Clan Level 2 -- what's the cost?

Since the announcement of level 2 clan availability all the clan members have been pouring time and money into attaining a level 2 clan. As my own clan has not yet reached the requirements, but are very close, i decided to hit up a couple friends about the benefits of a level 2 clan. Here's what i found out, a please remember that the developers have mentioned that the monthly clan dues are to "balance the economy."

When you clan reaches level 2 you have access to a Clan Hall, a clan chest, a table which increases membership by 10, a clan shop where spells can be purchased that will increase valor, experience, professions production and professions item yield.

Clan Hall is free and serves as a storage location for everything as well as a hidey hole for players in case of a war.
Table which increases membership by 10 costs 50 reals.
The chest which allows for clan item storage is 100 gold.
The Altar which is where you can get the spells to increase profession productivity and valor/experience is 25 gold.
The Spells which buff profession productivity and valor/experience are 50 gold per spell to unlock after you have purchased the altar. The are 3 spells available.

so if i do simple math that's 275 gold and 50 reals to achieve maximum benefit for a level 2 clan. I know every clan will not be able to afford doing all of these and they are not mandatory but it does make me ask, how exactly is the monthly clan dues of 10 gold per month acting to "balance the economy" as the developers state. It seems that with the cost of the lvl 2 clan items (and i'm sure more and even higher costs for each subsequent clan level) how exactly are the clan dues balancing the economy when members will have to scrape together everything they can to actually benefit from a lvl 2 clan.

If I have missed anything, please let me know as I am getting this information second hand.

Comments
wow. moderators please tell me this is not true.
So firstly, I think these charges are INSANELY high. But secondly, I wonder how the split of the costs works. Take the spells for example, I'm going to assume that once paid for, the whole clan gets the benefits. Now, I myself, do not wish to gain any more experience. So should I be expected to pay towards something I don't want? Well that doesn't seem fair. It also doesn't seem fair for me to get the extra benefit whilst other people have paid for it. Is there a way that those who want the benefit pay for it and are the only ones to get it? Or is the whole clan going to get something that they may not want just because other people do want it?

I am curious, is this another thing, the poor leader has to collect the money from the players and then go pay out of his own pocket for it? Or is there a nice vault system that all members can contribute to as they can want to.
Sir TruckulaI am curious, is this another thing, the poor leader has to collect the money from the players and then go pay out of his own pocket for it? Or is there a nice vault system that all members can contribute to as they can want to.

Yes, once again the vault would be of great help to collect the now MASSIVE amounts of gold the clan members need to get to unlock those features. I am really wondering how those 50 reals are going to be paid? Once again, the leader does it...and this time out of his/her own pocket? Really?

Will it be possible for muliple members to pay this cost in reals directly or will they have to get reals, transform them into gold and them give it to the leader? Even if this is the way to go, ONE PERSON pays 50$ out of his pocket for all members to benefit.

Lets say we unlock the clan storage at 100 gold and 15 out of 30 players pay for it. Will the other members get FREE access to it then?
Seems very unfair to me in this regard. You guys are asking the players able to pay in gold and/or reals to basically contribute to a major % of the clan features. I agree and accept totally that some players can't (students for examle) or won't (based on personal views) buy reals but within a clan concept it seems a little unbalanced.

*repeats*
...and once again, we need a vault to help with the storage of all that Fort Knox quantity in gold now required to operate a clan.

My tiny 2 cents on this.

Its all a money grab

Wheres the high end content? In spending money, real money.
they are just trying to rip us off, guys; no need to act that we haven't seen this coming, or that we didn't know that they were doing this already and yet, we are still playing ;) . and let me tell you something; they will keep at it as much as they can, why else would they develop the game?

be good and have a nice day :)
I don't see me playing this game much longer. This is getting out of hand! All this money and the server is still crap! Where does the money go besides someones pocket?!?!?!
Firstly, i would also like you guys to realize that 4 silv drops arent' paying me attention as closely as I should be cared for . Secondly when you ask if there's so much gold in my pockets anyway, can I say that I couldnt' seem to find anything to buy that I would have wanted? And lastly shouldnt' there be more drops and items for sale was what I said. ">.

">. A tavern chat. ">. A singles chat. ">. A scholar's chat. ">. A broadcast. ">. A funny feature. . More colleseum battles. ">. A religion. ">. A healer and a healing guild.

You can have these things too. And of course let us buy the beer. ">
LOL and 50 reeels to change your name? you kidding me? yes this game is all about draining our pockets. On that note I think I may work on creating one and competing. bahahahhahaah. Anyone interested?? They keep this unbalanncedness so they make money. Havnt you guys realized this yet? Will they be happy once they get 1000 bucks out of everyone? I think not. Greeedy
thats crazy o.0
.... no clan forums.... overpriced (especially sense I am my clans leader) money grab..... currently our clan has teens gold to it's name... I know because that is ALL the money I have... I really hate to have to tax my clan to get some of these benefits my clan has been working their asses off to lvl the clan for... AND 50 REALS! seriously... I would not have 50 reals if I've never spent one during the entirety of the game... it is starting to seem this very cool game is about two shakes from becoming another FB failure... even if it is not a FB sub-game........ I just want to ">
I agree it is outragous
Note: The opinion below represents my personal view, not that of the game or it's staff.

Dear complainers,

All these features are not there to skin you, or scheme you. No prices have been raised.

These are extra features that you can buy to improve your gameplay, or not buy, and enjoy the game as you enjoyed it until now. No-one is forcing you to buy them.

Lady Sin,

If you do not agree for some to contribute, and a lot of others to not do so, then kick the ones who don't contribute from the clan. All members should pull their weight.

Revelations69,

don't change it, if you don't want to. It's not a feature imposed on you.

zalex101001,

Make a clan forum, no-one is stopping you.
Irish......how do we collect reals from clan members that are willing to contribute to purchasing the table so we can have 10 extra members?
JimmyJamm,

You don't, not in game anyway. That you pay yourselves, as a clan leaders, if you want to have. Bigger clan makes it easyer to receive the clan bonus, and therefore get the clan leader awards.
Irish, is there any chance of implementing a way to transfer reals? it might increase profits for developers while easing strain on clans and even individuals if there were a way to trade reals as well as gold. in high likely-hood more people would spend those reals if they could buy them 2 or 3 at a time and transfer to clan leader to get the table, which in turn puts more players into the game that suddenly see a mountain of gold they need to come up with, and boom! they might buy some more to offset that mountain.
i know, i just made somebody richer that wasn't me with this idea, but im here to help :)

IrishNote: The opinion below represents my personal view, not that of the game or it's staff.

Dear complainers,

zalex101001,

Make a clan forum, no-one is stopping you.

Make my own... "> where would I make it... under tavern section or clan square... also how would I keep it private... the stuff to be put in there would include who we have on our hit list, war stratagems, current clan resources, and the like... it would be impossible for me and my clan to keep our secrets PRIVATE in a public forum...
zalex101001,

There are many free forum websites where you can 'create' your own forum no-one is stopping you to do so. Little search is all you need to find all of the free options of creating private forums for your clan.
... all we have is FB but I was thinking of a clan forum section on the DE sight...
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.