Photo-story contest - A Perfect Summer

People of the world of Dragon Eternity!

Autumn comes in a few days to paint the city streets golden. But there's no reason to be sad in autumn! This is a perfect opportunity to share stories and pictures of how well you've spent this summer with all your friends!

The Dragon Eternity team invites all players to take part in an amazing photo-story contest - "A Perfect Summer"!

Contest Rules:

1. From August, 30th to September, 9th, tell your story about what you've remembered most of this summer. This could be a story about a vacation in an exotic country or maybe some interesting acquaintances you've made... virtually about everything you would like to share! The story should not exceed 4000 characters (with spaces = 1 forum message).

2. Add photos to your story, as they would make it more memorable! No more than 3 photos are allowed for each story.

3. We expect only 1 work from 1 participant and will get no more than that.

Prizes:

1st place - 30 gold coins;

2nd place - 20 gold coins;

3rd place - 10 gold coins.

We are waiting for your stories!

Comments
It was august the 24th and i was having a lie in, after all it is the summer holidays ^^. Then a noise filled my room, a slight rustling under my bed...what was it? I ignored it and started reading but it kept on rustling. thinking it was a mouse i continued reading but then the rustling was too loud to be a mouse... I managed the courage to look under my bed and then my heart lurched .........and it was just my brother,just 9 years in age, who just tried to scare me. almost worked as well. unfortunately i have no photos (how could I?!) but it was a morning to remember.
At the end of ramadan (Muslim festival) me my brother sister and dad went to a cousins house in portsmouth yes my cousin plays this game his name is epicness123 so me and him have alot in common mainly because wer both insane ">"> and yh we had a hell of a time i almost made him faint within laughter and yh we made some cool youtube videos we hung out in town and at the end of the day wen we had to leave i managed to sneak out and scare my brother he fainted no one rly cared so my sister started jabbing him with a stick.also b4 my cuzz's house we went to the beach we wer in the water for so long we all shirvelled up like prunes. very funny day and definitely one to remeber!!
"So are you going?" inquired Matt. "Of course I am, I wouldn't miss it for the world" as I tried to reassure my friend. This story starts out back in February. I was asked to be in the grooms party of a wedding for late summer. My friend Matt, who also has a bi-polar disorder, was getting married to the woman of his dreams. He was excited and told me he wanted 2 best mans but had to choose one. From the surprise of even being asked I was willing to accept whatever invite he had given me. A few months pass and we are talking about what are we going to do when I get home before he losed his "freedom." We decided to drive down to Mission Beach, San Diego and appreciate the beauty of the ocean as well as the "beauty" of the people in it. Only after a few days, we find out that the best man for the wedding has decided not to go because he does not like Matt's Fiance. He said it was ok when they were dating, but wrong for them to get married. Personally, other than some questionable things about their relationship, there was nothing wrong with it at all. I was expecting to be upgraded to best man and was nervous because I did not know what to do nor thought I could handle that responsibility. In the end, Matt's cousin who didn't even want to go to the wedding was forced to be his best man. At the wedding, we all stood in a row as Matt came through the doors and his Fiance walked down the stairs in radiant beauty. I was proud to see Matt as happy as can be. Before leaving, I joined the dance circle and did some crazy dances to entertain the guests, and Matt was bawling on the floor. One last drink and I bid farewell to my friend Matt. Now school has started and my friend Matt has 3 snakes he keeps telling me about and I cannot wait until Thanksgiving to visit my friend and his wife and his snakes (who are expecting babies by december).
[IMG id="7926"]

