some advice for new players!

I made a quick post here tonight to offer you newcomers here some advice to help you progress in game.

1. work on VALOR
Valor is an extremely important feature of the game, a feature that give you opportunities that will make you much stronger if it is built high. Also, this is a game involving a lot of PvP and PvE (player vs player, player vs environment) so it's best to get used to it and have fun!">

2. if there is an elite fight going on, that does NOT always mean they need help!
I have warned MANY players about this subject. Some of the newer players barge in elite fights (monsters with a red ring around them) that are currently in progress without any notice. I was one of them, no doubt! I thought they needed help, but most cases, they DON'T need help. So it is a good idea to refrain from barging in fights unless a call for help has been made. Some players may advance to bone-crushing if this offense has been repeated many times after multiple warnings. ALSO, do not enter the fight if they are a higher-level. They WILL NOT need ANY help with the elite!

3. Reputation IS a big thing. Work on it as often as you can
Later in this game, you will be exposed to the many different reputations this game has to offer. They have great benefits when you level them up. It can be anything from orbs and potions to skeletars, mounts, belts and bags. It is a thing to look forward to, so get the rep built up so you can check out some of that cool stuff. ">

4. Don't be too shy to ask questions!
I understand, you may be too shy to talk in chat, thinking your question isn't worth the time to ask. I've been there too "> BUT it is a good idea to ask! There are MANY kind players out here in Dragon Eternity willing to help out with any confusion in the game + there are the Guardians. A member of this clan is the first person you will likely encounter first other than fellow newer players. These players are identified with a gold shield next to their name. They are here to help answer questions (not to forget, enforce rules), so go ahead and ask questions you have about the game! Don't ever be shy about this.

5. resources!
Sometimes when you fight an enemy, you may get item drops. Anything from pots orbs and glyphs, to sparks armor and food! These items should try to be kept and used to your advantage as much as possible. You also have chests that you get to open upon reaching certain levels. Try not to sell the items that you get! You get those items to help you out as you begin your adventure here in the World of Adan, so use them well. You will get sparks sometimes as a drop from monsters. These will be used to upgrade the power of your spells. Try not to sell the sparks!!

6. Get some reading done!
Take the time to review the F.A.Q, Beginner's guide, and the RULES (yes, I mentioned rules!). I promise that it will help to answer a few of your questions that you may have at the beginning of the game. I still tend to go over there and take a look at them every now and then to refresh my memory. Plus, if you review and follow the game rules here, it will make your experience here a LOT easier! The Guardians here watch over the rules. If you are spotted violating rules, you could possibly get silenced. "> It isn't fun to be muzzled while playing the game, trust me.

7. Know when to stall!
Stalling can be helpful for some cases, and not good for others. In the battlefields like AoH (arena of honor) or 7b (7 bridges of Shadan), it won't do much and can annoy the person on the other side. "> But in Duel of Truth, this can give you more time to get help.

8.)BC'ing is a part of the game!
some people can become hurt from getting bonecrushed, but it is a feature of the game. It happens to all of us!

If you think that there is something missing in this page, comment below and I'll do my best to put it up for you.
Comments
I love this Sapphy, and I think its great that you like to help your fellow warriors. You are a truly amazing person. ">
good post thnx
Made a guide that got buried but it is called Beginning Guide Vol. II . Worth the time... you have to search it as forum is a xenophobe and thinks it is external...
Nice Post Sapphy .. Hope alot of new comers go through this post..
I wish u mentioned that being bc'ed is a part of the game too
XXI,
Ok, it's been put up Ty
um stalling helps alot in pvp sometimes exp. a weak player stalls a strong player so our team can kill all but the strong player then we all gang up on the strong one just fyi
Murmurum stalling helps alot in pvp sometimes exp. a weak player stalls a strong player so our team can kill all but the strong player then we all gang up on the strong one just fyi

...but sometimes it is a bad strategy and causes u to lose valor. The trick is to know when to stall and when not to (hint - never in tourney).
WOOOOW sapphy this is just amazing how many newcomers are gonna look at this and become better at the game!!
Good post, Sapphy. However, I disagree that stalling does not do much in PvP - in DofT or if you're waiting on friends to jump in and lend a hand in a PvP battle, you may NEED to stall in order to survive to receive their help. Otherwise, AWESOME guide to the newbies. Thank you, Ma'am!

how do you start or get into a clan">">
Joker in the Deck,
ty for the specification on stalling. It has been posted
Cold_soul_killer,
since there isn't a lot of room left, i'll explain here. To get in a clan, you must first check out the Clan Square in forums. There you will find many posts from different clans that are willing to recruit. Contact their leaders in game and see if they will accept you. If they decide to let you in, it will cost you 1 gold to join.
just plain stupidMurmurum stalling helps alot in pvp sometimes exp. a weak player stalls a strong player so our team can kill all but the strong player then we all gang up on the strong one just fyi

