Mass PM Etiquette

They are annoying. Sometimes the only way to get a message out though. However in consideration of annoyance to everyone if you reply to a mass pm please reply just to the sender or whom it concerns and not back through everyone linked in the first mass pm. Doing that just causes an unnecessary red wall that destroys all your other chats. (the senders chats included). A redwall doesn't necessarily mean the actual message by the way (at least to me) since the actual message can be something as small as Ty. I consider it a mass pm if the list of names (or the message is a decent length) is more than one line.

So just please take into consideration the other people in the message.

Not sending them in the first place also works.">"> :P

But it also depends on what the mass pm is about. If it's a good thing like congratulations on something then whatever I don't mind so much. But if it's something that isn't that important or something else then...that's another story.

As someone mentioned to me this post sounds like I'm a self righteousness prick. I may be one I may not be one. I'll leave that for others to decide as I am who I am. Anyways, I'm not trying to be one. Just trying to address something that happens that is annoying.

It's not necessarily a major problem but it can be very annoying especially if it happens at the wrong time (say a clan war for example). Which is why I stress the thinking of the other people in the pm when I ask that people just respond to the sender of the pm or just a few people (few means 3-4 :P) that the message pertains to.
Comments
I agree, I always add "pls don't redwall the others in this PM, just PM me back if you want to answer" but most people don't really like this 'rule'. (Laugh)
Ironic123Mass PM Etiquette
They are annoying. Sometimes the only way to get a message out though. However in consideration of annoyance to everyone if you reply to a mass pm please reply just to the sender or whom it concerns and not back through everyone linked in the first mass pm. Doing that just causes an unnecessary red wall that destroys all your other chats. (the senders chats included)

So just please take into consideration the other people in the message.

Not sending them in the first place also works."> :P

Lol I got hit with one of these the other day after telling someone congrats. Truly regretted it after
Congrats Shimora for the Neph !

"Thanks" to everyone else for bumping all my other conversations off my screen ">">
total agree i have missed important pm's cuz of redwall
Should be something like- a guy mass PMs, then it will show the first 2 people pmed, and then something like (20 more, click to expand), that would be nice, no massive red walls
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.