is it possible?

I just jumped into this game and I am really digging some of the mechanics and game design.
However before I go any deeper I have some concerns and questions for the community.

Is it possible to really play this game with a minimum or moderate amount of real purchases and somewhat casually and still feel progress?
I am noticing an enormous amount of farming or reals are needed to move forward so far.
I also noticed that the equipment upgrades aside from hp increases do not do much of anything in pve. My level 12 character with new gear gets hit the same amount of hp from a level 7 enemy as she did at level 6 or 7 but she survives because she has more hp. She also delivers almost the same damage even though she has weapons that are far better than the basic ones.
I see purchases in the realm of 2 to 3 reals per which even moderate play equates to a hundred dollars a month.
And if I do not pay it I am farming mad ingredients.

So before I go much farther is it possible to just play the story mode quests and to play a moderate amount of time and still enjoy most of the game?
Or is everything basically a addict style impulse tie in to get real purchases?
Also is there any other ways to get more bag space because I think I spend more time unloading junk because I am encumbered and cant travel.
The bag space is ridiculous without a separate collections bag since I cant even store my collection stuff.

Perhaps someone can give me a strategy for playing moderately with limited real purchases?
I know they got to make money but it feels very heavily tilted towards real purchases unlike some other games who also rely on impulse and disposable income players.
Comments
Sarynu,
Many clans have an exchanger for buying reals off other players for gold. So Yes, you can be a non-casher and have fun. Myself, I made it to level 50 before cashing too much. There are many examples of people in game that do not cash at all, and are very very good (eddieson is my favorite example). You want to focus on your reps in this game more than levelling.
Mob levels affect how hard you get hit. It is very much expected to need a few elixirs of life to get through a fight. You should make more in silver than you have to spend though. Remember to drink an elixir of endurance first, then your life pots are worth more.
At level 16, you can start Hours of Prosperity, which is a 2 hour bonus that gives you extra money drops from mobs. (You do not need to do the full 2 hours to make your money back for the initial cost. Many players will get a hop and simply do 2 protector quests to make a little money and work on reps). There is also a Garuug Compass that lets you chase around a little troll and he gives you another bonus that you can use while on hop and increases your money even more.
Much of the game is definitely, what we all call, grinding. Just endlessly smashing. But, there are a lot of other parts of the game that you will unlock as you go up in level and as you meet more players.
The game is tilted towards people who use reals (weather cashing for them or exchanging for them), but you can get through it without spending any real money.

Best advice for all new players - Do Not neglect your Valor. More than anything else, you should be playing in the battlegrounds against other players. Work on your protector and hero of the empire reputations as soon as you can. Protector reputation gives you access to more bags for your back pack space. Get your dragon at level 16 (prepare for it by doing the quests at the right levels). Get your mount at level 22 (prepare for it by getting your protector rep and saving money). And go to Duel Of Truth event (you can check times and dates in your map, there's an event list there).

Good Luck!
If u just want to play story mode/pve u dont need terrible much reps and gold to play the game. Green armor is pretty cheap and the dungeons can be done in groups so u don´t have to pay the reals. Only problem with that u would be terribly bad in pvp, what is not a problem when u dont wanna do it either way.

