Lux's Somewhat Simple Guide to DE

... This covers certain things about DE that one should really know but aren't in the rules or anything.">
ARMOR
-Gladiator Armor is a whole load better then Recruit Armor. Get it early and you have an advantage in arena in 6-8 bracket. (Less so in 9-15)
-Jewelry is important. Ditch the jewelry you can buy in shop as soon as you can. And keep it up to date. It makes a huge difference.
ARENA AND OTHER PVP
-Summoning in Arena and other Battlegrounds is typically considered bad manners. Don't be the first to summon. And if you are going to summon do it right before you die unless you want to take valor away from everybody.
-Running into arena with no armor and/or potions is a whole different type of bad manners. This is against the rules so report anybody you see doing this. Also feel free to bonecrush the crap out of them.
-Mounts in arena are overused in the 22-28 bracket so you can use them without retaliation but I have heard that they are frowned upon in 29+
-When it comes to inflicting curses in Arena, heal them unless you want to make the cursed person and their clan angry. Unless you don't like them. "> It follows from this that you shouldn't inflict curses that you or your clannies (if they are willing to heal for you) cannot heal. Also not healing scares people away from arenas.
-Please don't use lessers. It bugs me and anybody who may be on a team of yours that lost.
-Orbs are your friends.
-Valor is IMPORTANT!!!
BONECRUSHING
-Before bonecrushing somebody, be aware of the consequences. They may call in their clan or certain other contacts. Also you could be the one ending up being bonecrushed in the future. Nonstop.
-Typically, if they are spamming naughty words or insulting you in main, you can get away with it.
-If bonecrushed, you can retaliate with anything you've got. Call in your clan and powerful buddies. If you shout out for help in main you may get assistance. If it is a Wraith, beware, they are usually pretty tough.
-If bonecrushed and you cannot call for help in time, write down the name and tell your clan if you have one. Then they can either talk to the attacker's clan leader or bonecrush the attacker.
-If you follow some of the the rules in the Arena section and do not irritate high level people (especially clan leaders) you are less likely to get bonecrushed. If you irritate the latter very bad things happen.
CAVES
-To do caves successfully, you need a group of level 15-16s with a few dragons. (First boss)
-You can get some nice loot from caves but doing them on your own is usually suicide.
GROUPS AND RAIDS
-Don't go in a group for things other then Caves, Elite Quests, or other instances in most cases.
-For caves, set the Group setting to Master Loot. Make sure that the loot is distributed somewhat evenly. A good way to do this is to have people from the top of the group pick first, then go down and start at the top again when you are finished.
-If your group leader is hogging the loot, spread the word all over so that they can never lead a group again. Also I would suggest ditching them.
-Don't spam requests for friends or groups or raids. Once somebody spammed friend requests at me for 5 minutes straight despite me vehemently protesting. So I friended them, bonecrushed them repeatedly, and then unfriended them. Also it is just plain annoying.
TRADE
-Don't sell things for stupidly high prices. Just don't.
-Check the price you put up for Auction Lots and trades before you click accept or create lot. People will buy extremely cheap AH lots even if they do get shackled.
-If you sell something to the game it is usually a huge rip-off.
">
I may put up some more things later and if you have something to add please reply.
Comments
One other thing about getting bc'd; if you are on the receiving end, DON'T bleat and moan about it: it will only encourage people to do it more.
Lux, Awesomely written guide. Just a few additives (if you like it you cna out it in the Original Post :P)

Jewelry:

Green jewelry Is considered average. If you have green jewelry for your level, you are fine. Most great fighters will go all blue, as the boosts to intuition/stamina/will will make them better and more powerful fighters.

Blue jewelry is expensive, but it is better than green jewelry (if they are the same level, mind you! A green charm of lv 28 is BETTER than a blue charm of lv 22). Players receive it from exceptional performances in the duel of truth, and sell it at prices ranging from 1-3 gold (charms and bracers are more expensive, 2-6 gold). It costs a lot to repair, but this should not deter you.

Black jewelry—Only first level black jewelry is available in shop. All other black jewelry is dropped randomly by mobs. NO ONE will buy this off of Auction House. It is horrible and useless. It's a problem if you have it. Get better green or blue jewelry and turn the black jewelry to dust.

Belts

Possibly one of the best things to have. However, you need to be lv 16 before you can get a canvas belt (or canvas belt of gladiator which is better and cheaper, but requires 3k gladiator reputation). You will unlock the sackcloth belt very soon. Don't get it, it's terrible and not worth 5 gold.

When you hit lv 25 and your rank is Soldier of the First blood, you may purchase a military belt for 25 gold (45 belt capacity) or a roomy military belt for 35 reals (60 belt capacity). Many refer to the roomy military belt as the "blue belt" because it's blue quality. This is the best belt you can get for a long, long time. At any cost, get one of these belts ASAP.

Cashers should always get the blue belt. However, non-cashers are recommended to obtain the blue belt by getting reals from Day of Ruthless Fury, Garuug the Grabber (purple or yellow bag), and buying reals with gold through a clan chest. This is so important that the players have made a rule that one should not enter a sea battle without a military belt or blue belt.

The purple belt is the best belt of all...however, VERY high valor is needed to obtain it as well as a raised level cap (let's go admins!) and 60 reals.

Canvas belts (regular) go on AH for 20-30g. They are nice to have, and they can be resold when you are done.

Belt setup is also important, especially when you have a belt like the green (military belt) or blue one. Different players have different strategies on what to fill their belt slots with. What will you choose? Mana glyphs? Life glyphs? Destruction glyphs? Elixirs? Try out different strategies.
Marcus the Wise,
I'll just leave the guide as-is because you wrote the stuff out and it doesn't need to show twice. Also, a good belt setup for beginners is 1 Endurance Elixir and 4 Life Elixirs.Make sure you use endurance first as it boosts the power of the life.
Digging up.
Hey! My guide is excavated! Yay!
Marcus the Wise,

Lux the Sarcastic,

Thanks Marcus and Lux ">">">">

Really Helped
bump
up
Good to know, thanks.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.