What the ....

Who's bright idea was it to spring yet another Rage of the Elements at such short notice. I have not had time to prepare for it in fact I was in the middle of a much needed hop - so really lovin' the elementals. If we have to have this rotten quest please give us plenty of warning. And next time do not spring it on us again.
Comments
Rage of Elements is event that occurs in Adan approximately once a month and it's been on almost same schedule last 6-7 months.
It was not on the map or in the news. I hate it with a vengeance and will not be playing and I suggest other Hunters boycott the event
All there is to say
Still, this is an event that needs preparation from players, is it too hard to give us a 1 or 2 day notice? Even pvp weekends get announced, why not this? Would at least save some people (rhatmes, in this case) from anger from being in the middle of HoP/ eye run. Even the calendar of events doesnt have it included.

It only shows after active. It wasn't on the schedule yesterday.

Also, the News is worthless. I can't tell if an event is for Nova or Aer server.

I reported the problem, but like the several issues I've raised before... they just go into a black hole and the issue is closed without resolution.
Briliant. No warning and prospect of having this monthly... I guess I may consider going.
Btw thank you for no warning, now all the traps on my alt will rot. And my garuug bag will expire. if I knew this was coming, I would have done hop yesterday.
hate this event, best way to get hero rep. is Dot. this way sucks. cya next week
Ihit,

dont really mind this event but pls give warning so players can prep in future :)
IhitRage of Elements is event that occurs in Adan approximately once a month and it's been on almost same schedule last 6-7 months.

true, but there are other events that happen at regular intervals (Duel of Truth, insignia of redeemer events, etc.) that we are warned about on the map at least, and those things don't cost NEARLY as much time or money. This event screws so many people even when we have warning, and frankly I'm just plain sick of how little you care about those that can't afford to do this. A lot of us get punished for something that we are INCAPABLE of doing.
They should at least make it shorter
Stop wining this event comes around at about the same time like ihit said. The reason its not on the map or in the news earlier is for this simple reason you all want to wine about it.
Hello my clan was warned in advance because i knew it was coming.
Roanoa_Zoro,

Ageolite,

rhatmes,
Like me you 3 should had known it would HAPPEN soon
I don't care what any one says about this event or who's butt they are kissing to make it sound like a good event .. this event sucks. IF I knew it was coming I wouldn't have bothered logging on either. It is a waste of time, Money, reals, and items. And no Arcane it isn't whining .. it is the truth.There is only 2 other events that come even close to being as sucky as this one and they barely happen. They should do away with this one and find another that actually does something for the players instead of wasting everything. Doesn't matter if your prepared for it or not .. the fact is that the event sucks and that doesn't change. And to be punished because you refuse to be a apart of this crappy event makes things worse. If I choose not to be a part of this piece of carp event then that Is my choice as a player and should not have to face an additional punishment for not wanting to be a part of it. Either we are forced to join in or forced to be punishment for not joining in .. either way .. this event still sucks and if there are some that enjoy it then allow them to enjoy it .. as for me .. I don't like many others but end up trying to finish it because I am tire do being punished for not doing it. Doesn't take away that the event Sucks though .. just means I have been forced to participate in something to come to it's end so I don't have to face another so many hours punishment for not doing it at all. But the even still sucks and if it continues I won't care very much and won't log on and won't be more of a part of this game and will soon find some where else to spend my money as well. AT least until this event either loses the punishment part or this event is gone.
i don't mind it as long as there is advanced warning so i can prepare..i like how it pushes me to get my glad and 7b rep
I agree only good thing was a 7b colelction piece
Creature1776,

Read my mind hehe.
ArcanePaladin,

The word you are looking for is whine btw. I did have an inkling as I had been checking the news and map diligently for the last two weeks this is my third RotE and I am pretty sure for the first two there was an advance warning. But this time there was none. I particularly like the juxtaposition with the blurb "An unseen disaster has befallen Adan!" and ihit's statement "Rage of Elements is event that occurs in Adan approximately once a month and it's been on almost same schedule last 6-7 months."
ArcanePaladinStop wining this event comes around at about the same time like ihit said. The reason its not on the map or in the news earlier is for this simple reason you all want to wine about it.
Hello my clan was warned in advance because i knew it was coming.
Roanoa_Zoro,

Ageolite,

rhatmes,
Like me you 3 should had known it would HAPPEN soon

I knew it was likely coming, BUT honestly we did not even get a day warning in advance like we used to. So I put traps on and left the Garuug bag till next day as it was getting late and I was working in the morning. Assuming I could do it next evening. Obviously not.
Just because somehow you knew exact day, it does not mean everyone else did!
Btw this event is NOT scheduled to start on specific day of the month so it is extremely hard to know that if I dont clean traps and dont put any new in, it will all go to rot because this happens.
This stupid event comes every 6 weeks it seems, once interfering with day of grand heroism, and once with day of ruthless fury. This is what I noticed in the last 4 months since I restarted to play the game.
Well, it seems that some of us (probably not very few) are forced to take a break of 5 days every 6 weeks. There's nothing else we can do. Either play a low lvl alt (if the character has not reached lvl 9 by the time the event started, it will not get the curse even if it reches lvl 9 during the event), or try another game during this time. I am sure there are other games which are better and even cheaper than this one. I even played some. I had to quit them because they were addictive. I play this game because it is not that good, and even becomes boring soetimes, so I can live my real life too.
This is my first Rage of E. and quite frankly it;s complete and utter shoit. I'll continue logging in for dailies for the next 3 days then return to playing it 'normally' after this dull, eventless waste of space and time event has ended.
Another drawback on this is the experience gained from completing each quest. 8k exp for completing Rage III?!? No thanks, I'll just stop there. I love the pvp action, but the costs (in experience) are way too high. Add to it the inability of hunters to create revenue from traps puts them at a huge, unfair disadvantage. I do realize that caskets can be sold, but that doesn't rectify the inequity. Farmers, fishers and miners can sell them too, so that's not a legitimate argument in my opinion, the disadvantage to hunters is still there. For whatever reason, the admins believe in this event and insist that many of the gamers like it too. Perhaps that is true, perhaps not. But what I do know for sure, there are many who loathe this event. Perhaps the frequency should be cut back to that similar to the Adan events. In addition give at least two weeks advance warnings on the event map.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.