Quick Guide for New Playerzz

This is from the way that i play the game. other people play differently then i do. theres alot of different ways to play the game and as long as your having fun playing there is no "wrong" way to play. but heres some tips and tricks that might help you get the most from playing the game. i know people that read it are gonna have suggestions and such and i hope that they will post them in comments so i can edit this and make it more useful/helpful. if ive used words you dont know the meaning of, i have put a short list at the bottom of this post.

professions: they are a very important thing. (im a fisherman and this is just my way of doing things, others will probley have some better ideas. and any ideas are more then welcome)
novice: im a fisherman so thats the one i know the most about, somebody else will have to do miner and farmer. i was a hunter at one time so i will cover it to. i have found that at the basic level, for fisherman and hunter that its very easy, all you do is set net/trap and pull the net/kill critter. not much to it. basic lvl fisherman, skilds are most valuable. while basic lvl hunter, its jawbone.
grey lvl: fisherman: your gonna want to upgrade the bait your using. use the pork mince, it will allow you to collect a few more fish per net. it is also time to change up your nets alittle bit. you can now fish "still water". the higher lvl nets you use and fish that you catch, more chance of getting rep. but if your using your catch for crafting, you may only be needing skild and minnows, if so, you still want at least a few higher lvl nets, only for getting rep.
grey lvl: hunter: i'll keep it short. now your gonna have to hunt bugs too. withered stingers and thick pelts are what your gonna be wanting the most. been awhile since i was a hunter, so cant really remember. somebody else will have to post more about it.
for hunter and fisher, your gonna want to check your nets/traps at least 3 times a day. otherwise your catch/prey will rot if its left for to long. i check my nets once in the morning and once at night and at least once during the day, i try to check them 3 times during the day, but sometimes real life doesnt allow me to.
profession quests: your gonna want to do these every chance you get, you will earn alot of rep very fast.
never been a miner or farmer, so i dont really know much about them. somebody else will have to post about them.
collection pieces: (profession and crafting) your gonna want to keep them. they will give you 500 rep when you finish the collection. and also allow you to buy the palar for that profession/craft for gold instead of reals. plus also they sell for a nice bit in ah or inclan always offer to clan before you think of putting in AH, which is nice if your doing an event and break your weapon or belt and are broke. it sucks having to sell one, but its a nice little option if you break something and cant pay to fix it, has happened to me a few times. they are a very important thing.
crafting: as a fisherman, it seems like the easiest crafting is cook for me. i can take my fish and filet them. for skild they go towards endurance pots and the minnows go towards lesser orbs of courage. i have found that if you can use you profession gatherings towards one crafting field, your gonna probley have to buy stuff for the other ones. as a fisherman, i filet most of my catch, even if im not able to use all of it. but dont forget about putting some in resource chest. since low lvl craft stuff is not for clan chest, i sell some of my extra filets, pays for bait.
crafting quests: i have found it best to do one crafts quests a few times to get a rep boost for that craft, then to switch to another craft. (do jeweler 3-5 times, then do cook 3-5 times, then alchemy 3-5, then inscriptor 3-5 and then start over again) that way your getting all craft reps going up at a steady rate.
Comments
You can also get Profession Quests to help you get your reputation up faster, the locations are -
Professions Quests:
Hunter - Valdian Forest
Prospector - Mines of Tagol
Fisher - Port District
Farmer - Village of Landor

Cook - Watermill
Alchemy - West Grave
Inscriptor - Ancient Temple
Jeweler - Outskirts of Vaalor City

other reps: (quick rundown)
protectoreasiest in the game. do the quests, put together the collections. allows you access to bags, to increase your backpack space. mounts which come in handy, bags to put on the mount, which increas your backpack space, even when mount isnt summoned.
gladiatorfrom fighting in AOH, coloseum battles, and collections. allows you acces to some nice balms, and some stuff to make your mount better.
seven bridges seven bridges battles or collections. allows you to use orbs for magic attacks, either to get some health back, or to increase your attack.
hunter: (not related to profession, should be called tracker) killing tracked monsters when hunter kit is equiped. and putting together collections. allows you to make idols to summon critters into combat with you on your side.
hero of empire: duel of truth, and a few other ways. allows you acces to healers kit, to heal yourself for cheaper from curses and to heal others.
vigilant guard: from using skellies and collections. allows you acces to better skellies if you have the collections, gonna want to get rep to at least 1000.
Defenders of Adan: from the invasion of shabb event. allows acces to some awesome gears, but takes alot of work to get anywhere with it.
GEAR: your gonna want to get at least green quality. but try to get as much blue quality as you can. as soon as you can, bet a belt, allows you to have more pots/glyphs on your belt.
until you get the hersiom to get regalia, i would suggest using some jewelry (earrings or rings) from a different class to help even out your stats. as in, a zerker should use at least one or two paladin or witcher jewelry to get more will to help protect against crit hits.
DRAGON: try to get him as soon as the quests (cant remeber what lvl they are) show up. and try to lvl him as you lvl, as in if your a lvl 29, try to have your dragon at lvl 29 also. and try to have him with full gear, to increase his stats. when you choose your dragon it is best if you chose one that you can collect the essences needed to level him by doing an eye.
VALOR: the thing your gonna want to get the most of. you get it from pvp battles. will allow you acces to some awesome stuff, which if you dont have at higher lvl, you dont stand much chance of killing anything.
EXPERIANCE: its what makes you level up. at lower levels, its nice to lvl up, but at higher lvls, your gonna hate leveling up. try not to level up to fast. seems like everything you do in the game will give you experiance.
REALS: allows you to buy the best stuff in the game. you get them by: killing 100 MOBs u get .20 reals, logging in for 5 days in a row you get .50 reals, also when you do hours of prosperity, youll get random drops of between .10-.20 reals on some mobs fights. plus reals can be bought with real cash through the "bank".
GOLD/SILVER/COPPER: your "ingame" money. used to buy stuff from "shop", auction house, to repair broken gear and etc.
HOP (hours of prrosperity): you talk to lar-dian in square and turn in what he needs. you complete quest and for 2 hours you get double cash drop from mobs, and a chance to get .10-.20 reals. it is best if you do the full 2 hours, but alot of people only do an hour or so. its hard to play 2 hours straight without a break. theres more about it in other posts, so thats all im gonna say about it.

GAME PHRASES/WORDS:
MOB: monster on board. refers to any of the monsters that are on the map.
HOP: hours of prosperity.
AH: auction house
AOH: arena of honor
7 BRIDGES: seven bridges of shadan
PRO: either profession or protector quest/rep
REP: reputation
TOH: tournament of hoonor
PVP: player vs player combat
POT: potion

- tonythemonster
">">
Can you list the location of the professional quest?
Every time I want to switch from alchemy to cooking I forgot where I go to change quest

On a side note: I level up my 7B rep not for magic orb upgrade but for hex ">
Professions Quests:
Hunter - Valdian Forest
Prospector - Mines of Tagol
Fisher - Port District
Farmer - Village of Landor

Cook - Watermill
Alchemy - West Grave
Inscriptor - Ancient Temple
Jeweler - Outskirts of Vaalor City
Neverwin,
Ill add that on to professions one, Kat beat me to comments one
i see you had to break it like i did when i posted it in clan news. wish you were able to make one long post and not have to break it up and post comments to finish it.
tonythemonster,
Yeah

He made this btw
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.