Balance

This might seem a bit technical but there is an issue concerning balance that is obvious to me. But correct me if I'm wrong, as everyone makes mistakes. It's about spells in general;

-Let's go with the first degree analysis-

Berzerkers have higher intuition - making them more likely to crit with their attacks (melee and spell) than other characters
Witchers have higher will - making them more likely to mitigate incoming damage (melee and spell) by (25, 50 or 75)%
Paladins have higher stamina - making them more likely to block incoming damage (melee only).

Here we find the paladin at a clear disadvantage.

-Second degree analysis-

Berzerkers have more intuition to suppress their opponent's stamina, reducing their chances to block (melee only)
Witchers have more will to suppress their opponent's intuition, reducing their chances to crit (melee and spells)
Paladin have more stamina to suppress their opponent's will, reducing their chances to mitigate by (25, 50, 75)% (melee and spell)

Here we could think the Berzerker is at a disadvantage, but knowing that they have the fire damage-over-time spell "Fire Chains", they can get through what could have been a terrible burst of damage with flying colors. If balance issues can be compensated with strategy, then they are not balance issues, right? So the Berzerker is fine. Nothing to say with the second degree analysis.

-Conclusion-
The paladin's major stat does not affect neither incoming or outcoming damage in the first degree analysis and therefore there is unbalance in the world of spells in Adan.

-Thoughts on the resolution of the problem-

-Stamina could influence positively the rate of occurence of the "Absorption" mechanic.
-Paladins could have an inherent capacity to absorb magic. (But not depending on stamina)
-Paladin spells could be made slightly stronger to compensate.
-Etc.

I'd appreciate any input, whether it is to suggest another idea to solve the problem, or anything related to the matter.

I don't need to say that I enjoy the game as is, as you already know ">

Keep up the good work!
Comments
it is probley a balance thing like paladins>Witchers>Berzerkers>Paladins
Paladins all ready have an advantage that they have a higher blocking percentage than witcher or beserkers. Paladins focus on stamina wich gives them a higher blocking percentage for both meele and spells as you pointed out. Wich means that witchers have a disadvantage when faceing Paladins as its hard to land a blow or magic attack on someone who keeps blocking you. This is my personal experiance in AoH. Not saying witchers can't beat Paladins but the blocking of critical hit and magic attacks are higher in my experiance.
ZhiePaladins all ready have an advantage that they have a higher blocking percentage than witcher or beserkers. Paladins focus on stamina wich gives them a higher blocking percentage for both meele and spells as you pointed out. Wich means that witchers have a disadvantage when faceing Paladins as its hard to land a blow or magic attack on someone who keeps blocking you. This is my personal experiance in AoH. Not saying witchers can't beat Paladins but the blocking of critical hit and magic attacks are higher in my experiance.

No, That's exactly what i said, blocking doesn't happen against incoming spells
i put it in bold
I don't know about this... most of the time that I fight a Paladin, they absorb my spells the most. I am a Witcher btw.
Righteousman,
i agree i'm a paladin and my experiance is that my person rarely blocks and rarely asorbs, and gets critical damage against me alot no matter the class i'm fighting. i've also seen that paladins die quicker in arena than any other class and seen a lvl 21 pally get killed by zerks and witchers of a lower lvl. so i'm all for a equalizer if one class gets melee and spells advantage so should the other classes. i see the rock, paper, scissiors approach- bezerker beats paladin, paladin beats witcher, witcher beats berzerker by the intuition, will and stamina thing. but all classes can beat eachother if they have good gear and fight smart
i'm a pally. i see a rock, paper, scissiors approach- bezerker beats paladin, paladin beats witcher, witcher beats berzerker by the intuition, will and stamina thing. but all classes can beat eachother if they have good gear and fight smart.

