Mount advice

I've just got to level 29 and have the rep to buy the next level of mount (green spiketail) but was looking for some advice before I splash the cash. First, is it worth 20g to buy this new mount? I've noticed that for a lot of things in this game, the next level is rarely worth the money, and there are a lot of other things I could get for the money. Second, if I get the new mount will my old equipment still work?And conversely, can I put the new equipment on my old mount, and use the new level of attack?

Any and all advice welcome - thanks in advance
Comments
if u get the green mount u will have to buy the new spike ball for it which cost 10g just so u can use range weapons.... I myself do not have the green mount because it is not worth the money to spend on it....If u have grey mount the spike ball wont work for the green one.. I know some people in game who skip over the pro mounts and go for hero mounts because it is better investment I hope this helps u good luck(ny_tipple)(serpentine)
The green mount has 413 more health...that's pretty significant. You also get a little more bag space with the new mount and spots to buy a sack/saddle for more space. But...20g is a lot, so it really depends on how much you've got available to spend and if you've got better places to use the money. For me, I think I'll buy a green mount, if only for the bag space. You get an extra 2 slots for buying the mount, plus 6 more slots for 5g.

As for gear, the descriptions from all of the grey mount equipment make it sound like you could just use your old stuff on the green mount unless you'd rather buy the green. The gray spiker says "can only be used on protector mounts", so you'll have to buy a new one for your hoe mount later, but should work on your green one (along with any other mount gear from your gray mount).
Protector have increasing stats the higher up you go. I.E. physical and magic attack reduction plus higher health.
As for the armour, the armour for the mount you have CAN be used on your new one. so on and so forth up the scale. The only restriction is that you cannot use higher armour on lower mounts, though i guess thats an obvious point to make.
Mack City - thanks for the comment - seems I should save my money, especially as I won't be able to use the old spikeball
Lance corpus - I'm not that short of bag space!
BennyP - it wasn't obvious to me, so thanks for saving me the money! I was thinking of maybe just buying the bigger bag!

Anyway, I've just spent loads of cash on leveling my dragon, so it's a bit academic right now - unless anyone wants to buy some fish :)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.