Venting Post. Be warned before you enter. There is going to be a lot of whining in here... If you don't like it, then dont open the post.

If you are a troll, you know who you guys are because I see you guys do it on similar posts, do me a favor and lay off.
May my whining commence... ">
Are you kidding me? C'mon programmers. What are you guys coding to create PVP matches like this in the Arenas??? This is something that has always irked me and the my character progresses, the more it ticks me off. It looks like the code just takes a look at the level of a character and try's to create "even" matches based off that (I may be off, but this is just my observation). This can pass as "ok" at the lower levels, but it's retarded at the higher levels. I'm in Bridges against a team that has 2 of 5 people with blue belts while my team has 2 or 3 of 5 people with no belts. That's nowhere close to an even competition and that doesn't even factor in equipment. You mine as well turn around and take what's coming to you. You guys have to develop some more sophisticated code that starts to look into the meat and potatoes of a character. Is it a more challenging code to develop... of course it is... but what's life without a little challenge here and there ">.
Now of course, some myopic yahoo may be thinking "well you just need to purchase/earn better equipment"... of course... Why didn't I think of that... oh yea... I have! It's just that some of the higher equipment takes a lot more resources, let's say Valor as an example, to purchase. I would love to purchase it... which is why I'm trying to spend so much time in Arena, Tourney, Bridges, etc. It's hard to stay engaged when I see so many David and Goliath type match ups (in the PVP versions, David's rock just bounces off of Goliath's belt and bounces to the ground. The only expression left on David's face is... ">). I have been on both sides of these matches many times and no matter how you slice it... I still think it sucks. C'mon now, how the heck can people have a chance to earn decent valor with matches like this? Instead, the reward is messed up equipment which costs even more money (Kudos to the developers for continously sucking quid from bank accounts ">)
I am all for rewarding the players who had the foresight to start earning valor/etc. early on. Their reward is the Blue belts, upgraded fianites, etc which all help them have a higher chance of victory in PVP... but 2 blue belts vs 2 no belts... that's a little (A LOT) ridiculous.

Thanks for letting me vent Tavern. I have to say... you are one of the things in this gaming world that is working out well.
">... ">.... ">

KD

Comments
">
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.