Clarification on Trade rules please

I don't really understand the rules there, even more since I am told many different versions of it even by Guardians.

As I understand them is you have a + or - max 30% of the average price put in AH. Is that right ?

"7. A price for an traded item is acceptable if it falls within the range ± 30% of its average market value. That is, an item should be sold for no more than 130% and no less than 70% of its current value averaged among other recent trades."

"Market Price – An item's average sales price on auction (in case of investigations is defined by Guardian)."

That's what I get from reading that. But once a Guardian told me it has nothing to do with the AH but it's with it's value... didn't really understand how to find the value though.

Then another Guardian told me that the value was often the price in AH.

And some other people told me it's always the average price put in AH.

If it's the 1st one, how can I know the value so I can stay within the rules for trade ?
If it's the least one, it means that the price of an item we want to sell will change all the time since it's linked to the price in AH (and in AH you have no rules there so you can put any price you want..)

Once I saw for a lvl 3 item in AH sold for 1gold, 1 gold and 10gold. Obviously the 10gold it's just no sense, so do I still have to keep that number to make the average price ? Which will be 4 gold for a lvl 3 item ? lol (the item was color green)

Another time I saw the same item but lvl 3 and lvl 7. The lvl 3 was sold for 2 and 3 gold while the lvl 7 was not higher than 1 gold 50 silver. Again that just make no sense, but if I do not want to be banned from trading does that mean the average price i have to take for the lvl 3 is 2gold 50silver ? I'll never sell that item by trade if that's the case...
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.