Questions and Concerns over new updates

IHit and DE. A lot of valid questions and concerns have been posted to the news announcement about the new AoH updates. Its been about a week now and there haven't been ,any responses to most of our questions. Please take a moment and give us some feedback. Even if its just a we are working on it note.... its more reassuring than no response at all. Thank you.

Comments
You'll need to be more specific on what quests really.
Thank you IHit. There are a lot of concerns but I think the ones that are highest on the list of concerns would be related to how the NPCs are categorized. I think many believed they would treated as Player Characters vice as MOBs. But the indications are that they are just creatures. Do they damage equipment like a player kill or a creature kill. We can't tell because we can't see damage anymore. They did damage during Battle Steel so we aren't sure if a charm of durability is any help or not. We also don't get kill credit for Star or arena quests. They also don't appear to count as confrontations. So could you please clarify how they NPCs are categorized and how they affect our armor when they kill us which is frequently. TYVM
From the news post, questions that I have not read answers to:

Me:
My first question - is the damage done when killed by an NPC the same as PvE or PvP?
I have also been told by others, that the level of the bot effects the hop money drop. Level 70s are getting reduced rewards because the bots are all level 69 or less?

Zalex Jr. (level 52):
also is it only aoh or does it also do toh and 7b and the other play types?
and a question... does damage/kills on npc count to ruthless fury?

Lady Spirit Hawke (level 33):
Not just over stacked, are they using TWO end pots?
And how are level 30s getting 1400 hps back per life pat? Are they using all red marks?
I had a toon DRESSED as a witcher using order magic. Can we maybe make this more class specific?

Spirit Bear (level 23):
One small question about the new AoH HoP.... Do we give I the possibility of real drops in the battleground?
Killing an NPC does not give the same gold as killing a player in aoh hop. Kindly explain why this is, given that NPC are stronger than players
After all the 'testing', I can actually answer a couple of the questions from the news post:
"Spirit Bear (level 23): One small question about the new AoH HoP.... Do we give I the possibility of real drops in the battleground?" Noone has seen any reals dropped in AoH HoP, even with Marks of Reals Spoils on. So looks like we have to keep hitting mobs to get reals.

"Zalex Jr. (level 52): also is it only aoh or does it also do toh and 7b and the other play types? " AoH and ToH for sure. We believe IW will work too (since location is colosseum for it, but didn't get enough people to test). 7B (and probably Ruins of Ancient Capital) do not work with HoP. And SB I didn't get to test as I lagged out and didn't activate hop by the end of it. If someone was able to test, Please let us know.

"Lady Spirit Hawke (level 33): I had a toon DRESSED as a witcher using order magic. Can we maybe make this more class specific?" This doesn't seem to be happening in the top bracket. I haven't seen a bot yet that used magic, or reflected magic, that it shouldn't. Will keep testing :)

Seems there are far too many factors to include to figure out what amount of money you might make per fight. Getting between 2g-8g for a win and between 1g-5g for losses against players, 0.5g-3g no matter what vs bots, and level does not seem to play as much of a factor as originally thought. I really am enjoying this change, and hope people will start running arenas more often as the bots are not nearly as much fun ">
Storm Kat,

silly Kat.....karma points dont start until Monday....save your posts!!!! ">
Nurse Ratched,
">">">"> your so cute
Nurse Ratched,
">"> Have no fear, Will post enough on Monday to make up for it. Maybe we can get paid in coffee?? ">
Karma will bite DE in the butt. Some thinks karma is informative and others think karma is spamming. Butt will tell which one is up and which one is down.
And one other question while it's on my mind. As the AoH routine normally tries to balance the sides.... Why does the highest level character always get the not. Pretty hard to beat the stacked odds
Major Ursa,
I think the idea is that someone who is at the top of the bracket, will have more upgrades and hence can make up for the lack of upgrades of someone levels below them. It doesn't account for people based on how good their gear is, and therefore their ability to hold their own in a fight. It's with the assumption that everyone is where they should be at gear wise.
Leane,
Do you know what the word AssUme means? Everything you say is true, but NPC are geared and have reputations of the 1%. 99% of players do not have those gear or reps. The concept is good but the conception of the Arena of Honor is flawed. I think most people would want duplicates instead of NPC. It is more realistic and competitive hence more people will fight in Arena of Honor.
I actually think the bots in the top bracket are great, some are tougher than others just like real fighters but they are all beatable with the right team.
I have heard from some lower levels that the bots might need to be tweaked as they are invincible, but all in all the changes are great with arenas running regularly.
Good job admins for once :)
Also I like the new look to the forums
I understand your reasoning Leane, but the result is someone at the top of the bracket...may a Level 61 in my bracket always gets the bot or NPC even if the two opponents are both level 52s. The two 52s will struggle with the 61 any just due to equipment and reps. Putting the bot on the 61s side makes it near impossible to win. To keep balance, the bot and a 52 against the 61 and a 52 makes more sense. If it was 4 players it would be high and low verses the middle two. That wa my point.
Major Ursa,
Oh I'm not denying that the bots and the system of choosing is flawed, I was explaining what the game designers had in mind. I hate bots in that I just can't imagine a pally that is a level 54 with the same buffs as me, killing me after I mounted, nephed and threw skellies. That is ridiculous. I think the level selection is unbalanced in my opinion but I do not see that changing. I agree that the balance should be kept for fights.
But, I cannot appreciate them more in that I don't have to wait all damn day just for a fight and begging people to join at night. Thank goodness.
As a fairly strong zerk, a zerk bot 4 levels under me should not be able to kill me with the same buffs I have when I am mounted and they are not. Nor, for that matter, a pally.
I have noted that I have earned 3g during a aoh loss doing less than 10k damage but also earning less than half that on a win for doing 23k getting 2 kills and surviving the fight. the money drop against the adds seem to be a bit random. (note this is only with hop and not garugg bag)
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.