My two cents on Bullying...

I'm writing this thread because I've read a lot of post and comments on this subject lately and I lost a good friend from the game due to it. Does Bullying exist on here? Absolutely. Is this a war game? Absolutely. Do we all play this game for the same reason. Absolutely not.

So let me first say this. I am not one of the people who cares if I am cursed or attacked. Being in Ninth has thickened my skin considerably with how much we are attacked by HF in particularly and a few other clans lately. BCing is a very fun part of the game. You can test yourself against friends one on one or even go for players of higher levels and see how strong you are. Also very cool equipment and mounts come with the rep. So do it! But here is where the difference is. ...

Here is the list of the people have BC'd me in the past month...
Bubbagorn
DassDass
Andry
RF, Ant, Greenie (few others but ea was 10 levels higher min) All at once.
MTDill
Suspira - Did not BC out of being mean. Was for quest which I will always be ok with.

How many out there think I could win a single one of these? (God bless your kind soul if you do.)

The purpose of these attacks aren't a fair fight or because its a war game. War games are fun when there is a chance to win and a chance to lose. When Ninth war'd Elite it was one of the more enjoyable fights because it could've gone either way at the start. There was a challenge to it! The purpose of these BC attacks (minus Suspira's) are not the same as that war. They are design to to upset me enough to quit Ninth or complain enough to my management that we need to stop standing up for ourselves on islands. (which won't happen on either account - refer to first paragraph where it says "I don't care about curses...") I don't fight these fights. Been called a coward a couple of times. (refer to my signature for that). Or have been threatened with more BC's more attacks etc... Thread on guardians page has my name in it was one of these types of threats. I personally rather be a coward then act stupidly for the pleasure of others. That is the Bullying.

When you attack someone 10-20 levels below mounted and buffed. Don't kid yourself. You aren't doing it because you love a fight or this is a war game. You are doing it as a intimidation tactic or you don't have the skill to take on someone who can beat you. I also include those of you who attack someone with a plan to bring in others to the fight when you start losing. You BC someone and start losing. Man/Women up and take it.

In fact I've only ever been BC'd once by someone within 2 levels of me in a year of playing.

Like I said just my two cents on it. Lets stop trying to sugar coat or say "its a war game" crap. Most of us are old enough to know the difference. If you don't care you don't care. I personally have more respect for players who come out and say it. I've seen Trongster admit to it and I respect him for that.

P.S. This is all just talk because I don't know if anyone has noticed by "Bullying" punishment is no longer in the punishment section LOL.
Comments
That was so properly worded, and made so much sense.
You nailed that.

*Waits for sadar to say something stupid and start another flame war*
Haha, yes - I have lost count of the amount of times I have been called a coward for refusing to fight back against a level 28+, mounted, buffed, blue belt equipped BCer. I guess some people need to invest in a mirror!

_Mindless_Prodigy_ *Waits for sadar to say something stupid and start another flame war*

Hmmm... 7 months as a Sadar, 2 as Vaalor.
_Mindless_Prodigy_
*Waits for sadar to say something stupid and start another flame war*

Why....you just did by trying to stoke the flames again with your comments......

[QNAMEF kind="v" gender="m"]Reaghnf:[/QNAMEF]
Doc - thank you for actually writing a drama free post looking at the situation from all angles. BC is what it is.....a game tool. It can be used for fun or as a power play.....either way it is here and will be used. It is part of the game - no getting around it.

We are a little community of multiple personalities running around in a pixelated world. Our own personalities will often reflect in our words and actions in the game.......along with what is going on in RL. If we are angry - we may lash out....happy we may joke around.....sad we may not want to chat.....a reflection of what is going on in a persons world whether game or RL. So its good to try and remember there are real people behind the cartoon......there may be reasons for actions...reactions or no actions at all.

This may be beyond the concept of little ones....but for those adults out there - stop and think what could be going on with that person to have them act so.......people come to a gameworld like this for escape at times....get away from real world....forget problems and become something they are not.....whatever that may be - powerful....respected....feared.....

