Rage of Elements

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm just now recovering from the expense of Shaab. Not to mention this seriously interfering with day of heroism... was this an oversight? I seem to recall this being scheduled prior to Shaab being pushed back and not adjusted afterward.
Comments
I am pleasantly surprised

Solid contribution there, bud.
All I can say is... I planned my holiday well
are they really running both at the same time? i kinda want to not believe both will happen at the same time
Considering the last one was barely six weeks ago it seems a little unfair as it severely cramps my ability to make money out of the game - I am hunter so elemental, elementals everywhere. And of course the only effective way to lift the Rage is to fight, fight in the arena which becomes expensive. I think I might be taking the week off as well.
should be interesting
WarGecko,

fu

no but this event is stupid they shudnt of don it im mad
That is correct, we've also updated Duel of Truth adding two new groups so nobody would miss out on them if they reach higher levels. Given there's several PvP events during the weekend you should be able to finish Rage of Elements much faster and easier than usual as except for decreased Mana Regeneration it does not affect player versus player battle almost in any way. Also I'll remind that Tournament of Honor is great way to acquire rather big amount quintars.
I find it unlikely that it will go any faster unless you changed the quintar drop rates. and tournament while a great answer, only so many can que for that and then factor in not all of us can be on at the times tournament runs... there is a reason I don't do very many of the things though they are my favorite of all the types ;)
To ihit you do realise a lot of players do not like Rage at all and I have heard when it was first introduced players quit. Also I don't care how quickly I can acquire Quintars I could not collect enough last time as I ran out of money because I could not hunt and I can't see it being different this time round. Its also been exploited by the clan which has just declared war on us as they have a lot of lvl 50 players and obviously the 8 to 9 hours they have under rage before the clan war they obviously think they can lift a lot of the effects of the Rage.
Ihit, players have been complaining for months about this.
Here's my tuppenworth we all know that the game favours players who spend real money and I can live with that but this event forces you to go up against them and guess what as they win more pvps and can inflict more damage they reduce the effect of the rage that more quickly. True at zero hour we all get the same reduced mana but a day later its a totally different story and ihit that is no small matter if my mana generation is 10% of what it should be how am I going to beat a player whose mana generation is reduced by 40-50%. I will not be taking part as it is not worth it fortunately fishing does not seem affected by it - damnit should have kept quiet about that as next improvement to this event no doubt I will encounter elementals when either setting bait or collecting catches.
Yes I advice to do ToH big time, I get 100-150quintars each round from it :).
Yes I advice to do ToH big time, I get about 100-150quintars each round in it :).
You could at least run this event before the weekend, so those that doesn't want to play it could play the weekend PvP events without the mana regeneration penalty, and without being forced to get all the unwanted experience from those quests. I only play Day of Ruthless Furry event, so, this time it doesn't matter to me, but the previous rage of elements finished just before the day of ruthless furry, leaving ppl with the curse during the event if they haven't done all the quests. Now that I am close to get to lvl 29, I regret I played that event, and got alot of experience. I can only do one more day of rutheless fury at lvl 28. If I would have not done that, I would still be lvl 27, and could have done 3 or 4 more days of ruthless fury before getting to lvl 29.
I know there are ppl that likes this event, and ppl that doesn't like it. Personaly, I will play it with some of my alts which are curently lvl 4, but will get some of them to lvl 9 to play this event. But it's not fair to interfere with weekends PvP events, when I want to play with my main character.
I'm getting pretty tired of this money pit. How much do I lose if I don't complete this quest?
since everyone is forced into arenas to finish this event, for reasons previously stated many times and ignored or deleted... surprise surprise this event is taking just as hellishly long as usual, coming from one who wins most of their arena fights.

So no Ihit all this does is make it so players wanting to do heroism day either cram all their pvp in now to remove debuff or are forced to fight with it. the seabattles ques are probably less populated thanks to the debuff so it is hurting ques not helping them.
Just a small piece of information: if you have a character that is lower than lvl 9, if you get it to lvl 9 during this event, it won't get any debuf and no event monster will join the fights, so, you can play normaly with it. you can farm some sparks of inception at least, eventually play the incidents, then sell all the stuff to your main character 30% cheaper than average AH prices (or trade them for that high lvl green equipment that you try to sell for 3-4 gold for more than a week, or that you ussualy dismantle). it's better than doing nothing or wasting your gold on PvP for a crapy reward. and next time, with the same low lvl character, you can play the event much cheaper, as PvP at lvl 9-15 is not expensive, and the debuff won't be that painfull, since most characters at that lvl have weak spells. then your main character can buy the caskets cheap from your low lvl character.
Bronzometh,

thats genius lol
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.