...but sometimes it is a bad strategy and causes u to lose valor. The trick is to know when to stall and when not to (hint - never in tourney).

agreed its all circumstantial thats why i said sometimes ">
reviving this player guide for the sake of the many.
bump
awesome wish i would of seen something like this when i 1st started
Few beginners have asked me some guidance about the game. I just thought of adding to this post, based on my experience with this game. Below you will find some information that may help you, specifically, to set your expectations about this game. Some of these info are already available elsewhere.
1. There are many useful guide/info posted by various players over a period of time in the Forum. However, if you are expecting a search button to find something, there is no such thing yet. Keep browsing over several pages of info in the Forum and if you are lucky, you will find some post which may be of some help to you.
2. There are 3 types of magic within a school of magic. The first two, trun based magic and poison spell (dot spell) will be available to you very early in the game. The third type of magic, Corsair magic or sea battle based magic will be available to you at exp lvl 22 and you can learn this magic only by participating in sea battles. If you don’t participate in sea battle, you will not get this 3rd type of magic.
3. Everyone in this game die (rather frequently). You will die, if you lose a fight to a monster and if you lose a fight in PvP. While fighting, if you encounter “connecting to server” problem, you will die (if u r idle for 3 turns). This is common where all your armor/weapon will incur damage. Don’t complain, learn to adapt. You need to clear your browser cache, ensure you have latest flash, clear cookies and browsing history, have good internet connection, etc. The game is mostly working fine and you need to check for problems at your end.
4. Every class (witcher, paly, zerk) has its own advantage and disadvantage. If you are losing a fight most of the time, it is not because of your class, but because of your armor/weapon (collectively gear). The higher the quality of your gear, the better you do in battle.
5. Try to have your weaker class jewelry (rings, ear rings, bracelet, charm) until you get heroism based regalia. This will give a balanced stat, however some players have a different view on this. This tip is based on my own experience. So, try different combinations as you like.
6. Weaker class means – Paly is weaker to zerk, zerk is weaker to witcher and witcher is weaker to paly (while having same quality of gear and buffs). You can boost your stat with balms, food, temple buffs and other buffs. At least, try with balms and food (of your weaker class) and see how you perform in a pvp.
7. Marks are very important. Try to have at least few of them while you are leveling up.
8. Do not buy Death Tome. It is just waste of gold.
9. Do not waste your gold in buying stuff without planning. Plan and strategize from the beginning. You will need lots of gold to buy mount, potions, skeletons, etc. as you level up.
10. Train your dragon while doing protector/exp protector/7b ghost fighting, etc.. Do not waste your reals in buying the artifact “Elixir of Dragon Mastery” to instantly boost dragon training points. It is just waste.
11. Do not complain about not having enough reals. Game provides you reals over a period of time to buy the most important thing, rune stone, roomy military belt and vigilant guard fiolar (after 7k vg rep and above). If your friend is having purple gear, don’t complain, rather you also spend cash or wait for a long time so that someone in your clan help you with reals. Garuug, every 5th day bonus for daily login, fury event, daily Hours of Prosperity quest (HoP, after lvl 16) will give you in-game reals. Plan accordingly.
12. The more time you spend in this game, the more stronger you will become in terms of reps and valor.
13. Always participate in Duel of Truth event to boost your valor. This is one of the events, where there is no gear damage, valor is fully given even if you lose (other pvp battle will give you one third valor if you lose)
14. Melvin the merchant and other hex/bane shop has default value set to max (meaning, charm of durability is set to 25, where you spend 12.5 reals to buy). Be careful and read before you click any button. If you make a mistake, there is no undo button. Similar to when you play chess or any other turn based game, if your turn is complete, it is COMPLETE. No undo. Be careful.
15. Try to participate in “Shaab Event” whenever it is happening and reach 1k Adan rep. You can buy “Insignia of Grace” for 15 Spark of Abyss. This will help you get additional % of heroism (while doing sea battle or clan war fights), extra % of valor (in pvp fights) and extra % of exp (in all fights, including profession based exp)
16. To increase your exp lvl quickly, use “Star of discovery”. You can buy this from Auction House, if someone put it up for sale or create one using jewelry profession.
17. To make more gold, do HoP regularly (quest available from your square after reaching lvl 16 every 24 hours), take up a profession and sell goods through Auction house.
18. Remember, this game requires lot of your time and patience to build your character (exp lvl, reps, valor, heroism, etc.). Even if you spend cash and purchase reals, you need to spend a good amount of time playing this game.
19. Apart from playing the game, spend enough time in reading the various rules (chat rules, trade rules, etc.) and understand them. If you don’t read/understand the rules and do something that violates the rules, you will be punished. You not reading the rule, is not an excuse.
20. The game has bugs. Learn to adapt. Posting in forums, venting out in in-game chat may be a temporary stress-reliever. Do not expect a fix overnight. Some may get fixed and some may not.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.