-This summer was a rather memorable one for me for many reasons

I remember nice long drives down many natural areas with no houses to be spotted (coming from a gal that loves the outdoors) with only the overview of the oaks and prairies, a great visit to good ol' San Francisco to relax by the beach (also to say hi to the sea lions) and to see some very cool sites! Some of my favourite times there had to be my visit to PigeonPoint lighthouse (around evening time, for the beautiful sunset), the Japanese tea gardens (both highly recommended to visit) and then another time over the summer when I gave a visit to Pyramid lake which was rather close LA (the picture near the top is a pic of the lake. Just to show what it looks like if you haven't visited ). The view was amazing when we were driving over by its edge, and overviewing some of the other boaters. After that, we had to continue on our way to LA to get ready for some gigs. Later this summer, I was invited to go Go-karting with a few of my buddies! SO much fun that day... Then that was when i discovered my inner speed demon "> and i consider it an accomplishment that i only rammed into a wall once out of nearly 20 laps on a somewhat confusing course "> This summer was full of surprises, twists and turns, and not to forget many new friends I have made over this time. Although I am not sad about summer becoming autumn... I am actually looking forward to it... For currently I am planning for next summer when I'll be traveling out of the country to some amazing places TBD. This summer has been great this year... and there will be many more memories and experiences in the ones soon to follow! ">
This summer I want to Washington D.C and Europe (Budapest, Vienna and Prague). I saw some pretty awesome stuff! Like the Washington Monument (couldn't go in. stupid earthquake!) And I went to the zoo and saw the pandas... And the Botanical Gardens! I didn't want to go to the latter but when I saw the carnivorous plant exhibit... well I grow them... and couldn't resist. "> Going to Europe was my first time on an airplane... it was awesome until our flight was four hours late. "> So Budapest was cut a day short. In Vienna all I did was eat... should have done some other stuff but it was SO good!"> In Prague I saw the Astronomical Clock and had gelato next to it when it was striking the hour. So... I flew back home and watched anime and played video games (Anticlimactic ending I know) . It was a summer to remember! And.... I am too stupid to put pictures on this thing! So that was my summer....
-Lux"> (Btw just look up astronomical clock on an image search and that is what I saw in Prague)
[IMG id="7932"]
The summer was a very memorable one for many reasons but the one I choose to recount here is my trip to a farm. I have visited the venue lots of times before and always have a great time, my last trip was no exception. Before I explain specifically what made the morning out so special I will explain some of the especially fun parts of my previous visits. Normally the chickens at the farm are totally irresponsive to me but at one previous visit I saw a very excitable bird who even responded to me as if it were a dog or some other domestic pet. I was truly shocked but very happy and promptly christened the chicken “friendly chicken.” Also at another past visit, I attempted to stroke a llama, also normally prone to ignoring me, and to my amazement it began to breathe all over my face and nose, a rather peculiar feeling! Now to the purpose of this story. I entered the goat enclosure with the intention of feeding them but before I could do anyone one of them jumped up and knocked me hard in the groin with its hoof. I fell to the ground and all the others bundled atop me, wildly scrambling for the food bucket. I called out for help, but my companion merely laughed and said “You have terrible goat management skills.” Eventually we left the farm after a truly enjoyable trip. I had a very fun and enjoyable summer and look forward to autumn and Christmas.
[IMG id="7938"]
My dad and I went to Australia this summer. We dived the Great Barrier Reef and the coral was huge, colorful and beautiful. The crew on the boat was really friendly and the food was absolutely delicious! lol! The Ulysses butterfly was my favorite at the aviary but it's difficult to get a good pic. We went zip-lining - I was high up and zipped really fast like an air dragon flying through the trees. :D We got lucky and saw an Estuary on the side of the road but it disappeared into the forest. We saw kangaroos of all sorts of sizes at the zoo and one of them had really long eyelashes like a supermodel. That was the most beautiful little kangaroo in the world. ;)
[IMG id="7939"]
Sydney was more fun than Disneyland! lol! My dad likes the signs that say Give Way and Way Out and says they're good and simple. They have great fireworks at the harbor and I've never been that close before and lots of different good food. The bike tour around the Royal Park and the Opera House was the best and our guide taught me a lot and made me laugh about the old man on his horse riding out of nowhere and cut the ribbon for the new bridge instead of the mayor! That old man had a good mount. lol! We saw Fort Dennington that shoots a cannon every noon - it's a little fort that's in the middle of the river near Russel Crowe's house. The Opera House looks like it's made of a bunch of shark fins. :P I couldn't get any sleep on the plane because there was a baby that was always crying. :/ lol! But I really love Australia. :D
[IMG id="7940"]
Well my summer was an excellent one, for those of us who love an enjoy summer. I live in canada. So i have found this amzing new game on facebook called WarCommander. I have met a lot of friend's on there. I think my summer was the greatest when i seen how many people on a video game appreciate fallen comrades. We had two fellow gamers pass away this week, an of all thing's it brought tears of peace an joy to see so many gamers on that game stop an pay there respects to those great guys. That was the most amazing moment an greatest summer to date. When a community pulls together an gathers as one. that was the greatest feeling ever, peace.they are gone but never forgotten an they were excellent friend's an gamers. i would not change this summer for the world. sorry no pic just tears of joy an peace thank you.
[IMG id="7954"]
this is the cover of the book I sent out for printing. Which was put out in spring... what makes it memorable is everyone I know has order this book. Friends, family and even the 3 english teachers that I failed a semester in high school. Who were very quiet frank very surprised at the news... so the news of my book spread even more to teachers in other grades and to their students... and now they use it as a measure stick to other students they teach... that this I was a near failure in school... plus I get my very hansom royalties check of 25% of all sales 24 hours after I post this.
my summer started out sort of glum. I wasn't going to see some friends for three months. (though, I was perfectly fine without school). after a couple of weeks, I went to a church summer camp in Rock Springs TX. it was a huge hit, and very spiritual for a lot of us. I entered an archery competition, which i was completely slaughtered at, haha. I spent a lot of time with friends and family. I even met some family that I had actually never met before (: it was great... but I have to say, the absolutely best stinking part of my whole summer was just last weekend. I went out with a friend of mine to his deer lease. we rode four wheelers for 6 hours straight, and shot some clay pigeons out of the air. we got back and we were so exhausted, he fell asleep standing up... haha of course, he fell on his face after ten seconds. but hey, that is a whole other story. thanks for creating a great game. I love it.
I bought this gun and it was terrible.