So with that in mind.....can we all please stop arguing and get back to just having fun with the personalities that we do like.....begrudgingly respect the ones we don't and just enjoy the game again.

btw Doc.....I am only 2 levels higher than you......let me know when you are ready witcher boy ">
HunterOnly,

I was Vaalor on a bunch of previous toons.
Nurse Ratched,

You know they will.
I know they will.
But this post, or geckos post wasn't intended for a flame war.
But we'll get it anyways.
[QNAMEF kind="v" gender="m"]Reaghnf:[/QNAMEF]

thank you for that pm correcting my math abilities (Flying Knight would have a field day with that one)!

"> you know well enough, I cant do math in the morning when I don't have enough coffee
Everyone has to take a huge step back so they can look at the whole picture for a moment. DE is not a jail cell nor does it have any cells. Anyone here can hit that 3 letter word called OFF and none of this so call bully or problems will exist. Real life has something call gangs which use intimidation tactics to recruit and ISIS probably has similar tactics. Those don't have the option of OFF. Bullies are only tough if you relinquish power to them. Or else they are powerless. A good example is Sparta Wolf. That guy can get on one of his bully moods. He is an occasional casher. He bc peeps 10 lvl below him. Those spears cost coins and u see him in dungeon more time then playing Admin has done things to help players out, just have to open eyes a little wider. Everyone is allow to have 10 characters to one account. If someone use a sphere on u, just log on to another toon and build that toon up to be a strong toon. That is just one of many ways u can circumvent the bonecrushing fiasco. As a last note, this is a war game, Colin Powell and countless other generals use games like this to stimulate their brains so they can find strategies for usage in real words. Take a page from them and start learning from the game instead of bickering like kindergartner.
ThisNsihT,
Your comparisons are awful, ISIS and DE are total different things with total different people and envirements, comparing those two is like comparing the ancient Egypt and modern world. And for your "general": I'm sure that the games he plays are a lot different to DE too, with less action (such as Goodgame Empire). Also I'm not sure whether you're aware of psychological stuff (please tell me that I write that right!) but in RL when someone gets bullied, they will fear their bullies too and try to stay away from them as much as possible (even in kindergarten!). So why wouldn't the victims of bullies want to run and hope that their bullies stop soon? If I'm correct then all your "Logic" just got lost.

Sincerely "me"
ThisNsihT,

tl;dr
Reaghnf,

When you belittle someone they usually don't forget, i didn't forget.
wow not intended for flame but yet im in it lol looks like im famous bcin is as it stand bcin game rules state u can do it whether 5 -10 any levels not being funny you make it like it was unfair ur 51 in just turned 56 5 levels different as ur entitled to call in alliences clans as u remember u did to us at first when it all started we are entitled to do the same back

or did u forget when u was the first to have clans attack against just few of our members bullies i think not
ant1985,
"being funny you make it like it was unfair ur 51 in just turned 56 5 levels different" Ant you were mounted and buffed and greenie and RF was with you. Then Seconds later TMC, wraith and Supermaus. Tell me one player other then maybe Suspira who can win that? lol You didn't intend a fair fight especially because I was not mounted. One on one we would be close. But that it was not. You were trying to make a statement with me. That was the point of this post. You were using BC as a tactic. Not a fight. Come out and say I was attacking with a massive group to all Ninth to make a point and piss you all off and I'll respect that. I've also never attacked your clan. You can refer to Nurse, Rellik, Never in your clan for this.

