Why the new island system is killing the game

Because:
You cant see other players in location. So no more PVP on islands.
It takes VERY low time to get to an island. So if you have gray boats , or orange boats, its insignificant difference. So why upgrade boats ?
Kraken is so predictable and boring. Every time kraken attacks at the same moment, if you have a boat full, you get hit. end of story.
Naval fights are so rare that I forgot they even exist. Since every island is just one stop from harbor, hauling sydian is a piece of cake for everyone.
No map on the islands (even if we found them, there is a direct sail to an island but we don't see it on the map..... - no logic in that ).
We can't even see our clannies sailing to pier or where our boats are stranded.
Advancing dockyard becomes a nonsense, since you need like 3 boats in total to handle all island necessities.
Clannies can't even know what is the timer on the miner, not even when the island sinks. Would be very useful to see the discovered island on map... since you can sail to it directly it makes sense.
One loses all sydian from hideout when it sinks, so , you have much less variants for hauling. Either haul, or you lose it. So the freedom of play is very much restrained.

So... new island system makes sailing and mining sydian pretty boring and quite dumb.
I honestly believe this is an update that took 1 hour to develop, since you are making things very simple and without effort, but took you 6 months to put in place, just because you are lazy. And then it's nearly 6 months more and you haven't fixed anything else. We do not have khaiman islands (and rachni elites, etc...) , setting lighthouse doesn't work on mobile... do I need to say this again?
Someone at game-insight is eating pizza and dropping pieces into their bellybutton while getting fat and burping. That's my image of game development at this company.
Comments
When will tearsure maps finally work?
I will disagree a bit, I won't complain at all with the new Sydian system because of it, I have been able to upgrade a good portion of my gear, much easier to do maze and handle other PvP. I think what killed it is no war. Events are fun and great, but war is like a super concentrated competitive environment for a full 2 hours that doesn't require queueing all day just to see if you will get in. And now, with sparks running out, there's even more incentive for war. As soon as sparks run out, I anticipate more fighting on islands. Maybe that's what theyr hoping for.
Leane, I agree. No wars are a much bigger concern for players. Once beacons run out for other clans we will be back to the "2 clans own the islands" drama mess that caused so many problems before the changes. I can't see that being good for the game. Hopefully wars return before other clans run out of beacons.

pearls, What you wrote isn't wrong, but I am enjoying the new islands, safer hauling, torlings, ship battles, and even kracken are fun for me still. But only when I am on computer. On mobile the islands are very boring. There's no reason to sail for torlings and other things when you can't even plant an island if you find one. I hope they fix that soon as half my play time is on mobile lately and that makes for the very boring game, as you wrote.
sky6, like this never
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.