The First Vortex On This Server

dragoneternity.com/game/event.php?id=54441139-0008-0305-1167-af9475d16ad2 We had 23 out of the 18 needed (can have 27 max)

THANK YOU TO YOU ALL THAT WENT.

I have been trying to do a Vortex since they first put it in. I know a lot of people felt it was a let down. To be honest it kind of was to me too although I still had fun. At least now we have a better idea of what exactly Vortex is and what to do in it. I will try to set up another in the future.

Important Note: DO NOT BUFF for Vortex. All buffs, equipment, etc get removed from you when you go (buffs still countdown though so DO NOT use them prior to going) and then you get everything back after the Vortex.

Side note: I would assume buffs being removed does mean that things such as valor day and heroism day do not apply to Vortex.(Ihit confirm please?)

About it:
It is basically all based on your luck in your item finds that you discover moving from island to island. Using your item finds you fight other players that you come across by clicking on the crossed swords next to their name (like in a DoT). You have to fight other players to get points. Based on the number of points you get you'll get xp and valor (I'm assuming damage based (confirm please?)). The last surviving person wins and gets heroism (might be the first 3 not just number 1 since I think others got heroism(confirm please?)) and 70% of the winnings. Anything found in Vortex (even if your lucky enough to find the Maul of Devastation) stays in Vortex.

It's an interesting battleground that offers a very different take on PvP than the other battlegrounds have. It only matters what you find inside it. Simple as that.

All in all: Did I enjoy it? Yes. I thought it was fun and interesting. (would be better with some music I think although the quiet and the graphics was nice) Was I a bit upset that I died really early on? (my pots that I found were bugged. didn't show up in pack or belt) Yes. Was I upset that I got kicked out and couldn't even watch the rest of the show? Yes.
But all in all I'd do another. (Do wish that in the future they put in a leave combat option like all the other battlegrounds so you can watch...I mean you are paying 3g. Should get a show :p)

While I would not mind paying for another if that's what it takes I would vastly prefer it if people joined without me paying them. To be quite honest 3g is not that hard to get. Some ways: (some of these ways can be combined) 1 or 2 eye essence or death essence, a HoP, a Garuug, random drops, professions...really not that hard to get just 3g. In fact there were only 6 or 7 people that I paid for. Everyone else paid for themselves. Thank you to all that went!

Side-note: No it is not an illegal trade to pay people to queue, at least for Vortex, (I talked to Ihit about it; but only talked about paying people for Vortex not about the other battlegrounds). I am "hiring" you to do a "service" the "service" being queuing up. (In my curious mind: Would the reverse be true? Pay someone to not queue? (although there is no point. just bc them or throw them a hex)) It would only be an illegal trade if you did not return the gold to me in the event that Vortex did not go.

I made a few suggestions here dragoneternity.com/forum/suggestions/10358.html#cP=1. For those that went, and/or those that didn't, feel free to add.

For more information on Vortex; dragoneternity.com/library/battle/?part=blog7

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to post below. Let's get all your Vortex questions out so that other people know about it and can do one in their bracket.
Comments
What are glasses?
Congrats on getting the Vortex going! As far as buffs/"day" events I'll need to confirm it but I'm almost sure it should still apply to Vortex.
OneLastChanceWhat are glasses?

?

IhitCongrats on getting the Vortex going! As far as buffs/"day" events I'll need to confirm it but I'm almost sure it should still apply to Vortex.

Thank you. Been trying to get one for awhile lol Hopefully this leads to more Vortexes either in this bracket and/or others.
Ironic123,
On the link it said "glasses" in the first column
Actually this would be the 2nd time the Vortex has gone on this Server.
FarmerCletusIIESQ,

On nova server.
It's only gone once.
*chuckles* sweetheart

No need for insults. ~Ihit
OneLastChanceIronic123,
On the link it said "glasses" in the first column

Oh I see it. Not sure why it says Glasses lol
I think it supposed to say Points
Glasses to Points - already fixed, thanks for dose of humor
in the thread about vortex say everyone over 2k points gets heroism.
ans it should be 70% of the bets not of the winnings.

would be courious how much valor/heroism u and others got
Only RIc and Ellie got herosim I think. Not sure on the amounts. (would be nice if combat report showed heroism as well as xp/valor :p)

I didn't get any valor. I'm capped till lvl 51. Pretty sure all I got was a little xp..

2 things
1 - in the descriptions: Level Brackets: 29-38, 39-48, 49-50, 52-60, 61-70. But I believe when you queue the levels are different. Can you please tell us what the levels are again.
2 - The 2nd Vortex says "This Battleground is available for players of levels 29-70. Minimum bid to enter - 1,5 Gold." I have recently been told that is actually 1.5 REALS. Can you confirm which it will be?

Thank You!
Storm Kat,

We'll get it fixed in a moment. It should be 29-38, 39-48, 49-57, 58 - 67, 68 - 70.
As far as your second question goes it depends on which Vortex are you joining "reals" one is on weekend - Saturday, while all others are with gold entrance fee.
I got 57k xp, 23k valour and just under 5k heroism for those who were asking :)

To be honest, the rewards were just a bonus, I had a great time doing it.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.