WARNING to all vaalor clan leaders:

allegedly some account information has been shared around recently and _garfield_ got into said account and sold everything the player had to the game in a fit of rage over what he assumed was the other player bcing him 4 times with a wraith sphere. I will be removing garfield today, but I want to *try* to talk to him first. Failing that, he will be homeless by tonight.

Garfield has removed himself from VS. 19:58 _garfield_: he bc me 1 time i didnt mind he bc me 2 time i didnt mine but 3-4 time make me mad so i login and do what i had to do to make him stop

And has admitted it was him after being pinned down.
Comments
yeah it sucks everything gone
If ninth had trusted skrillex with chest access, they could have been robbed. If I had trusted skrillex and kept him in clan, AS could have been robbed. Enough is enough.

STOP SHARING YOUR ACCOUNTS!!! I have warned clan mates over and over, admin will do nothing for you when hacked by strangers, do not expect them to do anything when you're giving your password away, willingly.

We need better security on clan goods. Plain and simple. Clan Stores need to be like game shop, we want to help people grow and have fun, but the risk should not fall on the shoulders of the clan leaders. This lack of security is not helping the game.
Storm Kat,
that is a great idea

Me- Another store icon where it stores all clan items and sell at a set clan price.
this also allows you to not have to run to cc in the middle of hop or in a clan war.
It may also tell you how much of each item is available and if there is none, then you cant buy.
Wow. So skrillex is Garfield should of know he was a clan robber. Plus sharing accounts ain't good at all
HOP Boss is another alt of _Garfield_, so same warning about him.

And when I agree with Kat, you know something is seriously wrong with the game. In this case, I totally agree with Kat. Some common sense protections put in place could have prevent a lot of headache and alleviate a lot of stress from players and clans.

1.) Put a PIN or some kind of secondary security measure that is required before major actions, like selling gear back to the game.
2.) Put better security on clan chests. We didn't get burned, but it could have happened easily. Clan leaders have been asking for this forever.
3.) Take action as admins. If clans get robbed because of lack of security options, restore their clan chests. No excuses. Forget the "they sold your items to the game and can't get them back" excuse and just make things right.

-Lance-
OneLastChance,
Storm Kat,
My ideal chest setup that would probably never be implemented would be
1. Treasury (gold and reals), would probably be combined with the giant goodie pile now that I think about it
2. Clan shop (linked to stuff in chest/treasury and can be used for buying or selling. Stuff can be switched on or off for either.)
3. Gigantic pile of resources/potions/consumable goodies (pretty much everything that isn't armor). This will have about the same level of security as safe but LOADS more space because it's some chest stuff and resources combined.
4. Armory (permissions can be given?)
5. Transfer Chest- For giving stuff to people without permission without giving them access to everything. The council member/person in control of trading or whatever can stick resources and armor in there and maybe gold or reals for another player to take out.
This will never happen but would be amazing.
Lance Corpus,
list just got longer on alts that could be garfield. skrillex posted a new topic.

PIN would be great IF PEOPLE DIDN'T SHARE IT! I can't imagine in todays day & age that there is any reason to ever believe that sharing a password is a good thing.

Leaders definitely shouldn't be responsible... months worth of effort can be wiped out of chest in minutes (? Not really sure how fast chest robbing goes,haven't tried, and don't want to know but either way it can happen pretty fast). And also, if you have chest access, there's this weird feeling if you think about the potential damage that could be done and even though you would never even consider it, somebody else might. Since I'm a higher rank now that feeling is a little better since I might (key word here: might) be able to negate some of the damage but since I don't check chest every two minutes the possibility of catching a chest looting in progress is very small... and even if I did manage to catch it before any major damage happened wouldn't it have been better if the guy didn't have the chance to try it in the first place? Also, better chest security might help the more honest people feel less... unnerved (I hope some people get the feeling I'm talking about... like "I could do this horrible horrible thing but of course I won't and I'm really freaked out I even thought about that")
Lux the Sarcastic,
That unnerved feeling is around all the time for council and long term members. It gets worse with every robbery, both happening to my own clan and other clans, even 'almost' robberies feel horrible. Many of us know the feeling of the "crown is heavy" in this game. It's one of the major reasons I would not recommend anyone starting a new clan without warning them of the future fears. You cannot ever trust all 50 people in a clan, even the ones we do trust get hacked. Makes the game far more "work" and less play. Book Keeping fixes and Clan Store suggestions have been made over and over again. Let's just hope another clan doesn't get whipped out before anything is done.

In theory - the quickest, easiest, and cheapest fix would be for admin to restore all lost items, even if sold to game.
I simply don't understand why chest security is still a problem. Kat and others have been sounding the alarm on this very basic clan need for quite some time now. There have been some great suggestions on how to fix this ongoing problem as well. I can only think it's a matter of the developer not wanting to use programming resources to fix this.
Lance corpuse. I am not Garfield
.....I wonder why (from what I've heard and seen) it's only Vaalor clans that get robbed. Makes you wonder. ">
Natsu Dragneel 112,
Fallen got robbed, twice I think.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.