It really makes you wonder

As I sat in the square last night and listened to the every repeating tales of rivalry, I had to ask myself "What the heck?" Okay.. I really asked it a little more bluntly than that, but this is a G rated forum. Some of the back and forth tit for tat, an eye for an eye I can understand. But then there are the occasional senior players that act like they are less mature than my 11 year old. So as I understood the story.... someone BCs an Alt of a Level 70 character. The oh so mature player immediately gets his level 70 and exacts revenge. The level 43 he kills returns the favor with a nasty hex. The oh so mature player then takes his level 70 on a rampage against that clan. Not attacking anyone that might be a threat. No he goes after player after player that is half his level. So I say again, "What the Heck?" The school ground bully here or what? But the thing I really don't get is why his clan puts up with him. This isn't the first time he has gone over the edge. With this mentality he can't be any easier to deal with as a clan leader? Why would a group of fairly good players (some of whom I have talked to at length and are nice folks) put up with this over and over again? I just don't get it. Now I have taken care to not use any names. But I am sure most can figure out who I am talking about. Especially if they were online last night. Maybe someone can clue me in. Or am I just that dumb? ">
Comments
You don't have to use names and it's obvious you are talking about DassDass and vedmak. No need to post from an alt, and there is nothing to it but people can do whatever they like with their character. If someone bcs my alt, I ask nicely for them to just avoid it during his hop. Not everyone reacts the same way, and they don't have to. Free choice, and just because I decide to bc someone for hitting my alt doesn't make me an bully, it's about getting the point across. If they are cursing and calling names or using words that they shouldn't, then maybe you can call them a feminine cleansing product or any of the array of curse words we all know and love.

Lol he try his hardest to hide and use alt to the post.

To me I care nothing to an alt and don't waste my time to try to recognize every single person's alt. If your alt in the clan that's difference story.

Leane, you are absolutely right
Spirit Bear,
let's pretend you aren't an alt, but just someone unfamiliar with the atmosphere lately. Many of us have alts, and Many of us don't hit those that attack the alts. BUT it is a risk you take when working BC reps. Recently my alt was hit, and I called my clanmates to defend, instead of using my main to attack after the fight was over (alts name is Stormy Kat, by the way, seemed pretty obvious to me). This is no different then having hit back with my main after, the goal is to make the person bc'ing pay for gear damage in exchange for the rep. They likely won't hit again.

Something I have in clan news for those working bc reps, that might help you prevent getting hit by a main:
"check gear, be smart, someone walking around half naked or with very very cheap gear is probably a farmer alt. "
"play nice, don't get into a screaming match. some people take bc'ing very personally, any problems, let us know...."
"and DO NOT BC anything with the name Cletus, SKIF, Kat, or Lance in it!" (anyone else wanting on this list, please let me know LOL )
I think my big issue is "goes after clan." Those are the bully's/babies of this game. If you have a unclanned toon or it is not obvious who the toon belongs too then it is fair game. Even if it is obvious who it belongs too... still fair game. Yes most likely babies of game will retaliate to "Teach you a lesson" but really just childish action to "Retaliate" as a big. You aren't really doing anything. Dying once in this game doesn't break the bank. Dying 10x in this game doesn't break the bank. So you spent 10 reals on attacking someone who can just shrug it off and go back to doing what they do. Can they BC you out of game? If they spend a lot of effort, yes. One of the major idiot ideas of DE. Allow players dictate who plays their game. Like saying I sell shoes but one of my customers says "no shoes for anyone else." and me allowing it. Not a great idea for profit. But we've all seen the numbers dwindle so they can keep coming up with new equipment and new events but just bubble gum on a leaky bucket. (off this soap box, back to point)

BC isn't punishment haha. Again BC ISN'T PUNISHMENT. But babies think so. Just play how you want to play hit who you want to hit. if they give you trouble then just do something else for awhile. Truthfully you find another game you enjoy, you probably won't come back to DE. Babies only have a short term memory on here, so you can go back to what you do. They throw tantrums so often that they can't even keep track of who they "have to punish for playing the game"
Reaghnf,
Think the justification for hitting the rest of clan is: The Clan lets the offender hide in clan hall, and the Offender sits there safe while his clan gets hit. And in the case above, it's very very likely that dass' alt was hit on purpose.

Work BC rep, then expect to take your spankings in return. It does not need to be a clan issue, but as we all know, becomes one quickly when the bc'er can't take a spanking nicely and goes running around hitting others again and again.

Emotions are high lately, It's just the way it's been. I hope we can all find ways to defend our friends, but stop defending and protecting those that deserve to get hit and it might not escalate to a clan vs clan issue.
I read all the responses and there are some good points. But the bully piece is when you take your problem beyond the person that caused it. So yes, bcing vex was an acceptable response. I never questioned it. But all of the other attacks. When a 70 bcs someone half his level or less. That is intended as abuse. And it's not the first time it's happened. There are a few people who have to make up for losing a fair fight by beating on those who have absolutely no chance. None of the victims of that tirade last night had any hope of winning. But it made Dass feel good so why not. My alts have been bced. But I don't go back out to kill people who had nothing to do with the problem. I don't even bc that toon. No dignity in it. And as for using an alt to post. Dass has shown himself to be vindictive enough to hunt me down over and over to prove a point. He lost a fight in the islands one night. Bced me in my hop twice afterwards. I asked if I had been punished enough. His reply was I better stay in town. So yes leave. I'll post from an alt. I know you. This isn't your style of play. Why defend it. You are a better person than that. I am done. Thanks for the responses
Spirit Bear,
I can agree with that for sure. If you have a problem with one person, go after the one person. Never saw the point of going after others who weren't involved. But that's just me.
Spirit Bear,
I've been attacked over and over again by lvl 70's...I still like to believe that they'll get bored some day . I'm already happy that I don't get attacked more than once a day lately.
Hm vedmak bced sb., a friend/clanmate/main whatever hits him back. So far so good. Than vedmak starts hexing and now everyone is crying his clan gets hit. For me thats a totally understandable and legit reaction espacially against a clan stating daily that "they dont care about getting bced"

And about getting bced out of the game. Only activity u cant were protection all the time is hop and the islands which is intended as beeing a higher reward in trade for the higher risk from the publisher...

Oh and i never got this its ok to bc unclanned people but clanned ones are a nono policy ...
Sighs... I usually don't comment on forums because I try to live by my motto "when you speak, make sure your words are better than silence". But seriously, some people use forum as if it were their personal diary... only to cry, whine, attack others and say nonsenses.

I think forum should be used to spread love, friendship, kindness, good wishes, have fun and give info too.

That's all I am saying about this, the point of discussion is not worth my time.
To add my two pence worth on this post...we are all guilty of doing this that and the other. I think it's time we stopped whining, moaning and posting in forum about it all and just got on and played the game.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.