Insignia Boss

Can somebody please explain the mechanics of who the boss picks? I know it's not random. Also, can people stop summoning argars? They're practically immortal, don't count towards your damage, steal damage, and slow down the fight.
Comments
They count for the insignia drops, everything but omnis as well
Lux the Sarcastic,
The First Come, First Serve with the Hero Boss is very annoying to everyone, except the first couple people in. But, that is just how it goes. I have yet to find a way around this, mount strikes, dot spells, destruction glyphs, arrows, corsair spots, but other than that, there's nothing we can do but sit and watch someone else get all the reps. It would be nice if there was some risk associated with getting to the fight first, but with almost all brackets, everyone brings life glyphs and keeps clannies/friends alive for the whole fight. (I've been the one kept alive more than once, so can't truly complain).

It would be nice if the boss would move a lot more, or if insignias were handed out based on how long you were in the fight as well as damage dealt.
Storm Kat,
It should be random... one shouldn't be penalized for several thousand damage because they took a couple seconds getting their belt together.
first minutes is random or such, and after that the one who has dealt most dmg to the boss until then has most chances to get the boss. or better, everyone has more chances to get the boss in front the more damage he has already dealt
This is a computer generated program. No programming language thus far will run on the word "random". People aka programmers have to use loops and conditions to make the program run. Dealt damage is the criteria that programmers are using in this particular program. Next time pay attention and you will see dragons will always get to face boss the most cause they deal more damage. Complaining is good for the soul to vent frustration but in life, u have to live with it or leave it altogether.
pearls,
Ah, I did not know that, that's a good thing to know. ^^
ThisNsihT,
Random can be programmed into things. Not necessarily "everybody gets the same amount of turns" kind of random but true random. They actually have RNG's all over the internet and it's extremely easy to make one. Accounting for people joining the fight may make it a little tougher but it's still very much possible.
Lux the SarcasticThisNsihT,
Random can be programmed into things. Not necessarily "everybody gets the same amount of turns" kind of random but true random. They actually have RNG's all over the internet and it's extremely easy to make one. Accounting for people joining the fight may make it a little tougher but it's still very much possible.

true random is really tricky to make, more like pseudo random.
Leanepearls,
Ah, I did not know that, that's a good thing to know. ^^

how do you think you get that huge amount of damage?
join early, use black spots and blaze, do bigger damage early, then it's easy peasy boss will keep coming to you.
pearlsLux the SarcasticThisNsihT,

true random is really tricky to make, more like pseudo random.

actually pseudo random generated numbers (in games/this case) are truly random scattered due to the face that people not knowing the generation generate them at rendom time and therefore random seeds
Debate it all you want, DE could apparently careless
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.