Suggestion : Get arena's running more !!!!!!!

Still there is a problem with ALL arena qeue's, people still using them to mess up opponent side.

To many players made a game of it, to enter a qeue and leave right before the arena starts, making people loose hard earned or paid buffs.
PLease do something against this.

Some suggestions you might think about :
- Give players that qeued up and stayed in the qeue a reward ( any amount of the REPUTATION they would get in that arena )
This would make ( some more) people stay in qeue and in the end this will make more arena's fire

- Punishment for players that intentionally drop qeue ( within 1 minute before start) like a injury that makes them loose HP for a certain time

- Extra reputation rewards for doing a certain amount of 1 and same arena's on a day (3 x SB, 3 x ruins/7B , 10 x AOH and .... )

- Extra Clan reputation or player reputation when 5 players of same clan have participated in same arena's on same day
( so not look at bracket just at activity of clanmembers in certain arena's )
and yes i know rating is reward for more active clans, but it's allways same clans even when the smaller clans are more active.
rewards for clanactivity would get every clan the possibility to get at least something.

I am sure you can think about more of these possible rewards, so please try to think of something....
Comments
I'd say make arenas run more often. Like every 20 minutes for SB and ROAC.
Or you could make it so the one minute marker it is impossible to leave- i have heard this suggestion before and i thought it was a brilliant idea !!!!
They need to fix the confirmation of battle button, and I believe it would go a long way to helping people if for the last 1 minute of a queue, if you have confirmed, you become immune to hexes and bcs. I know many would disagree, but this would certainly help with the last minute dropping and the bullying that happens to control the queues.
I made a suggestion a while back about this. But here's what I believe:

I am absolutely in love with your idea... However, I do not agree with your first part (where players get rep for staying in queue). I can see where you are coming from (I had the same thought a while back), but who's to stop me from entering queue at night when no one is around and arenas never fire? I have never seen arenas fire at night so it would be like getting free rep for doing nothing... which ruins the whole point.

I feel like in order to optimize the queue system it would be best to fire said arenas as soon as there are enough people in queue. For example, if Sea Battle queue is 5/4 and then one vaalor joins (5/5) the game should ask all 10 players if they want to participate (this will be 1 min). If all players click yes, then set a timer for 5 mins to allow players to ready themselves for battle as well as make a server announcement asking for more players to join the battle (since there are 4 more spots left in each side). After 5 mins are up, the battle will start for all those in queue. Players in queue should be unable to drop out. Players outside the queue can either join definitively (no option of dropping) or peek into the queue, if they decide to join - there will be no option to drop out (be careful with your clicks).

I also love your ideas queen and isnoogood, anything to improve our matchmaking get a big plus from me
Well I rather do a round arena with bots then a player so I take it I am not alone on this Not all like having ones in round with them.
So I find your idea not good with rewards for ones that stay in que. I would rather have a way to do rounds without being hasseled with other players. Like make timer to 2 mins waiting so a chance to get a round by yourself. Then maybe more would do arena, or a way only to do solo rounds without a player so one has a option.
Regarding Arena of Honor, I know the mechanoid has a training fight that you can do, so having an arena that is only for the player to join seems like a reasonable idea. I know I've heard complaints about stronger people joining and "ruining my HoP" or on the flip side of that argument, people complain that others joined and "stalled my HoP" and so makes people frustrated and upset regardless of whether you're the strongest or weakest. If there is an option for a single-player arena combat, it does offer many positive benefits.
Allows weaker players to work on gladiator reputation and valor without interference from other players.
Allows the weaker players an alternative for doing an arena HoP.
Allows stronger players to avoid slower fights and stalling tactics. If they still choose to join and get stalled, they now have an option to hit a solo arena.

As for reputation rewards for staying in queue, I see this primarily for Sea Battles, 7b's you can queue for RoAC and 7b's if RoAC doesn't run, 7b's will. I would love to have gotten heroism for being in the queue, and maybe some piastres too, and we all need the Battle and Heroism essences for the corsair spells. Doubt that will happen though, but like the idea. Locking a person in queue is an interesting idea, not sure how it would work with someone who is in combat when battle starts, but could see them teleported after fight to the sea battle. Still think the fix is mixed sea battles.

Good topic of conversation.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.