modding the garugg compass

I just spent 7g and over an hour teleporting and moving trying to find garugg. It dawns on me that he may not be able to find for me atm because I saw him yesterday. (Got black screen bugged for 2 hours! yes, I had the first garugg fight black screen loading for 2 hours and the fight did not start during that time. Eventually I just closed the game window.) So perhaps some form of identifying he is available (or not so) to be found be had would be nice. perhaps having the compass be in an active/inactive state and perhaps a togleable notification icon somewhere.
Comments
Garuug will not show today if you had him yesterday. Also, I don't buy the "teleport to find him" rumour that people are spreading. I get garuug all the time without teleporting (including today shortly after talking to you). I believe that he shows up at a certain time, as long as you are actively killing mobs or moving spots. I highly recommend finding 2 locations with mobs you can kill; for your level I would use Gates of Dagdor and Hall of Masters. Start in gates, kill a mob, move to hall, kill a mob. Going back and forth, No Teleport Fees, and just hitting a mob between should trigger garuug, if he's due.

I agree that the compass/quest should have a timer so we know when he's due and can plan around it (most importantly, taking off hunter kit so you don't miss him between fights). This should be moved to suggestions
The game developers install a very generous thing called garuug compass so everyone can get more gold, free orbs/collection piece. None of you people are parents or don't act like it. More like spoil brats. It is like an achievement to find garuug and beat him. It's not DE fault if you computer is too slow or video card is outdated. Ohh and don't blame adminstration when you IPhone 7 catch fire while you fight garuug also.
It will come at random times but as previously mentioned, it won't show up if you got him the day before. It has always been every other day no matter how much teleporting. To trigger him, you simply need to move, but there are some passed along theories: teleporting to each corner of the map, going into Skrag Caves instance and coming out... etc. Available options to try, but in general, I just think there's a 24 hour window and after that it's random. Sorry you had trouble getting him to pop, red bag hops versus non red bag ones suck.
ok, I am not here to complain about my computers preformance or anything as some have pointed out. I am just suggesting some form of indicator to show if garugg can be found again or not... as I have seen garugg show up as early as about 30-36 hours after the last time seeing him. Which in this example I found gaurgg the first time in the morning and looked for him about 30 hours later.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.