Bonecrushing for hire?

It seems there is some debate as to what is fair market value for hiring a BC hit on someone. According to Irish, the max allowed is 1g. 50s for the BC sphere and 50s for the service. I feel that not only is this not a true representation of "Market Value" as defined in the rules, but does not take into consideration several factors. First, the cost of a wraith Sphere if said assassin wishes to do the hit anonymously or is requested to wraith by the person contracting the hit. Second, would be the fact that with reinforcements the contracted hitter could have equipment that will need repairs or possibly even replaced. Third, would be the fact that on an item with no discernable "Market Value" people should be able to spend their hard earned or paid for gold, as they wish. Punishment for doing a contract hit for more than 1g had been stated in recent discussion as Shackles of Prisoner. I feel that not only is this an abuse of power but also completely and utterly ridiculous. What are your thoughts?
Comments
These are the rules:

9. Players are allowed to take payment in exchange for services as a Punisher. Such services are meant as attacks on indicated players with Bonecrusher Spheres. When sending money for the order, the customer should clearly define the conditions of the deal, including who must be attacked. The price for this service is equal to the cost of the kill, plus a bonus depending on the type of attack. The cost varies depending on the type of Bonecrusher Sphere used.
I am actually surprised this is even a thing. If people are really silly enough to want to hire someone to Bonecrush someone else, because of some stupid little thing that happened in game, then at least let it be regulated by the rules.
Hey Jimmy,
I actually like what you posted here and agree with some parts of it. I think the amount 1 can pay for "hits" should be higher than 1g. I think I would be more inclined to use a wraith sphere. The reality is, there are more and more clan members these days and they don't take kindly to BC's and I don't want to start a war. :p That being said, if someone get's paid to BC me and they use a wraith sphere... well then heck... it's just a part of the game. The moral here is don't be a jerk to people and you likely won't get a hit. if you are a jerk, then your chances of being BC'd may go up . I think it may even decrease all the junky useless chat and bickering that I see more often it seems in the main chat.
However, I do see the need for putting a cap on what someone can pay. I agree most part with the concept of letting people use their hard earned cash as they please... however, I also think there would be an inconsistency to the current rules that do not allow you to give freebies and money to other players. People could take advantage of this and BC some poor lower level player just so two people could "transfer" freebie money to one another. I need to think about this some more, but i think the whole secret assassin concept is exciting. Perhaps i watched too many movies in my youth... ">
Let's, in the least, raise the amount someone can pay for the "hit" so "assassins" can cover the cost of the Wraith Sphere... ">

">
The price for this service is equal to the cost of the kill, plus a bonus depending on the type of attack. The cost varies depending on the type of Bonecrusher Sphere used.

Nowhere that I can find are there defined amounts for anything when it comes to selling or buying, everything is based on "Market Value." so if Market Value for a contracted BC hit is 50s or 5g, for example, then it is a fair amount. I'm not trying to rock the boat here, but with no posted defined values in rules or anywhere else that i can find, the allowable cost for BC'ing someone clearly falls within market value, whatever that may be. I also believe that most people are fair in their fees for BC'ing someone, and that those who are obviously playing outside the rules on this should be punished. That said, a BC hit on a lvl 12 character with no clan, should not have to be priced the same as one on a lvl 40 player who is in a clan, fair market value for hitting the second would clearly be higher than on the first, much as a green level 2 ring brings less on the market than a blue level 20 ring. They are both rings, but have a decidedly different market value.
JavenI am actually surprised this is even a thing. If people are really silly enough to want to hire someone to Bonecrush someone else, because of some stupid little thing that happened in game, then at least let it be regulated by the rules.

I am all for things being regulated by the rules. It creates a level playing field for all. It's the blanket statements concerning the "allowable fee" for things such as a BC hit that I take issue with.
JavenI am actually surprised this is even a thing. If people are really silly enough to want to hire someone to Bonecrush someone else, because of some stupid little thing that happened in game, then at least let it be regulated by the rules.

In my opinion Javen, what is silly is all the bickering that goes on in Main Chat at times. It's to the point where I don't spend much time on that channel. Having someone hired as a "Punisher" just adds another option and avenue to earn income in the game which, in my opinion, makes the game more interesting.
Well BTW you can hire me for this, and I actually do the BC!
devilboy999,
LOL
do u know how many do this and what lvl
well i can understand the hit as such but what about the pots the guy uses and if he is attacking a clannie then the wraith sphere and a isolation sphere all costs a lotta dough wat abt that.
Zeus2105well i can understand the hit as such but what about the pots the guy uses and if he is attacking a clannie then the wraith sphere and a isolation sphere all costs a lotta dough wat abt that.

if you had read through the actual convo instead of skipping through and reading the short ones then you would have known that those things were mentioned at least three times each, (accept for the iso sphere.)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.