely - and reason for limit on chest in first place as mentioned in my first reply.
Ihit,

You can still do that with the exchanger. Say I owe 10 reals, I put 10g in the exchanger, other person puts 10 reals, we exchange, I pay back loan, take back, and then we reverse.
Mindless The II,

It's not possible because if person has a bank loan at that moment he or she can't use the exchanger.
Ihit,

Ok, I see. But it can still be avoided....the people with the loans can do the loop through chest...and the people who want reals for gear/pots etc. can use the exchanger...It can still be avoided, just the people with the loans have a max of 1000 reals, but I doubt tht will be past by just loans, nobody will take that big of a loan not to pay back.
Mindless The II,

You can do loop through the chest maximum of 3 times per month though (given of course they have maximum available loan taken)
posting to see other posts
Clarify something for me please. Pretend I have a 1-1 ratio and exchanger starts empty.
Person A puts in 10 reals, gets nothing right away. Needs to wait for Person B to put the 10 gold in?
And vice versa, Person B puts in 10G first and there are no reals at the moment, they will automatically be credited with the first 10reals anyone puts in?
Storm Kat,

Correct, also ratio can't be changed while there is something in exchanger.
Ihit,
Thanks for clarifying.
For a non-casher clan, I don't see the advantage of this. We're doing great with the current system and I hope you don't change that :)
does that mean a clan can't trade reals for gold unless they have an exchanger?
Pardon Natsu's stupidity everyone.
Mindless The IIPardon Natsu's stupidity everyone.

">
Mindless The IIPardon Natsu's stupidity everyone.

what I was saying was we do okay w/o the need for an exchnager...I'm just wondering if we (clan) has to spend 100r on bs item we never needed in the first place
Natsu Dragneel 112,

We have a 1000R limit in clan chest, no more than 1000R per month can be put in CC. If it passes, we need the exchanger, with the exchanger, there is no limits.

_Mindless_Prodigy_,

*Except that it can't be used used when you have an unpaid bank loan.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.