Sea Battle

...Bcing people because it didn't go... Really? As if 1. Those people are the ones that dropped out of queue (while they may or may not have how is anyone to know for sure except for them...well and admins :P) 2. Oh yes because bcing people because it didn't go will make it go. 3. Because doing that totally makes people want to do sb.

...Bcing people because you got hexed/baned while in combat... 1. No way to know for sure who it was (for the most part. yes there are things to look for to make an educated guess but short of the person being stupid enough to say "I hexed you" chances are pretty good it's still a guess) 2. It's part of the game. It happens, it can get healed just like any other curse. (Personally I don't use them since I don't think they are worth the cost but that's just my opinion).

Hexes in general: If your point is to keep people out of sb (are other battlegrounds affected or just sb?) then there isn't much point in using anything over grey since it's a waste of money as the person still won't be able to enter sb be it with either grey or purple or higher. There also isn't much point in doing that anyways (in my opinion) because then you might not get a sb to happen due to them being blocked from going.
Comments
When there are people who drop out of queue at the last second, it's typically a deliberate act on the part of Vaalorians. If you know who likes to do this, it would be a good idea to make them stop it. People from Sadar who have spent resources on buffs in anticipation of it going when there are 5+ Vaalors in queue have them just waste away. So, out of frustration and a sense of not wishing to waste buffs, I see BC'ing Vaalorians as a logical response. If it were just the occasional issue like you see in 7b's and AoH, that's one thing, but when it's a deliberate practice by some of the Vaalor players, I would expect more bc's to occur as irritation and frustration builds.

Regarding Hexing in Sea Battles, if there are 5-9 in the battle, you know it's one of those, so, it could end up all that were in that battle will get bc'd for it. Perhaps the captain should issue orders not to use hexes and banes during combat, unless you are looking for a bc battle afterwards also.

Anyway, not trying to create problems, only trying to answer your question regarding why bc people when sb's don't go and why bc when hexes are used. I can't recall ever bcing anyone based on these issues, but I can understand why it happens.
Not really meant as a question more as a kind of statement of wondering at the futility of people's actions during/after a sb. However to respond:

I understand where your coming from since I've been through it on both sides. But it never agreed with me and I still think it's a rather stupid practice. Personally I don't use temple buffs in sb and I wait to put on buffs until the sb actually goes (which seems reasonable). Also seems rather stupid because: 1. Connection errors happen. While yes after say 3 or 5 etc connection errors every or most sbs it becomes questionable. 2. I don't know how frequent it happens anymore if it still does but long ago people would use alts to bump up queue and then let the alt go offline at the pirates creating an unbalance. 3. I'm not writing in favor of either vaalor or sadar. I've seen it happen on both sides.

Easy solutions (and things that have been done in the past): 1. Clan sbs meaning get as many people from your clan to do sb as possible. There have been teams of solid one clan before. 2. Stop with the practice entirely because all it does is cause issues and it is rather childish. 3. Wait to put on buffs till the sb actually goes. Yes it might cost more for the insignias rather than the covers (whichever one goes into the backpack first before use) but you can use them or you can just go without (most of the time I just go without).
getting annoying that my characters get mixed up on forums
All sounds fun to me
Sea Battle, hexing, & bc ">
As Always, must comment on SB post... not matter how hard I try not to I am, and many of my clan mates are, ADDICTED to sea battles. We love it, we have a great time, and we have been involved in some pretty amazing battles. We win a few, we lose more, but either way we go home with rum and valor and no broken gear. (black_beer)

Bc'ing because it didn't go: Seems that all the good "bc because of sea battle" fights happen when I'm offline. But I can assure any sadars that my crew is not purposely dropping the queue at the last minute. When we join, we get it done to the end unless it's beyond our control. ">

Bc'ing because of hexing: I would like to review the reasons for the "no hexing" player rule to justify my support of it. Since I never hex, maybe a hex lover can weigh in an opinion that could change my mind. I do not agree with bc'ing someone who May have used a hex spell, but I do believe in explaining why and letting people make their own minds up. ">

Reasons I like the rule:
1 - NO GEAR DAMAGE, Summon everything you want, the more the merrier! Make it an epic battle! I've been in some pretty embarrassing fights were I had no chance of winning, but some very awesome creatures have been summoned. It's part of the fun and I learn something new every time.
2 - You want to move decks, you need to summon more than the enemy does. Mix it up, have fun.
3 - If not for SB summons, I would not be motivated to get past 3k hunter rep for bigger beasts, we don't use them anywhere else, and they are fun, and they count to the total damage.
4 - If not for SB draggys, my poor draggy would never see PVP battles, cuz she's not allowed in other fights (players rule that I agree with due to gear damage)

Reasons I can think of that might justify not liking the rule:
1 - can't keep the really mean level 70 beasts out of the fights without a hex scroll. We would have an advantage as smurf pets are generally smaller than elmo pets, for now. One day it will all balance out and we'll be thankful for this existing rule (I sure hope that day is soon ">)
2 - players get bc'd after for things they did not do, since you can't tell who did it. If this rule was not in place, both sides would hex equally and there would be no 'rule' to enforce.
3 - hexing gets reps, therefore if you're going to use a hex for reps, might as well make it for a good battle.

Alright hex lovers, tell me why I'm wrong ">

Storm Kat,
I don't Hex in Sea Battle, I only Hex in BC fights...when I remember to
Sea Battle you have to be quick and summon everything, some like to Shackle your dragon and Skellys.

Ironic123,
Don't leave me out of the BC fights, I live for those ">
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.