Another Guide!! (the rest of it is in comments)

I remember getting this question asked many times throughout the span of time I have played this game: how can I make myself stronger? What do I do? I put together a small list below of some things you can do to develop your character a bit better.

1.) REPUTATIONS

This is a very VERY broad subject to talk about that can let you tap into many different benefits. I will post a link that explains more below, but I will explain each reputation and their benefits VERY briefly... **NOT TALKING ABOUT HEXES AND BANES**

·PROTECTORS - this rep is a very swift and simple reputation you can work on everyday amongst your normal routine on DE. These quests can be done during an Hour of Prosperity (HoP), done while working on your professions, done in groups or done by the individual. With this rep, you can gain access to different kinds of backpacks, mounts, baldrics and mount weapons. This reputation is a great one to work on at the start of your time in the game because of how easily available they are and because of the benefits they can provide you at the start of your time here.

·GLADIATORS - this is another reputation you are introduced to near the very beginning of your gameplay. This rep is one that you should not fall behind on, for this rep can give you access to gear that can make your mount stronger against magic and physical strikes, add more vitality to the mount's lifespan, give you access to balms that you can use that provide the same stat boosts as their strength and life counterparts, but damage the enemy as well on their strikes. This rep, when built high enough, can also give you access to PURPLE quality marks. These marks are especially stronger their green and blue corresponding marks. This rep can be worked on every time you complete a gladiator battle or finish a recurring quest given to you by Master Davian at the Colosseum.

·BONECRUSHER - perhaps one of the most expensive, time consuming reputations there is here... But also provides some of the best rewards when built high. This reputation is built when completing BC collections, or on occasion when dealing curses to other people close to your level. With this reputation built high enough, you can gain access to Miolars, an artifact that provides room to equip a third skeletar into your fiolar. Mounts of great strength are also introduced at certain points of this reputation, purple marks would become available too. Mount weapons and Spheres of Insolence would also become available at your disposal, an artifact that allows you to close a fight - making any new entrances after the sphere has been used prohibited.

·DEFENDER OF THE EMPIRE - A reputation that is built from saving the world of Adan from the terrifying armies of Shaab. This, when built enough, will give access to the purchase and use of bows - ranged weapons that can be used when not on a mount! You can also temporarily upgrade your merciless crushed, imperial defender, dark hunter, Lord of storms, master of fates, twilight ruler, etc. Gear into that of Orange quality Shadow gear. You can also purchase marks for this orange gear. The Insignia of Grace will become available, increasing earned valor exp and heroism for 24 hours. A perfect buff to use during valor/heroism events and when you choose to make large runs in arena for valor. You can also purchase scroll to craft the Maul of Devastation or the Hammer of the Dark Gods, two of the most powerful weapons in the game that can greatly level the playing field in any battle you enter. All you would need is the Eye of the Abyss... you can also purchase a mount here upon reaching enough of this reputation. The Covers of the Omniarch Chronicles can be purchased here.
-
next piece of part one will be posted next
Comments
(part two of one)

·HERO OF THE EMPIRE - another rep you are introduced to near the start of the game. Obtainable In duels of truth, daily incidents, and healing other players, this reputation can grant you access to mana glyphs and Items that can protect you from hexes. You can also buy a necklace of purple quality that you can charge with fury gained in the battlefields that can be upgraded to orange and red quality. This item can be recharged numerous times. This reputation can also open access to more mounts, purple marks, mount weapons, crafting schemes and healing kits. With a healing kit, you can heal your own curses cheaper than without one and now - can heal other players!

·7 BRIDGES OF SHADAN - a reputation that can be earned by fighting other players in the 7b battleground and for completing recurring quests by Legate Val-Tar. When one or both of the 7b collections are completed, you will earn a good number of 7b rep, as well as get to fight Shadan's ghosts and Militiamen that also give reputation points once killed. With built high enough, you can purchase Insignias of Fading Mana that burn off some of the regenerated mana your enemy gains each turn, orbs of nosferatu and fearlessness (nos - increases damage dealt by spells and recovers some hp. Fear - increases damage dealt by spells, but takes some points away from your health). With enough reputation, you can purchase more purple quality marks that are stronger than their blue and green quality counterparts. Crafting schemes for nosferatu fearlessness orbs will also become available.

·VIGILANT GUARD - A reputation that teaches you the skill of necromancer starting at lvl 16. With enough reputation, you can summon undead allies from skeletars equipped in a fiolar that will assist you in battle. To earn this reputation, you need to use skeletars in battle with other players and completing the Vigilant Guard Collections. As this reputation is built, you can gain access to better fiolars, mount saddles (these offer more bp space), and better skeletars once the collection(s) are completed.

·CORSAIR - Available at lvl 22, this reputation becomes available to work on once you are a high enough level to join sea battles. **I will explain more about why I do not recommend approaching this one too early on my next larger points** this reputation can be obtained by completing a corsair collection, or from purchasing a corsair's chest with piastres and opening it. With this rep, you can gain access to corsair phials that greatly boost your strength, but cannot be used with a dragon phial. Insignias of Resistance (prevent multiple disorients from occurring in a row), mounts, and mount weapons later become available. Schemes to create Corsair Phials will also be accessable when this rep is built high enough. Black marks can be purchased with piastres at appropriate levels of earned reputation, an item that forbids your opponent to switch and fight another player.