but a paladin is lucky to get a critical hit in thats why i use different class acessories to get some intunition and will
you also forget two things. one: a palis direct order attack comes with a high chance for a 'buff' which adds 25% to base order damage and it is stackable. personally I've reached 2x base damage with it and enhanced with courageousness orbs the damaged is increased even further. as in a normal attack doing crit lvls of damage. then add the chance of a crit to that and you have the most damaging character in the game... I dare anyone to match a 1150+ damage hit while lvl 30 and with base guardian equips. 2: the order dot spell of the pali is the most powerful one to do damage in the game. which any other dot spell would have to be lvl 6 or higher to match it's first lvl. I have not confirmed this however... personally my lvl 5 does more damage on the long run than my lvl6 direct spell.
I,M not sure i'm the one forgetting things:
1- You have to save up 300+ mana in order to even have a chance to hit for 1150, ASSUMING you crit, and that you are in attack stance, and that the enemy is dumb enough not to go defensive stance or put fire chains on you seeing you have 2 hammer buffs. That's a lot of assumptions.

2- The lvl 5 divine retribution spell does 15-21 damage for 9 turns (initial +8) and debuffs you by 8.3% for 8 turns (4 enemy attacks in 1v1). That means dealing 135-189 damage, and, assuming you receive only 300 damage per hit when you get hit, receiving 100 more damage. The difference is 35-89, which is less than most (every?) lvl V damage over time spell. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it has no use, or that i don't enjoy having it for boss fights, for when I'm about to die, or when i have 2 hammer buffs and don't have an enemy in front of me.
... I think this is going to turn into an argument... yes that is assuming with a crit you can get 1k+... but without a crit that is still 500+ and it was NOT in attack stance but magic... meaning if I am real lucky I could get 3-4 of those in a row. it is a tradeoff of the class... you have to build mana before you can unleash the hammer .

As for the damage you get by the debuff there is one thing to remember... I have 3 options of dot spell... I'm going to use the water one if I'm going to be going 1v1 against someone. if I use one at all. it all goes to stratagy. but say it is 4v1 or 6v2 or something along those lines I am willing to risk having the debuff for additional damage. as chances are it might run out. but if say running on your numbers I am attacked I would only receive 25-60 additional damage. leaving 80+ min damage from the dot spell trade off.
Whilst I know it's not written, I always assumed stamina affected what used to be reflection but is now absorption, and that has appeared to be the case, at least in my own experience. As for the strength of paladins as a whole I have to say when armour quality and buffs etc are the same, the classes are fairly even, particularly when accessories are used to balance out all 3 stats.
I don't know the details - working out percentages, tables and hit rates takes the fun out of it for me - but, all I know is I am fighting mostly Witchers in PvP 21-28 bracket. Berks and Pals are a welcome minority on screen. Seems people out there seems to think Witchers are the green bees knees atm.
Based on my experience in Arena, Bridges, Tourney and Duel or Truth, Berzerker has a distinct advantage over the other classes with witcher a very close second and Palladin a distant 3rd. Palladin's don't normally fair well in tournament and normally have least amount of damage in battle reports. That being said there are the occasional exceptions. I happen to dodge/block/absorb and extrodinary amount, i actually crit my opponents more than once in a battle, or my name is WindyLV....lol. All things considered, i still believe that a leveled up fully geared pure palli will be a tank. I also believe that the Palli magic needs some tweaking, but i don't see that happening anytime in the near or distant future.
Matt PheonixWhilst I know it's not written, I always assumed stamina affected what used to be reflection but is now absorption, and that has appeared to be the case, at least in my own experience. As for the strength of paladins as a whole I have to say when armour quality and buffs etc are the same, the classes are fairly even, particularly when accessories are used to balance out all 3 stats.

Good comment! Now if we could know for sure stamina affects Absorption occurence rates, then this topic would have no meaning, everything would be fine. Could we get a dev to tell us please?
to Zalex....you said

"I've reached 2x base damage with it and enhanced with courageousness orbs the damaged is increased even further."

Orbs don't affect magical strikes that i've found.
then you obviously have never used courageousness orbs... the other magic orb... like the courage but used like a nos... usable after 1k bridge exp
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.