about bag space u need 1k protector rep to increase ur bag space, but keep in mind the collection items and quest items as well as some others dont need bag space
There is several ways of playing this game, depending on your personality and your interest. If you like the competition of playing with other live players then battleground/PvP is the way to go but keep in mind you will need to spend reals to upgrade gear. DE is design so that you will get angry and buy reals out of impulse so you can can compete with others that buy plenty of reals. If your character is to do things impulsively and do not have the discretionary monetary resource to spend on the game like a few people here then I will recommend you to level up to 16 as quickly as possible, take advantage of the Hours of Prosperity feature. Save enough reals and golds to buy garuug compass and the runestone of teleportation so you can go after garuug. You can also create up to 10 toons from one account so you can specialize each toon with the its own strategy. This game use to be fun, maybe new blood with new perspective will make game fun again instead of stalling and wanting to be the best to win. Losing is not that all bad as long as you have fun, this is a bunch of pixels not real life.
Thanks for the feedback. I am at 13 now and still logging in. It is obvious the game is tilted for reals.
Also I see no way to not go bankrupt doing pvp. I am new and lose a lot and cant even repair my gear with the silver I have.
So it looks like I have to wait a while but then pvp will be even more challenging. Kind of at a loss on how to really progress doing any pvp as a newb. Besides getting to 16 and I guess using these bonuses your talking about.
Is it possible to transfer gold to new characters from other characters? Because it looks like unless I have a higher level character capable of getting gold and transferring and am not willing to buy a lot of reals I will only be able to really play pve story.
It is too bad because there are some interesting design elements in this game. But I am not a person with a massive amount of disposable income.
They should potentially create new servers maybe one with a sub base and for newer people so they can gear up then join on the main servers. Because it is obvious the long time players and those with a lot of reals own it all. And pvp with its strange random swap thing and the fact at 9 I am up against a level 15 with uber gear all pvp has become is a item destruction for me. And at 25 silver to repair one piece of gear with 3 gold to my name at level 13 pvp is pretty much off limits. I guess unless I go naked style in there for rep but I dont have the bag space.
First of all, don't go in naked as it is against the rules, as is transferring for other characters.

Level up as slowly as possible, wait until events for PvP, mainly double valor day and when your gear doesn't break.

Get in a clan if you can, a good clan will have gear you can borrow/rent and may have a dedaire exchanger that lets you exchange gold for reals an vice versa, lots of players have done really well without buying reals, it is a challenge, but is possible.
Sarynu,

Rajabi is basically advice is to let the game dictate how you play. Most of the depleting players here are doing the same exact things maybe they have no real life to speak of. Those players with a life that play when they want to play are slowly leaving.
Hi Sarynu,
The answer to your question is: YES... It is VERY MUCH possible. I never spent even a single dime on this game. You can easily level up in XP. Participate in DoT, double valor event and battle steel event regularly and you can level up in valor easily. Heroism is a different story.
If you want to be the best in the game, then spend reals. If you want to pass time and want to be an above average player, you dont have to spend any actual money. You kill 100 monsters daily, you get 0.2 reals. Login everyday, and get 0.5 reals every 5th day. After lvl 16, you do HoP and get atleast 1 real in 2 hours of killing mobs. Get garuug compass and kill garrug once in two days, u get some reals once in a while. The tips here is, dont spend any reals that u get. Save it. You can easily upgrade your gear till level 50. Pick up a profession such as hunter, fisherman, farmer, etc.. and harvest resources. You get good amount of gold by selling resources. Parallely, work on your reputations. Stay away from PvP, until you have some 50 gold. Once you have more than 50 gold, purchase food buff, temple buff, etc and do PvP (events). Get blue armor if possible quickly and it is easy.

If you dont want to spend actual money, you need to prepare to spend LOT of time in this game. The more time you spend, the more gold, the more reputations you get. If you dont spend money to purchase reals, you will NOT be the best.. but you will be above average. If you dont have time, and also dont want to spend actual money, then this game is NOT for you.

If you have at least 2 hours every day to play this game, (regularly), you can be an above average player easily... as I said, YOU will NOT be the best though. Good luck and welcome to DE

While it is against the rules to just transfer the money, there are ways to transfer money between chars following the rules its just a bit more tricky. Its mainly buy high sell low and other way round. But read the rules carefully and ask others how to do it before u start that.

Oh and dont listen to ThisnsihT hes just being toxic where ever he can
ThisNsihT,
Could you please stop to insult this game, don't like it: don't play it.
ThisNsihT,
*insulting that was...anyways just stop insulting people for the heck of it. We do have lives which are, btw, none of your bussines and if you really hate this game then do not ruin other people's experience in it. Please
Sarynu,
AKA, yes it is possible! I did it, and so did so many others...a good example is Muffin. If you have any questions, guards are always here and a lot of us would love to help you too.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.