[IMG id="7960"]

So then I bought another one.

[IMG id="7961"]

Then,I bought a Real Gun.

[IMG id="7962"]

That is what I remember about this summer
This summer started out much the same as any other, kids sorting out what they wanted to do, where to go and how much money they could get out of mum to take with them lol. With all the kids packed and sorted and thier chosen summer camp picked we were off. Drove them to Creswell Craggs to enjoy thier days of the summer (glad the sun stayed out for them). The trip home was soo quiet and peaceful it was not normal, what would i do to keep myself busy all summer? At home it was so quiet i didnt know what to do with myself so i decided to go to the dojo and work on my moves, it was then i was told i was entered into the European Championships . little me going up against the best in Europe how could i do that, i wasnt ready or prepared for a Championship competition but i trained my little butt off and went along, there must have been over 1000 competitors in all different categorys and the look on the judges faces were so stern. Waiting my turn to show of my moves was so nervewracking, the mats were huge, i looked lost stood in the middle of the room, anyhow i walked on, bowed to the judges and gave it my best shot. Awaiting the decission from the judges took forever, i had no idea that i would even come close as everyone was so good but low and behold i got second place, supprised and dumbfounded i got up onto the stands and was given my silver medal. A summer to remember Second place in Europe

[IMG id="7980"]
Hello everyone:)

