General discussion on Sea Battles

Phase one: Killing the different pirate NPC's

1) NPC level depends on level of a player who attacked it first (further will mentioned as battle level)
2) Boarding Masters , Sea Wolves in case of intervention (from other players or dragon) will call for help , Defenders of Fort wont call for help - they are weak and lonely women.
3) If my level is higher than the battle level - i will get less drops (but killing npc's is easier), if my level is lower - i will get more drops, but they will hit me really hard.
4) Defenders of Fort - weakest of npc's (for people with green equipment without food/balm/altar buff or mount), Masters of Boarding - medium difficulty npc's (for people with green-blue equipment), Sea Wolves - hardest ones to beat (for warriors in blue with buffs/food/balms or blue-purple equipment)
5) How smart are npc's are determined at start of fight, it's always Medium of two elements (if you use wrong school of magic npc gets stronger) plus random ability (knife throw, boomerang, chain blow etc.).

- Level 22 player who will join a fight of level 50 player, will summon a npc of level 50 to appear which one is hard to kill but
will reward with much higher chance of drop
- Level 50 player who will join a fight of level 22 player, will summon a npc of level 22 to appear which one is easy to kill but
will reward with very small chance of drop

Don't overestimate yourselves and choose a groups of similar levels when fighting them. The more pirate gold you earn in phase one the more 'pirate gold' you get after finishing the battleground. We will make this a alternative currency to exchange for different rewards in near future.

Phase two: Fight between ships

Cannoneer - shoots one of three 'zones' of enemy ship, defender - defends one of these 3 zones of ship, deck hand - takes out the fire, reducing damage done to ship and increasing your chances of winning this way. Each Cannon Ball will add injuries that will weaken characters for last phase, losing team in this phase receives 7 injuries each for duration of last phase. Captain is the one who coordinates ship battle.

Phase three: Preparation for boarding attack

2 minutes to restock your belts

Phase four: Boarding attack

Both faction teams will battle each other, everyone's stats increased to level 50 stats. Buff works similar to Supremacy Elixirs for clans. Skeletars gets their levels improved depending on level of user. Heroism is rewarded only to winners.
Comments
Thanks for posting this, slightly better understanding but I guess we'll have to try it to find out exactly how it works ;)
I have 2 questions.
1) For those who decide to join as a member of a 9 person crew, ahead lie four stages of a harrowing journey: - How is it decided which 9 people take part?
2) How often do the battles occur? (maybe that's stated somewhere and I missed it)
1) Will let you know later
2) Every two hours as stated in news post.
I would like more information about the drops from these pirates...lol
That pirate gold - you will be able to exchange them for different regalia and jewelry very soon.
I would like to say that a combat chat would be greatly helpful...lol
More detailed info available here: http://dragoneternity.com/library/sea_battles/

Also about question how are people chosen for Sea Battle if more than 9 from each side queues. For most part it's random however if there are enough people to form another 9 versus 9 battle it will start with those brave warriors. So if 18 players join the queue on both sides there will be two Sea Battles that will start at same time.
The amount of people needed to participate in these battles needs to be reduced seeing as a majority of the time none of these battles go through.
Maybe as an alternative to reducing the number of players required you could increase valor gained by both the winners and the losers , this might give people a bit more of an incentive to join. When it was first introduced plenty of people were joining but not so much anymore.
There are several rewards coming in very close future for sea battles , as well as possibility of daily quest. So even if you don't want to go for regalias it will be worthwhile to level up your heroism and participate in Sea Battles. As far as I've noticed you should talk to your valor friends to join battleground as there's enough of sadar joining for battles to start.

Edit: With latest updates if not enough players are queued replicants will help out in battles. Each team can have maximum of 4 replicants. They wont participate in first part (but they do not take part of gathered pirated gold either at end of battleground). They are randomly copied of 4 of teams players. In phase two replicants will take place in attacking enemy ship and defending your own vessel roles.
what happens if one ship get destroyed in canon shot-out
">">
So is it random which players get replicated? cuz I was in a seabattle against KRUG, plus 3 copies of him. that is not a fair fight by any means.
kokamaruSo is it random which players get replicated? cuz I was in a seabattle against KRUG, plus 3 copies of him. that is not a fair fight by any means.

Only captains get replicated.
i think its better to get the lowest level to be replicated..or.. its no point and only make me scared to come.. i already scared to fight 3 krug..lol
Where can we spend piastres? I'm unable to find anything in the shop - does that simply mean I don't have enough? How do we buy keys for pirate chests?
CiroccoWhere can we spend piastres? I'm unable to find anything in the shop - does that simply mean I don't have enough? How do we buy keys for pirate chests?

Valor harbour/Port of Sadar
The lvl 50 replicants are just too much for low level guys participating in Sea Battles...wud appreciate if it is looked into if they can be made more balanced...(black_beer)
Update next week will enable lower lvl players to gain more exp/valor/heroism from unbalanced fights such as in clan wars/sea battle/clan banner fights
wow this is awesome cant wait till i reach lvl 22!
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.