Updates

I think after the last couple of updates it's safe to say that behind the seemingly good things there will always be a negative that the wonderful admins have convieniently forgotten to mention, Such as the repair cost hike hiding behind the removal of armour damage.
Comments
Repair cost ranges now 110%-150% original cost, but no damage means value will never diminish, and gear will never will be lost, I think its fair.
Sorry about this, but I am going to rant.

The latest update is just another way of boosting those that pay cash and making it harder for those of us that don't.

1. The balance in trade is going to change a lot, it may settle back to what it is now, not sure, will have to wait and see, too many variables.

2. Will make it harder for non cashers to do PvP, if you are reasonably sensible and careful (and don't lag out), you will not die much against mobs, so most damage will be in PvP which favors cashers especially at the lower levels in the various brackets, even when my side wins I normally die.

3. Makes BCing a lot more painful to as it will cost more to repair damaged gear.

4. Before people come back and say that you will have to repair less often so it will be cheaper in the end - my experience is that most gear and jewelry is moved on fairly quickly, at least so far (I am lvl 26), this may change at higher lvls, I don't know. Again this might change depending on how trading changes.

5. I also think this will discourage players from "experimenting" - can I beat that mob 3 levels above me? or can I take on the next boss in caves? etc

6. Basically my point is I think this will discourage non-cashers in PvP. I hope I am wrong.
Benny -

Repairs are higher each time, but you also get back more durability. For example, a roomy belt went from (I think) 3g to 4g, but instead of getting back 34, 33, 32, etc. durability, you get 35 each time. 4g to get 35 durability is 11s per point of durability; 26 durability for 3g is 11s per point, so you actually get cheaper repairs than before after something like the 9th repair. So...repairs are a little worse each time, but the total price balances out over time.

Rajabi -

I couldn't disagree with your rant more.

To your first point, trade is always in flux anyways, but there will always be new players in need of gear and old players looking to unload gear. I would guess that a very small percentage of gear purchases went to replace gear that people have gotten rid of due to total wear.

Your second and third points don't make sense...battlegrounds and BCs have always damaged gear, and over-time repair costs are roughly the same, so these points are just invalid.

To your fourth point, I would argue that jewelry was one of the items that used to lose the greatest value as it took damage. The lower total durability of jewelry meant that as these items took damage, they lost a great deal of their value (versus armor which took much longer to accrue damage due to the higher durability). Now your jewelry will basically be worth the same when you sell it as when you buy it.

To your fifth and sixth...I'll just repeat again that over-time cost for repairs is pretty equivalent to what it was before, so these points just aren't valid.

If I would rant about anything, it would be that I spend 2g on my repair kit a couple weeks ago and now it is only 66s :) but all in all, I really like the update.
As Lance Corpus already pointed out - repair prices are still very close but now you do not lose the gear you have. To help the economy as newspost mentioned there will be coming more recipes to use the dust from dismantle very soon too as well as increased number of dust already available from items that can be traded.
About point two of Rajabi, while yes it might be harder to acquire money for repairs, however it is much harder to get new gear for one than it is to repair Especially when you get full durability of it now at all times, the rest about it was already answered by Lance.
Ihit,

OK so I can ask Lance to be second in charge of admin? After that since he is my clannies I can bribe him and he can give me free reals? Can?

Sorry just wanna troll a bit and disturb people. Life aint fun without that ">

Night-mare,

I don't like to repeat myself however,
One can but dream....
I agree that the increase in repairs is not so dramatic, if you were using thorough repair before. It is if you did normal or even careless. On the other hand, it used to cost eg 32s to repair something regardless if it had 0 damage or 15 damage. Now you may pay more, but for full durability.

I am not sure it will alter trade. I actually never bought the same armor twice. I only changed it when I could get better one, for higher level or better quality. And once you get to permanent valor armor, this update will seem awesome, as replacing weapons or armor costing 30g plus or round 50 reals will sound like nightmare. Now at least we only have to worry about repairs, not replacing.

I actually like this update
i like the new update :D thanks to it my gear has more value and will sell for more lol
I see that everyone that has posted after me thinks it is good, but I also note you are higher levels than me. I hope that means it will be better as I level up.

It also looks like you have all forgotten what it is like at lower levels, I will trust Lance Corpus' maths and that after the 9th repair it starts working out cheaper, but so far I have never repaired a piece of equipment more than twice or jewelry more than 4 times so I have never got to where it would even out. At lower lvls you are upgrading very quickly, either replacing through caves or drops and selling on.

I bought significantly damaged blue jewelry a lot at lower lvl because it was cheap and I knew I wouldn't have or need it for long, I wouldn't be able to do that now.

So to repeat: at low levels the repairs will be significantly more expensive and consequently players that can't afford it may start avoiding PvP as this is where most damage is done to equipment. This will favor those players that pay real money to get ahead and make it harder for those of us that don't.
I have noticed that jewellery kits are now available for low - mid levels and they are non transferable. Will the drop rates be affected for low level jewellery? I ask this because if not there seems little value to be had paying reals for a jewellery set you can acquire for less gold in ah with a little patience. Of course if drop rate for jewellery is reduced then there'd be value in buying a set.
Rajabi,

I, (maybe i can say we) never forget the low level (was fun, and if I am allowed to reroll with the money i had I will). But when an update is good.. majority will say so, and when its bad majority will say so also.

This one is good update. And I have to thanks admin. Nice one Admin
Rajabi,

I had green gear all the way up until I got to the point when I can get valor blue gear for gold. Yes, it is true that player made blue gear will cost now more. Thats possibly one downside I can think of. On the other hand, I do remember being low level player. I had leggings since level 16 till level 38. They had accumulated lot of damage, but I was still paying the same thorough price, to keep them going. Actually they had like 10-11 damage when I changed them. I did try to do caves to replace them, but no luck and did not want to pay round 8-10g to replace them. This update back then would make me very happy.
You have to realize, that gear often lasts lot of levels, like leggings can be used from lvl 12 or something like that till level 38, gloves from lvl 18 to level 42. So these can accumulate lot of damage as result. I know some of mine had like 4 damage before this update. As I carried it all the way up since my low levels.
So actually this may help some players a bit. Even lower level players.
Ageolite,

as always u are among the wise
I completely understand the reasoning behind the higher repair costs and apologies if this was seen to be the main point of my point. My main point was in fact that instead of being upfront about the fact and putting something like " taking this awesome durability update into consideration we have also increased the repair costs to reflect/compensate for it." rather than just leaving it out entirely and leaving us to discover these points all by ourselves. Another MINOR niggle of mine is that this mean that the people who purchase the Melvin and Omnimarch gear will have these pieces for almost permenantly, minus roughly 1 week of each month, which means that those who don't buy reals for this stuff can only effectively compete in that 1 week.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.