one of my works 'stdvd'

just a bit of one of my stories... free to be viewed but please not copy/paste

stdvd is current title and means 'sequal to Devid the Demon' not thought of new (official) title for it yet.

comments welcome... and I challenge anyone who thinks men can not do romantic stuff

a little backstory for this segment. the demon lord Louphure is a fully half demon half angel being. The first and only of his kind. He rules over a rather large dominion that is fairly powerful. He is able to do this because of a treaty his father and that of the current Supreme Overlord son (David) created often referred to as the treaty of D and L. Which allows him a little leave way being a middle of the two factions of society. (demon and angels) After his fathers death by another demon Louphure received the mantle but soon concluded his experience was ill stocked to run such a vast and powerful reign. So he decided to venture as a wondering overlord leaving all his position and wealth behind till he deems himself ready. After mastering all the aspects of both societies and the eternal conflict in himself from his own origins.

were we are in this segment is that Brandon (Louphures eldest uncle and chosen heir of his fathers position. Who also is a legendary hero of unequal strength) asked Louphure to watch over a class of students from the most powerful school for heros. He agrees but soon finds the task more interesting than originally planned finding in the ranks of near fallen heros another half angel with a human father. After some toying with the students revealing to themselves their true natures Brandon returns deeming some off time for the students needed and Louphure will be watching the class during the field trip. The trip is to the realms of balance. (those that Louphure rule)

While learning of the main reigning area of the Demon lord, Twocar (the half angel boy) meets a werewolf minion (Holla Lycan) who bartenders the demon equivalent of a hero's bar. She instantly saw threw the guise of him hiding his angel half and they hit it off instantly but work beckoned to Holla and Twocar leaves with a poster of a demon contest (a scavenger hunt) and goes back to the others of the class and soon finds others. With four they qualified to enter the contest but Louphure decrees that they require a fifth native to the realm in order to enter. As the four looked threw the area before time was up Twocar comes back to Holla, who happens to agree eagerly.

After some other story elements the contest starts and after some time into it the party of mostly heros is attacked. (per rules of the contest turn based combat instead of real time combat) If it was not for Twocar revealing some of his hidden power allowing the others to escape and a bribe of some prime loot they would have lost the contest of the scavenger hunt. This occurs right after Twocars escape!

Beezzeeb is the announcer/host/speaker of the contest btw. Oh and June is another demon lord!
Comments
Louphure watched the three heros flee defeated. He wondered when they will go back to search for their companions and even if. He would understand not concerning themselves over Holla. She is a stranger and a demon minion but Twocar was one of their own. Their code at least dictates they find his fate out. Louphure then looked away saddened before grabbing a cup of wine to act normal. It is instantly filled and he drank from it slowly. “ I find those young heros strange. My father had me deal with them but they act more like fallen heros than those of the order.” Louphure looks at June. “ My uncle is the last shot they have of becoming heros. They are skilled but have severe character faults.” June looks at Louphure surprised. She then nods in acknowledgment and keep quiet as Beezzeeb looks at the screen. Wondering why it was not changing. “ Well folks we seem to be having some technical difficulty. Those heros are hauling serious *** making it to the cave exit already. That might be a new record. We will look that up later. Oh, looks like the two hurt ones are making camp to recover and the uninjured one is going back to search for them.” The screens vision then splits showing Holla limping along. She seemed to have twisted her ankle fleeing and Twocar catches up to her about half way out of the cave.” Steven stops at a pair of supports and sees them ready to go. He picks up a heavy stone and prepares to throw it. “ Oh no!”

Twocar goes under Holla's arm to help her and she smiled happy. “ How did we get away?” Twocar adjusts her to take more of her weight. “ I often get picked to fight for the easy win at school. I learned how to escape fights easy. I also know how to make things go better for me. I am not a strong fighter but I can store my strength for when I need it. The first time we fought I stocked a turn after everyone one had theirs. Right before I healed you with a magic gem I found on the bridge I used my stocked turns.” Holla never heard of anyone being able to do that and was pleased. For some reason she felt as safe with this small child as if she was in the bar surrounded by her own family and it felt nice. As they moved she wondered the why of this but her thoughts on it were broke as a strange sound was coming from ahead. She then fell to the ground as Twocar stopped supporting her and extended his hands. She hit her head as she fell and blacked out. When she opened her eyes again she felt something wet hitting her face. In a haze of darkness she saw Twocar over her. As if holding a bolder over them then her vision adjusted to his glow. He was no longer the small child she knew. He was a full adult and the water was his sweat. He had formed a protective barrier around them. “ Don't move Holla!” She was contused as she tried to put her feet under her but found her leg past the barrier and her foot under a rock. Aware of the pain she yelled louder than she ever thought possible. She was certain they were now going to die. Only his strength prologues it. “ Holla will he save us? I mean I am one of his charges issued to him by his uncle?” Holla shook her head focusing. “ He will not show favoritism. Perhaps with a bride but.” She looked away. “ He has no need for material things and there is nothing either of us can offer for our lives to be worthwhile. Twocar it may be better to let your barrier down. It will be quick.” More of his sweat falls onto her face. “ I will never give up. Even after the last ounce of my strength leaves me.” Holla smiles oddly pleased about that. “ Even if you could hold the cliff up for all eternity we will have little food or water.” Twocar moves his foot an inch closer to her and his barrier shrinks but grows a little stronger. “ There must be a way.” Holla closes her eyes wondering. Hoping there was. She then lays back down. “ Two scar you are half angel right. So you can take confessions.” Twocar shook his head up and down slowly as one of the light orbs fade away.
“ I can pass it along for you.” She smiles happy with her back to him. “ I recently met a boy. Strange and oddly timid and quite small. He shows very little of his own strength in fear those around him will fear him. So all other laugh and mock him. Yet he knows he is the strongest of them all.” Twocar stabilizes his stance while being surprised in what she is saying. “ My family all have always been divine followers. We have souls but because we are born different I am not allowed to have an ordained wedding. I will never know the joys of having a heaven to go to after I die nor will any of my family. And this boy when he passes will only remember me as he rests in heaven.” Holla feels more water hit her back but feels these different. “ Here these words to you confessor. If you know you two will be separated in death then you must never let death find you until you will be together in happiness. For heaven is happiness and what you make of it. Confess your feeling for this boy and he may do the same for you because he has been searching for one that cares about him. One that knows his strength and does not fear him. Grant him hope when he needs strength and grant him comfort when he needs treating. If you do this you will be saved.” Twocar's strength then waned and he fell to his hands over her. They were face to face. Holla could see the deep blue eyes of an angel up close as the last sphere of light goes out leaving only his glow. “ Save me Twocar. I don't want to die yet. Not till I share my feeling with this boy.” Twocar smiles and leaned down to kiss her. They closed their eyes as the light from his aura fades away and so does his barrier.

Chapter sixteen- trial by fire
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.