Sydian

Sydian

I've thought long and hard about this and although it was a noble idea, I believe the sydian gathering requirements for upgrades and the way players on this server have handled it frankly is a disaster.

Speak to others about servers that got combined into this one and you will quickly learn that sydian and fraction imbalanced, (usually caused by sydian) caused those servers to crash to the point that they became so small they were consumed into this one.

DE has attempted to put in a fix with rebirth, however it's not a true fix and only a way to expand growth ideas for those maxed out who are getting bored. It does little to promote newer player to go. I as you watch and see most player that leave usually so by the time they figure out the sydian requirements in both fighting, time, energy and fustration.

Simply stated, if things don't change on this server with sydian upgrades and clear disadvantages of imbalance across the fractions it will only be a matter of time before the game is consolidated for the final time with our Russia friends and most of you know what will happen then..

The point I am trying to make is you have a choice today, tomorrow you don't. Some have already chosen and make deals to strengthen their position. Others make choices to strengthen theirselves. Some their clan, some don't care, and some actually do. In the end we all lose a game we love to play.

Some in sadar complain often that certain vaalor won't fight in particular events. My response to you is, if you think you are so bright and k ow how vaalor feels, come walk in our shoes. Join for a couple months and then voice your opinion. I don't care how things were 2 or 3 years ago. I speak of now.

Come join a SB in vaalor and spend about 20 g/r to buff when your comrades don't and tell me how that impacts your play, especially when your out ranked by your opposition in every way. I'm not complaining that others may not spend a certian amount of funds, but to expect someone to join just for your thrill isn't going to happen because it's expensive and there is so little, very little to gain. Yes there is
A buff in sb to even that out. Well, what evens out marks, sydian upgrades, larger belts and undead spells against smaller opposition, not much

Does a lv 70 cursed or even an idol (Orange) come close to what, let's say a,level 40 player could summon? What about skelli and dragon? So, all this is not to complain but to try and get some people to see things from a different point of view, whether you like it or not. I get it, when I was smaller i joined often and took a beating like many. But as you escalate in rank and reps and with buffs available to you it becomes clear all sides are not the same by any stretch.

Many have made suggestions to DE to help fix some of this, but I have little faith they will. I suppose we shall soon see. But the real issue is us as players. If we don't change ourselves and try to get a healthy balance in this game it is doomed as the servers that once were. You know it. Don't just take advantage of it selfishly, make it better. I challenge you with that today, for tomorrow is to late and we won't be here anymore.
Comments
I think you summed it all up.
You nailed that.
Well written

Sydian mines that always produced sydian would be a challenge to defend/mine on multiple islands. Mines that always produce sydian might restore some balance.

We all hex, curse, wraith, and spend tons on buffs when island fighting.
Drink one in the tavern when we get back to mainland. (Beer)
Enjoy island fighting more then Sea Battle.
Thank You Scand for the fights....The thrill is not knowing who will win. What your going to summon, who's on the boat, and who's coming to help.

Best Day Ever!
oh great another resource I am going to need a bunch of and never going to get much of!!!
Here's a idea for the players split the islands half valor half sadar and the middle two islands is a free for all (constant fighting) for fun. Both factions would improve making Sea Battles Dot more enjoyable. On the other hand one faction can keep control of everything leading to a diminishing game population and i'll see you all on the Russian server ">
Interesting - is there a will among the players to make a change? More importantly, is there a will among the developers to implement any changes that the players want? I am new here so I don't really know, but other games I have been on have been ruled by the "money" players so I assume it is the same here and that is where the imbalance begins in the first place isn't it?
scandelnaviaSydian
...we won't be here anymore.

Good bye
Scand, personally I've been on DE for two years now. I've been on both factions and seen the incredible imbalance. Even while I was in HF I would always cringe at how bad they were with Syrian and how unwilling they were to share. But as we are all humans I can understand that people will always lean towards power and how to be if it themselves first. Few will ever be nobal enough to make a switch to valor, and most likely we will only continue to lose people as others get fed up with not being able to grow properly. I know this game is just a ticking time bomb with how people act (both sadar and vaalor, some people on our own faction can get hot headed) but as long as the developers and programmers continue to stuff their pockets they'll keep it like this so we will be more tempted to spend.

Now currently I speak from an alt as my main (Pery) sits in jail, but once I get out, as I always do, I will only continue to attempt to fix these imbalances. As for saadar still complaining bout the fights ;) if they want one all they gotta do is PM me, I'll gladly give them one and buff up to make it interesting.
Ihit already said Nova isn't being merged with Terra
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.