Elite Battle Etiquette

I'm a newbie; a Paladin. What is proper etiquette with elite battles? I see invitations on chat lines, but are they directed to specific players? I've joined in a couple to help out; I'm concerned that I've stepped on someone's toes.
Comments
First of all... Kudos to you for taking the initiative and asking. There are so many newbs and noobs that do not.
Here is what I understand as the etiquette.
If a request is made in the main chat it's open to all, unless they have some specific criteria... but for the most part, if people are asking for help they are willing to accept anyone. If you have any doubts, a good way to check is to respond to the request and ask where the location is (unless they already specify it in the help request) If they didn't say the location and you ask where it is, they should respond to you with the location if they need more help. :)
It's not considered good etiquette to just jump into a random elite battle uninvited. So don't.
If an open invite is sent in main chat and the elite battle gets enough people, they should put a message on the main chat that no more help is needed.
If you see a message that seems a few minutes old and you are unsure if they still need help, just PM or message the original poster asking if they still need more people.
Most of the stuff written above is pretty standard. If you follow the advice given you should never run into any trouble. If you do accidentally join one uninvited, a simple apology should suffice. If they still give you a hard time about it, then they are being a butt and who cares... :)
Hope this helps Bob

-KhalDrogo
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.