-AKay-,
This comment I will explain to everyone. I saw Akay on the Islands standing in the open. Just sent a friendly message saying they should stay in the hideout so you don't get BC'd. It happens a lot out there. But was taken as offensive and I've apologized if it was, but there was no malicious intent behind the comment.
Reaghnf,

That part of it i didnt mind, what i did mind was the "you're too small to be talking big" can't remember exact words but the too small part was spot on.
and as i said what about when u did it to my clan your whole clan jumped mine buffed and mounted with 2 other clans fair i think not and yep i did intentionally as was already told at the time i didn't deny it to show your clan what its like when you bully another clan on unfair terms you all claim your the victims but we still have the reports of yours and 2 other clans attack 1 level 50+ and the rest was level 23s fair fights i think not dont claim to be victims when you are clearly bullying yourself s it makes it as bad as the people your tryin to accuse

call me a bully i call it reaping what you sow suppose that's just me though
Reaghnf,

Don't remember an apology, don't really need one, just want to be respected as i respected you.
Bonecrushing and is a valuable part of the game and spending the time (and money) to develop it should and does give you the ability to influence the game in your favour. As an example, as many of you know, I'm a miner... having red spheres is a massive deterrent for people messing with my mines. BUT, they are not an effective deterrent if I never go nuts and use them from time to time.

With respect to attacking people who have no chance against you... When I was a low level in HellFire, 9th legion waged a war on us. When I say war it was more of a terror campaign. It made us all so angry, we HATED 9th. The leadership could take care of themselves but us low levels were getting slaughtered. Our cries forced our leadership to negotiate a deal rather than continue the bloodshed. While this experience was extremely frustrating it showed me how effective a strategy it can be. With it, one man or woman who is particularly determined and doesn't care much about their reputation can bring a clan to their knees.

My advice. Keep your head down, progress your reputation, never forget those who hit you and enjoy your sweet revenge one day. The tides in this game are always changing. Clans fall from grace and others rise, your turn will come.

While I understand that it is extremely frustrating for the person being bonecrushed, again
ant1985,
This wasn't a clan post. This wasn't a sympathy post for Ninth. Nor will I continue this debate in comments. The reason for this post was the person who left the game. This post is about her. She didn't get involved in clan fights or arguments. Just did her thing and liked to belong. But players kept attacking her for no other reason to make her quit because of the same reason you attacked me. You want to point out where me. REAGHNF was ever in a fight against IL I will be happy to backtrack any of my statements. Show one instance where I bullied by attacking a little, I will happily delete this whole conversation from tavern. I'm speaking as a individual, not a clan. This happened to me when I was in VS and in ID (inferno delta for younger players). Fight clans in wars and not attack their members to make a point because many of them are just playing to play.

Are you a bully? no. In that instance were you trying to be? Yes. For my time in game I always thought you a respectable player and still do.

-AKay-,
Might have gotten lost in conversation with arcane after. But will say, I apologize for anything that was said.
I like hot pockets too
Just to add on to reag's point (sorry im late been busy_ id like to think its a game to have fun on when your a little levels everything is fine if only every bracket was like this bracket if u curse someone in aoh they don't instantly start whinging they say good fight and wait to get healed (by me im not mean)
In my opinion if everyone did this and took bonecrushing as part of the game and didn't belittle people who play game would run smoooooooth :D.
Another point (im bad at English don't make fun of me) id say that theres a point wer bonecrushing does get silly I mean I was just trying to do my traps and I got jumped by a level 56 although I didn't really care mainly for the reason because I knew it would start something up. I kept it to myself and kept the curse.
Even thought ive said all this there have been points in this game wer things have gotten out of hand and have had some pretty offensive things said to me. The power of 1 message is immense as well as the bc.
I wont name the name but all I remember is he lied and got a whole clan to bc me and my old clan and it practically drove me away (inferred a lot by now)
So obviously I left and im only in contact with one of em.
the power of that 1 message and bc caused a whole chain reaction. People always pull out the excuse of it being a game were you fight. But what about those who choose not to and want to play a nice game of questing and talking to the nice community?
Not only this but isn't there a point wer harmless pvp becomes a drive not allow the other person to play and intentionally make them leave?
TBH I don't really care who bc's who but at the end of the day I wanna be friends with everyone :D even people who bc me I make friends with them and get along with them still :D
Finally I say take some time to think and eat some noodles
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.