This summer for the first time I visited an exhibition of dragons. My girlfriend and I were on vacation and during a walk, after the beach, we saw a strange place full with boxes with dragons. Do not believe it? - see for yourself then.
[IMG id="7984"]
This is the Earth dragon. I recognized it immediately, all the time he dug something in the box .. also he is green:)
[IMG id="7985"]
This is the Chaos dragon. He didn't stood in one place and even supposedly is able to change his color..and when I saw him, he was nearly purple.
[IMG id="7986"]
This is for sure is the Order dragon. Now you will say that it's not even a dragon, just ordinary snake. Wrong, wrong:) Everything in his box was ordered, including him. He just stood there and was doing nothing.
Actually these pictures are from exhibition of reptiles which I visited this summer. Was funny, interesting and even a little frightening .. but who is not afraid of dragons
Summer of Restoration
The phone rang and the secretary forwarded it to me. She said, “The man asked to speak to the owner.” I hadn’t gotten that call in 4 years. I knew who it had to be and sure enough it was he. “Hi son, are you still talking to me?” I could hear the crackle in his voice and new something was wrong. “Yes Dad, I have never stopped talking to you, it was you who quit talking to me.” “Is everything okay?”
He tells me the story of how he is getting a divorce and all the details that go with a messy divorce. Now he finds himself in need of a place to call home. Guardedly, I invite him into my home. Years of quiet rejection had taken its toll.
Weeks pass by and my dad has settled into his new routine. He’s a tinkerer. The lawn equipment has been taken apart, cleaned and put back together. An electric motor is his latest project. Learning about the “how-to’s” and “what-for’s” has been a path of reconciliation for us.
It’s 2:00 a.m. and I am playing Dragon Eternity when I should be sound asleep. Some good people I’ve met wanted to go into the caves to slay the dragon. As we are making our way through the ghosts to attack this beast, I hear a noise. I think it’s my newfound roommate tinkering with his homemade electric motor. With the monotone whirring of a motor turning in the background I continue to play this addictive game with my fellow gamers. A few more minutes pass and we’ve dispatched another round of ghosts and I hear a loud POP. My mind tells me, “there he goes again; he just blew up his home made capacitor yet another time.” Oh well, back to the game. A few more minutes pass and I don’t hear anything and I begin to get concerned. “BRB” I type to the team between battles. I check the workshop. No sign of Dad, I turn the light on to the garage, it’s pitch black. “That must have been the pop sound, the lights don’t work,” I think to myself. As I open the door to the garage, I see this black smoke come billowing in. Instantly I’m accosted with a putrid odor, it’s the odor of something burning. “FIRE!!!” I yell, “FIRE!!!” Dad says from a deep sleep: “Fire?!?” I rush to shut off the computer, hastily typing “gotta go, house fire” to my teammates. I grab the phone while exiting the house and call 9-1-1. The firemen show up shortly.
Thankfully the fire, caused by an electric hedge trimmer I left plugged in, was small and contained to the garage. The POP was likely the rubber tire on a trailer blowing out and melting while filling the garage with the distinct odor of burning rubber. How fortunate I am that I was up and playing this addictive game.
As I look at the remnants of destroyed items and soot covered walls, I think of what it will take to repair the damage. But most of it will be repaired easily enough since the majority of the damage is superficial. Yet there are some things that can’t be replaced. Once they are gone they are gone forever.
I can’t help but note the parallel of a damaged relationship harmed by the irreparable damage of time lost, to the loss of items consumed by fire. Obviously there is no retrieving that which has been lost, but there is hope for restoration.
[IMG id="7997"]
Go figure i posted this in the wrong place :P draccus31
The perfect summer begins just like mine, on the last day of school. No, I'm not a student. I'm a teacher and that day begins a glorious 75 days that I can do with as I please. This year's summer was even better than most, because the time allowed me to play DE all day, and I did. It gave me tons of time to level, meet new people, and basically enjoy myself. Then, came the fun filled road trip in a car packed with kids and pets. We drove through 16 states on our way to a two week vacation in a rustic cottage by the ocean. Beautiful weather, warm waters, great food, and lots of family created a perfect rest and relaxation time before another road trip west for a family wedding. We stopped for 2 days in beautiful Quebec City, Canada where incredible food and amazing sightseeing tours were capped off by a FREE outdoor performance by Cirque du Soleil; this alone was worth the entire cost of the vacation. Next, it was on to the wedding. This was not your usual wedding; water sports all day on the riverfront property followed by a short but perfect ceremony at the water's edge and then up the hill for steak and lobster was made even better because instead of stuffy dress up clothes, we all wore swimsuits and flip-flops all day and refilled our drinks from a canoe filled with adult beverages. A quick trip south brought us back home with two weeks to spare before school began. Friends came in droves and we enjoyed lazy afternoons by the pool sipping margaritas and not worrying about tomorrow. The only thing that could have made this summer any better was for it to never end. Now that school has started again, my days are taken up with work and students and I have little time to do the things I want to do, especially playing DE, but when the day seems unbearable it helps to think back on such a perfect summer and look forward to the start of the next one. I was planning to add some pics, but don't see a way to do that- if I figure it out, I will add them later. :) cheers, hope your summer was as good as mine.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.