Avoid Scam artists , cashiers scams, money lenders, price gauging, and money launders.

Surprisingly this game actually allows for a lot of these things. And I believe the rules need to be updated accordingly

Normal scam artist - people who tell you they need something like "Sparks" and try to get you to sell them cheap when they just resell them.
- people who tell you they have money for something then try to give you objects instead.
- people who tell you they're putting 40 items on auction for 30's then put 1 item for 30. Hoping you buy it.
- in general a scam artist is anyone who lies about a price or what they are going to use something for in order to get you to pay more or them pay less.

Cashier scams:
-People who use a clans money for their own benefit then don't pay the clan back even to the point of bankrupting the clan.
-People who siphon money to an alt through clan money.
-People who bankrupt a clan in order to hide siphoning money to an alt.

Money launders:

-Using 2 or more people to siphon money to an alt, where each person takes a cut. (The mob does it why not gaming friends. *rolls eyes*)

Price gauging:

-Buying out an entire market of items between 1 or more people (usually requires at least 2 people) and then tripling the price on them, then anyone who is new to the game sees this price on auction and will raise their prices to match.

Money lenders:

-If its not from a clan chest and they charge interest it shouldn't be allowed.

Pricing guide to avoid scams:

All green gear till level 26ish is around 10g plus or minus 2g.
All marks on gear will raise the price on the gear as much as the mark is worth.
The only exception is re-enforced axe. Which is essentially 2 weapons in one.
After level 26 green armor gets much cheaper.
If in doubt ask a clan mate or a guardian, they should give you an honest answer on what gear should be worth.

Reasons for gear to remain 10 gold

Reason one: You can make blue gear from around 55g to 35g so green gear will be much cheaper.
Reason two: If one classes gear is too expensive people will switch to the other classes.
Reason three: If you try to buy out all three classes, you will make enough people mad that you won't be able to play normally "ever" again.
Reason four: This game needs new players and if you make it so they can't play (by buying up all the armor and making it too expensive), you essentially wreck the game economy so newbies can't play. Without new players the game dies...

How to price consumables:

-Check the shop price on Flawless and powerful. That should give you a good idea on what your normal price should be.

-If you are selling get out you computers calculator and figure out your cost before selling. (in fact put the calculator in your menu bar)

-Don't over sell something that be bought from the next lv at the same or lower price, (weak, simple, powerful, flawless)

-Don't undersell unless you really need the money fast.

-Never buy anything till you've checked powerful and flawless shop prices.

Note: Most items have a price tag on them that will (most of the time) be a good guide for the prices (I have found a couple items priced the same as weak item, i am pretty sure they are typing mistakes)

Side Note:

Legal scams:
I once saw a player buy up mount weapons at shop price on his/her alt then buy them back overpriced at the 20% rule on their main.

Players can transfer vast amounts of money if they buy everything consumable from their alts following the 20% rule.
I personally don't care about that.
Level 50 players will have an advantage no matter what though.
Comments
1.some of these aren't really scams, just people using their heads.... as long as game rules isn't broken then it's legal.

2. i think admins have sorted out thefts in clans( if reported!) returning their items or money- the player who stole would be shackled.

3. the thing about characters giving money to their alts through clan chest- that's breaking game rules the player and he's alt will be shackled.

4. the thing about tell players to sell at 10g per green gear wont happen, you'll always have players who buy and resell gear for double price.

Most of th
Roanoa_Zoro1.some of these aren't really scams, just people using their heads.... as long as game rules isn't broken then it's legal.

4. the thing about tell players to sell at 10g per green gear wont happen, you'll always have players who buy and resell gear for double price.

Most of the people who price double price are newbies that see the only item selling on auction with 2 marks on it priced double its normal value. They dont know that marks make the item worth more and they think thats what their item is worth so they put it on at the same price.
Roanoa_Zoro1.some of these aren't really scams, just people using their heads.... as long as game rules isn't broken then it's legal.

Yea and that why I think the game rules should be updated, very first line in this post =P.
LilithHeart,

Most of what u wrote is untrue. But for the rest, learn this word, get used to it, called BUSINESS. ">
Vaalor WizardLilithHeart,

Most of what u wrote is untrue. But for the rest, learn this word, get used to it, called BUSINESS. ">

You act like i am talking about you and not just talking in general.

I'm not talking about you, although I do think you'd make a good car sales man in real life, or maybe one of those telemarketers that specifically targets the elderly.

I've played enough MMO's to know that most of this does happen. And if it happens in the real world it can happen in the game world.

LilithHeart,

It' never really that easy to gain control of an economy and ruin the game for newbies. Players will always get gear drops and use direct trade feature to prevent the resellers from taking advantage.

I think this is a pretty good post though :)
LilithHeart,

Jeez u can't stop complaining, if people try to scam u, u just reject them u don't have to post this long thread crying about it
To Vaalor Wizard,

`>< Your so mean *pout*

Your the one that claimed to have "Wraithed" me over being irritated with Marcus. (At least I try to be constructive when I'm irritated)
*Points finger* I think your Waaay more whinier than me!

(besides I think you just don't like my post because you may lose some potential business. If that's true then this really is a good post ((^.^ )
LilithHeart,

lol, calm down, that's just vdubz :P If you let him get to you he'll end up trolling ">

Vaalor Wizard,

Stop wit ze trolling ! ">
LilithHeart,

Wtf lol, I was never irritated with marcus, I was joking lol, I bced u because I could....it's part of the game
LilithHeart,

And no, ur post is crap, I mine,craft,farm, incident chests etc. for money, I don't resell ANYMORE
Vaalor wizard.

The great re-seller "Vaalor wizard" crafting, farming, and doing incident chests? (O.O) (Now this I gotta see! )

Soooo...*Lets her voice drip sarcasm with each syllable* Just what Specifically have you been doing to make money these days... (Come to think of it I haven't heard his voice whining in mass PM's in at least a month!) *Narrows her eyes daring valor wizard to answer* *Gets closer to try to read him better*

LilithHeart,

Pfft lol, your just mad I have 115g+ from crafting,farming etc. While ur over here crying about this crap.
Hmmmmm... (And I thought he'd have a more fun answer) *Looks slightly disappointed*

We'll whatever you doing I'm sure your doing fine. *Turns her head to the side in thought* (Although last time I looked he was missing two pieces of armor... I wonder if buying those swords tapped him out...)
LilithHeart,

I thought ut answer would be more fun also, speaking of fun, I was missing 2 peices of armor cuz I was testing being a zerk by using bunch of MC/green pcs of zerk gear from clan chest, for FUN, I'm a witcher, and not missing any peices of gear, even if I was, stronger then u still I bought those swords a lil while ago anyways, and tapped me out, im never tapped out, ask marcus, i'm always loaded with gold. ">(wood)
quit the arguing back and forth

and a note u have missed is not all gear until lvl 26 goes for 8g or higher, pally guardian hammer is normally 4 to 6 gold each

and just post do ur homework so not scammed cheated etc.... if they no want to listen to advice their bad
I've never seen a pally guardian hammer go for 6g unless there are 5 or more of them on auction at the same time by different pple, and I've never seen one at 4g.
its a game/life (for some adicted people) *looks at VW* and yeah business is business so stop messing with it!!
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.