something I wrote up! fire crystal rose

I wrote this for V day but did not get it done till this week and still need to do some proof reading and such for it but enjoy the story! comments liked to be had!!!

Fire crystal rose

Kora was unfortunate in his birth. Wingless and without a body of a warrior or smith. He was weak and his place was with the women that clean the loincloths of all others. He knew his place and did not complain nor fight it. He knew it was not in his power to do so.

Kora was nearing the age of becoming a man when he, among the others of his tribe, saw their leaders daughter. From one look on her you could tell she inherited his strength and skill. “ An open challenge for the entire tribe. If any man proves his strength greater than my daughters she and my throne are yours.” Kora looked upon her knowing he would stand no chance but still decided to take the risk.

The first time Kora greeted the princess he was in recovery for three months and that was among the worst those that tried received. Still he saw her holding back for him and those before as well. She did the same when he came for her again. And again. And again. After three years none other dared to challenge her anymore. She sat alone every day waiting for one to get past her tail alone and none had.

Kora knew it would not be enough for him to just get past her tail and eventually he saw no hope of escape from the endless washes and climbed the peak of the volcano. As if the gods themselves granted him a gift he saw them.

The first flower he picked nearly killed him several times over. He was light and small enough to climb down the walls of the volcano but that still did not grant him guaranteed success. Each hold he knew may give at a moments notice. Each step may be his last.

When Kora came to her again he made the mistake of making the flower like an offering. She still hit him but after hearing the flower hit the ground and shatter she looked back. If only for a moment. In that moment changed her forever.

The next flower he got was as risky as the first but he bore the heat and risk and returned to her this time protecting the flower over all. Instead of offering the the flower as a lover he went to his hands and knees and lower as her swipe went over his head. By now it was a musing to hear of him try every week and many come to watch as an escape from their duties. They were as surprised as he was when she stood to face him. The first time she faced any in three years.

Kora kept to his hands and knees before bringing the flower out. “ Before you hit me please take this first.” She bends down and takes the flower and looks at it closely. It was beautiful. “ Are you the one that comes here every week?” Kora looks up to her. “ Yes, my princess. For three years I come here every time I am able at the same time on the same day each week.” She looks at the flower again before sitting it down gently and grabbing him by the neck.

Kora closed his eyes as she held him by the neck. Her fist drawn back to deliver a blow to end him. “ May I come again next week?” She paused her blow at the last moment almost hesitant to finish him. Strangely he has been the only one she could count on. “ Your will has never broken has it?” Kora kept his eyes closed. “ My will is as broken as yours is. You were born with all these gifts you can not use and I was born without any gift to appreciate.” Kora opens his eyes to look into hers. They seemed to be mirror reflections of one another.

tbc below
Comments
Kora was taken by her right there. None expected her to do it. None expected it would be him even more so. She worked his weak and small body with her strong, vigorous and hungry one. She had been wanting someone. Anyone he felt from her. As long as they could be close to her. As always he endured her. Stories say her appetite would have killed normal dragonkin. Even more say the gods blessed him with their powers just so he would survive. Kora knew like always she held back, but not her feelings. Those she shared with him.

Twenty years pass. The two of them bought many children for the tribe. All strong like their mother and caring like their father. Kora thought on those years the princess now rules the tribe. It had grown prosperous with her. Still the spark between them had faded and he now is only a figurehead and nothing more. Then it happened. One from a rival tribe came and challenged for his position. He did so by crushing the flower put on a pedestal of their love.

Before she acted he went after him. Kora had grown stronger and more enduring as her mate and took his neck with speed none thought any had and brought him to the ground. Legends say he only broke his neck as others say he took the head clean off.

Kora had not been to the volcano in twenty years but knew there one more fire crystal flower there. He went alone in the dead of night and began the perilous climb. He was half way to it when he noticed the others around. The entire tribe watching.

It took him hours still to get to the final one and the trek had wore on him. The lava was hotter than before as well. As he came into arms reach of the flower he reached for it but fate had cursed him now with more weight before and his hold failed him. It was fortune he grips the crystal base which the flowers grow from and he saw someone coming after him.

Kora knew it was a foolish thing to dive into the volcano and instead of being rescued he became the rescuer. This cut whatever time he had left as he now had more than twice the weight with him with his mate in hand. There was no way she was flying with her wings burnt threw now. She was stronger and fresher of the two and knew of only one chance. With all his strength will and might he pulled her up to the crystal growth to let her grab it before he had no more to give. He saw her reach for him but missed by a fraction of a finger length. As long as she lived was his last thought before an impact was felt on his chest. She held him in her arms as they embraced for the end together and kissed like it was the first time as they faded away.

From that day forward the fire crystal flower was a symbol of eternal love and devotion to the tribe. To never be taken and honored threw the ages.
yaa a resopnse... glad you liked... I plan on releasing more stuff in the future
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.