Changing your character from one type to another. Mid stream

What are the pros and cons of changing your character type mid stream. I realize you would lose some spells and have to do some new ones all over again to get back to your previous level and that would cost, especially considering what some of the sparks go for. Then you would,have to sell all your armor and weapons up front. Provided you could get your investment back. What stage of the game would be best to do this and what are the benefits or cons?
Comments
Honestly, don't do it. There is no real advantage to doing so unless you REALLY wanna be a different class. If you must, do it early on, like lv 7 or 10.
You don't lose your spells. If you have the pack space you can be all three classes. It is only a matter of which gear you currently have equipped.

As for advantage, each class is different. I prefer zerk for PvE, and class advantage for PvP (zerk over pali, pali over witcher, witcher over zerk).
To Expand on Trongster's point:

Dual classes are a matter of capriciousness. You can function just fine with one class: THe best players are only one class. However, elite players have devoted time and resources to get purple gear for 2 classes, which is extremely hard. Unless this is your idea of fun and you're willing to plunk down much more cash/time to do it, don't.
Marcus is Wise. I started going multi-class only once capped at level 50 and making gold without getting experience. If you try to build dual-class in mid-level, you'll likely level too quickly, neglect other aspects of the game due to gold consumed on gear, and not play either class to its fullest.

If you want to switch, switch sooner rather than later. Once you go purple gear it's non-transfer so there's no reselling. Pick your class by level 31 and legionnaire.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.