Disgusting Thief

Ihit- thank you for recovering what you could, giving me gold to rebuild supplies, and collection pieces to sell to get more gold for clan to rebuild. I do appreciate that you deal with this Immediately and although the amount is not the issue, the work to rebuild all those items is going to keep us very busy.

---------------------------

So, no surprise, Ancient Specters was finally robbed of significant goods. ">
Here's the history:
15/01/2014 16:42 New clan member AllieSin! in Valor Serpents
24/07/2014 08:09 AllieSin has left the clan! (due to inactivity, confirmed with VS before recruiting).
30/10/2014 16:14 New clan member AllieSin! - joined Ancient Specters, as she was expecting to be active again.

Now, this is simply to show that We did EVERYTHING we could to not recruit a thief. She was not active enough to even have Gold access yet (thankfully), but she was "old" and trusted enough to have clan chest access.
We got lucky, she didn't wipe us out completely, but the sentiment was there. And what's the point? She sold all her gear to game and obviously quit. What type of person makes friendships, contributes to the clan, helps her mates out..... then one day, wakes up, says "I'm quitting this game, and will take a whole bunch of crafted goods, that I know people worked hard for, and sell them to the game before I leave" ">

I have recently tested the advice to use clan safe to transfer goods to not yet trusted clan mates. It doesn't work. To get stuff out of safe, you also require chest access. So, yet again, we have no options. It's all or nothing. Besides, in this case, she was trusted, with good reason.

Please change clan chest completely. Make it a "clan shop" option, the exact same as the game shop. Leave no room for anyone to not pay for goods. Let leaders decide the price, let the goods in clan chest be the supply limits. This would be the ideal solution.

Since that is a lot of work, I understand it's not likely to happen. So, more realistic suggestions:
1 - Set it up in game that even if someone sells bulk to game, you can retrieve the items. Fix this. Make it so the thieves have no power. If you could only just undo the whole robbery, thieves would gain nothing from stealing from clans and noone would have to suffer for the immature stupidity we've been seeing lately.
2 - Give us a small, separate, clan chest that we can put limited amounts of goods in, to protect our larger supply.
3 - Give us permission to use a storage alt. I could keep a very limited supply of goods in Resource Chest & Clan Chest, if I was allowed to simply hoard on my alt. Again, more work for me, but added security for my clan.
4 - Allow access to "Safe Only" and "Resource Chest Only" and "Clan Chest Only".

Any other suggestions that I have not thought of, please do list here.
Comments
I agree with Kat on this post. Getting robbed sucks and we have no real way to protect against it. As clan leaders, we try to do everything within reason to protect clan goods, but ultimately, we can't be online and 24/7 and lock down access to everything (Kat is certainly an example of someone doing everything that she reasonably can to keep her clan's goods protected). I don't know the best solution (I like Kat's 1st idea or just being able to setup a mini-AH for clan goods), but I would agree that some sort of change would be better for the game as a whole.

-Lance-
Or perhaps limits that can be set by a clan leader of what someone could take out possibly?
we use a seperate access for items as to gold and reals stops people having full access to everything in there yep to lose resources is bad but to lose everything would be a whole lot worse and more damagin to clan also restrict the chest to only be used wth a watch full eye of ur council yes it sounds strict but helps alot in be able to notice straight away stuff missin for a quick resolve just couple ideas u could try hun
Please change clan chest completely. Make it a "clan shop" option, the exact same as the game shop. Leave no room for anyone to not pay for goods. Let leaders decide the price, let the goods in clan chest be the supply limits. This would be the ideal solution.

love that idea.

additionally trading few for Clanitems cloud be set to zero so u could give people gear without having to pay for it
Or...
Different ranks in clans have different rights, right? (No pun intended.)
Then, how about a new option in the ranks, to enable/disable selling of all clan goods, in AH, trades or selling from your backpack?
So basically, a new option for clan leader to enable/disable in clan for certain ranks called 'enable selling of all clan goods'?
This would probably limit the stealing of clan goods, because there's no use of taking items and not selling them :P And, the items can be recovered from the thiefs backpack (maybe, I have no idea if that's possible or not, but if it's not, it should be made possible :P) because he can't do anything with them :P
And, our clan was robbed a few days ago... :(
Ty!

yes, please change the access to chest, safe and resources to individual independant access...Our chest and resources was completely wiped out on 3/17/15 and there is no way we can get back those lvl of resources as we currently dont have those lvl of characters in our clan. What limited coin was recovered will not pay to replace what was lost. Seems to me that since our Theft sold it back to the game the game could have returned the items to the clan. It was the game who bought the stolen items...
Kat is right on setting up a clan shop and clan setting their prices...Most clans have a price list already in place.
Sorry I'm not editing my comment, I can't on my iPad (lol, doesn't let me) and I don't have access to my super laggy laptop atm :P