·HUNTER - At lvl 9, you can equip a Hunter's kit to start working on your Hunter's reputation. To do so, you need to kill tracked monsters you would encounter on occasion with the kit equipped after a pve fight. This rep can also be built by completing hunter collections. To work on this rep, I would suggest always having a belt of potions at the ready and food being put on auto use because you WILL NOT have a break to get ready for it once you have tracked a monster with the kit. With sufficient reputation built here, you can craft monster idols to use in combat that can summon that monster to aid you in battle. As this gets built higher, you will be able to build better quality idols that are stronger than each before it, and you can buy better hunting its that track stronger monsters that can give better quality collection items.

•Further information on reputations? Visit here -> dragoneternity.com/library/reputations/
2.)VALOR

THIS is one of the most important points in the game that I can never emphasize enough. You will hear this a LOT. You will be told many many times by numerous players to focus your attention on valor, and never EVER rush to level!! This is true. Valor can be earned in any form of PvP (player vs player), such as the Arena of Honor (AoH), 7 Bridges of Shadan (7b), Tournament of Honor (ToH), Duel of Truth (DoT), Sea Battles (SB), Invincible Warrior (IW), Bonecrusher fights (BC's), and too much more to explain in detail in this post for you all. The more often you participate and the better you do, the more valor you will earn. Pay attention to your map at ALL times, because there are events like the Duel of Truth and Martial Valor to give you an opportunity to get a HUGE amount of valor. Valor is so valuable to build up because it will earn you new ranks, giving you access to a number of different things, like uprades in armor of purple and blue quality you can buy with gold or reals, dragon armor of blue quality, orange quality consumables, orbs that can be used by your dragon and even BETTER BELTS! Getting a bigger belt will greatly help you progress in the game, especially in pvp. As you continue to grow, you will need more of those valuable potions to store in your belt to help you survive longer in combat. That is just scratching the surface of its importance here in this brief summary.

•Further information on valor? Visit here -> dragoneternity.com/library/development/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.)HEROISM

Heroism becomes available at lvl 22, but I do NOT recommend trying to obtain it in Sea Battles UNTIL YOU HAVE A BELT OF GREEN QUALITY OR HIGHER AFTER REACHING SOLDIER OF THE FIRST BLOOD! The reason for this is because the Sea Battles is a very rough and rugged battleground where other extremely powerful players fight for this form of reputation. You will be able to gain access to purchasing regalia - an artifact you can equip that will most effectively balance out your class stats. But, when equipping regalia, you can only wear jewelry of your class stat. As your char's heroism increases, you would earn titles. These allow you to purchase purple quality jewelry for reals, and regalia listed above for gold. As your title increases, you can also purchase even better blue quality dragon armor for reals as well that are even stronger than that of valor!

•Further information on heroism? Visit here -> dragoneternity.com/library/development/
4.) PROFESSIONS

Every player can develop mastery on their professions. These professions are divided into 2 different categories: The Gathering professions and the Crafting professions. I will not go into too much detail on what to do for these professions, since there is a link below that goes into far greater detail than there is room here in this post.

-Gathering Professions-

•There are 4 different kinds of Gathering professions: Fishing, Hunting, Farming, and Prospecting•

•Gathering quest for hunting - Huntress Meeleeyuri @Valdian Forest
•Gathering quest for fishing - Fisherman Khadon Tahl @ Port District
•Gathering quest for prospecting - Prospector Felmarimal @ Mines of Tagol
•Gathering quest for farming - Farmer Gam-Ar-Gar @ Village of Landor

-Crafting Professions-

•There are 5 different kinds of Crafting professions: Jeweler, Cook, Alchemist, Inscriptor, and the Blacksmith*•

•Crafting quest for the Jeweler - Jeweler Khaleem Ranheim @ Outskirts of Vaalor
•Crafting quest for the Inscriptor - Inscriptor Ultchi Kree @ Ancient Temple
•Crafting quest for the Cook - Cook Rugilda @ Watermill
•Crafting quest for the Alchemist - Alchemist Leema Ortan @ Western Graveyard

*The blacksmith is a profession that can gather no mastery. You use this to create armor from the beginning of your adventure in Adan, starting with crafting your own gladiator armor at lvl 6. When you start going to the skrag caves and gathering relics, you can use those relics plus some reals to craft blue quality armor (Merciless Crusher, Dark Hunter, or Imperial Defender gear). The blacksmith profession is also used to craft a number of convenient consumables when the time (and reputations) come. Here - you can craft hunting idols, Spheres of protection/peacefulness, Corsair Phials, Dragon Ambrosia and soooo much more!

•Further information on all these professions? Visit here -> dragoneternity.com/library/profession/

*Information on Crafting professions -> dragoneternity.com/about/news_innovations/8135.html#cP=1

I know this is a LOT of reading, but these are a few of the ways you can develop your character better in the game!

-Sapphire warrior
beautiful work Sapphy......."> why did you not tell me all this in the beginning ">
Love the post (santa)
Banes can be very useful in combat.
This helps out a LOT for first time gamers (like me). Thxs for sending this to me Sapphy
That is a GREAT reformative post Sapphy and VERY time consuming. I believe everyone should try every mastery and reputation out and see how DE fits to your daily routine. Some people spend just 30 minutes a day, others spend 3 hours and even others spend nearly 30 hours a day on this game. Find what suits you and your schedule and continue with the routine to build your character up. P.S.- some people will try to prevent you from building your character up so learn to thicken up your skin like Irish. Thousands of people bonecrush her and she does not care no more
Brilliant post

and
Rogue Outlaw,
I never knew there were 30 hours in a day ">
greatsword,
True.... I never realised that anyway (that's he said 30 hours)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.