Reps Guide

Disclaimer: This is just my take on what rep to build. Feel free to disagree and to share your comments about why or why not a certain rep.

BC: only do if you are willing to spend the reals. some of the best rewards the game has (best mounts, lock fights, etc) but you have to be okay with spending for it. if not willing to spend then just do fury day and use the transferable casket; or sell the casket (usually caskets sell for around 2g)

Gladiator and 7b: I suppose can be skipped (as can all rep) if you don't do pvp or anything but you might as well since it is easy to get, useful, and also you will doing battlegrounds to get valor.

Protectors: If nothing else get this. Helps immensely with the extra backpack (and eventually belt) space and is also going to be the majority of people's first mount.

Hunter (used to be halfblood rep. Was changed and any halfblood rep you had was converted to hunter): Completely optional in my opinion. All it is to create idols that let you summon stuff into battle. Basically beefed up mob versions of skellies. They added this when I was already a decent level. Didn't want to deal with it then and still don't. The rewards seem nice but looks like a pain to get. Your choice.

Hero: I suppose can be skipped (as can all rep) but you should get it. Helps with dealing with bcs (and yes you will be bced at one point or another) and also just in general. Also is easy to get from instances (Caves and Fort), DoT, (no dur loss) and insignia events so it is almost "free".

Vigilant Guard (or referred to as skelly): Your choice. I like it and find it useful (mount stuff, extra things in battle) but if you hardly pvp not really much reason to get it.

Corsair: Optional. I like it because after 1k you can make/use strength potions and also black marks cost silver instead of piastres and you can get the 3rd teir spells. Also you are already doing sea battles for heroism and this is a byproduct.

Adan: Everyone should get to 1k so they can get Scroll of Grace which is awesome but any beyond that is your choice.

In essence, if you are not going to be pvping or doing battlegrounds (...well...first off this might not be the game for you. Farmville might be the right one for you in that case.) all reps are optional. HOWEVER, if you are truly not going to do pvp and such....at least do professions. (A great thing to do now that we can have 10 characters on one account would be to have one character be your main and make some alts strictly for professions.)

Keep in mind that I go for any rep that can help me....which is all...except I don't do the hunter because I don't think it is worth my while to deal with since that was added/changed after I was into my other reps.

This is just my opinion. Others may disagree.

For those that disagree I welcome and would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Comments
Hero of the empire 1k=healing. Don't dismiss it...think about every time you've been cursed/hexed/baned and silently thank the thousands of 1k hero reps everywhere ;)
May be useful to mention that although bc rep is in general a spenders rep you can always get it rather easily at high levels due to no worry of xp and being able to fund the spheres with silver Just so low levels aren't discouraged thinking you have to pay for the best mounts etc.
I'll admit that BC rep is pretty hard to get (1g for only TWO bc spheres and not a 100% chance of rep) but if you have 200 successful BCs then you'll hit 1k. Start building up, I'd suggest. Hit people your level for some free valor too .

FOr non spenders this is a minimum cost of 100g but if you're lucky enough to complete the collection you get FREE REP!!!!!! (and free spheres too)
Marcus the WiseI'll admit that BC rep is pretty hard to get (1g for only TWO bc spheres and not a 100% chance of rep) but if you have 200 successful BCs then you'll hit 1k. Start building up, I'd suggest. Hit people your level for some free valor too .

FOr non spenders this is a minimum cost of 100g but if you're lucky enough to complete the collection you get FREE REP!!!!!! (and free spheres too)

Resurfacing this as promised. Seriously...we need a separate forum tab for guides -_-
Yes I am bumping an old thread. Wanted to make it up to date. Any one have thoughts on it?
Ironic123,
need to update the reps for the neph quests hun
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.