Storm Kat,
Just one thing about the clan shop idea, it won't stop people from buying it and selling at double the price :P
And if the clan shop prices are higher than the AH prices to make people not buy and resell, the newer members/the more unreliable members will just buy from AH, therefore reducing the need of the clan chest by half...
Please suggest something if I'm wrong or if there is a fix in what I said, I can be very ignorant sometimes, lol.
Gl with getting the money and resources back!
slayingking201,
I don't object to people buying from clan shop, then reselling on AH for double. There's a very simple fix for that, it's called "remove from clan". Is one of the most reliable ways to find people who don't actually belong in my clan. With clan shop - I'd still have the money in clan chest, and those people would become someone else's problem.
Clan Prices (for me anyway) are not higher than shop prices, as we adjusted our resource prices to allow our crafters to build the final products for slightly under shop prices. If they are higher than AH prices, than someone is magically finding the goods for a not possibly legal price, or is simply selling to boost reps, either way, we'll adjust clan shop price to reflect the supply/demand. We already have to do that with a price list that I have to bump 1-2 times daily (but alas, clan news problems are a whole other thread, that is already buried somewhere in the suggestions tab).

The point of my Clan Shop suggestion being: we are left with 2 choices - trust no one, ever (which I am just not a cynical person, so I would like to trust people and not blame everyone for what 1 thief has done to me.) OR, keep bugging admin until they build a program that allows us to keep our shop open, without any chance of being robbed. ">
Easy solutions for you here Ihit:)

New chest in clan so we can put stockpiles in and can still sell out of chest with minimal chance of robbery.
Example clan has 10,000 life elixirs saved up can put in only 1000 in the chest where everyone has access to it while storing the other 9000 in another chest with only a couple of people have access too it.

Option for gold would be let the clan leader have an option to put a limit on daily withdrawal. Example can only withdrawal 5g daily so thief only stills 5g instead of the millions of gold we have in clan chest.

Pretty easy fixes i think 1 new chest 2 option for gold/reals limit withdrawal.

I'm still not understanding why you can't just fix it on your server though maybe something like a few reals to reset a players transactions for a day option? not sure how this would work just thinking out loud :)

Still looking forward to new clan war system too I hope it's awesome ">
Good luck Ihit and all the other admins ">
needs to be kept simple or we will never get anything fixed.. safe and gold/reals access is taken care of.. common sense as to who u give access too.. we need the old way back.. seperate access to each chest. Clan leaders set limits, give us an item search (we have begged for this for a while now). a quick look can tell if some one has abused it.. take away privelages if they do. If you catch some one selling something they got from chest in ah for a higher price kick them.. same as stealing from clan mates.

BAN the isp of the thief, once a thief always a thief
Her account was hacked. She is not a thief, rather a victim. Please do not be so swift to judge.

The person who hacked her account not only stole from her clan, but also from her. She is working to be reinstated. She may have to change her name now that it's been dragged through the mud!!
a "side board" (small chest for 5 items) would allow clan members with full access to take out items for those with no access and make them available. the side board would normally be empty and only serve for no-tax item transfers...that way those with no access could be kept out of the chest alltogether
Annie Savoy,
i have to agree, she been around a long time..
Annie Savoy,
thank you for letting me know she was hacked, but the issue still stands the same. You can get to know someone and trust them, and one day they will still take what they can from cc. The reason I did not assume this was a hacked account in the first place is due to the particular items this thief stole. They are almost all exclusively the items we have been working the hardest to collect (like Essence of Death -> 10696, Dust of Essence -> 10493, and numerous other items, the list goes on and on). Things that I have been harassing clan to craft and collect for specific goals. It's very likely then that the hacker took the time to look through my clan news to take exactly the items I have listed on numerous post throughout the last couple weeks.. This robbery seemed very personal, I sincerely hope the real Alliesin is ok and figures out who did this to her.
Actually, the safe access DOES work, for some people, and not for others. I have yet to determine what the issue is, but some new players can get gear from the safe all day long and some cannot.
WaterHawke,
lol, another programming mystery. Have you tested if it's mobile vs pc yet? The person I had try was on PC (I believe) and could not collect from safe until I gave him chest access.
just have a few people- council with access and they can transfer whatever they like to them and then to clan member with a note on trade to prevent jailing - CLan transfer- anti theft
anangelofdeathjust have a few people- council with access and they can transfer whatever they like to them and then to clan member with a note on trade to prevent jailing - CLan transfer- anti theft

would end up either people beeing unhappy paying taxes all the time or the council paying a lot of taxes
anangelofdeath,
I already do that with new members to get gear and it is a lot of taxes.

But the point of my specific robbery is that AllieSin was a very trusted member. If she had asked for temporary safe access to get sparks (for example), I would have given it to her. There was absolutely no way to predict she was going to get hacked.

I have now done everything I feel I can to get the items back to my clan chest. I have written to Game Insight and they have replied that they are unable to put the items back "due to our database". I strongly recommend that more people write to Game Insight at support@game-insight.com and make them more aware of how quickly problems like this can destroy a person's desire to play this game.
This reminds me of when, during their divorce, my friend's wife moved out while he was at work. She took all the food items from all cabinets and the fridge, dumped them all into the trash can, and left them outside in the Alabama summer heat. She didn't take the food with her. It was simply hate-fueled destruction - it was of no benefit to anyone.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.