Buying replacement items through backpack changes!?!

During Duel of Truth today, I was buying Flawless Elixirs of life and Flawless Orbs of Courage. Using the feature where you select the "+" over the item in the backpack to buy more, I selected those two items and bought what I thought were replacements for what I just used in the last battle. Nope, far from it!!! Each one of those I bought were not individual items, they were kits!!! They didn't cost silvers, they cost reals!!! Don't know what the problem is, or if this is an intentional change. If it is intentional, I am not happy that there has been no advance notification, nor any warning that I was spending reals. Furthermore, if that is the case, shame on you for such a deceptive act.
I realized something was wrong when I had over 2,000 Flawless Orbs of Courage and over 100 Flawless Elixirs of Life. Then noticed that I was missing 5 reals. Very unhappy about this.
I sincerely hope this is a bug, and not a way for the admins to empty the reals from unsuspecting players' accounts.

Comments
Ouch! That is a huge issue if the game automatically gives the reals option when the player doesn't normally buy the item this way. I myself use reals to purchase orbs and am frustrated when it only gives me the choice to buy with gold when I use the same in-game functionality Elyke has outlined above, effectively making that shortcut obsolete because I then have to use the shop. It's unfair that he has spent reals he didn't want to, this has obviously been the first time this has occurred for him and if it has arisen from an update it would be nice to have some kind of warning before committing to buy eg: "You are spending 5 reals. Ok?".

Game shortcuts are a nice thing to have if they work correctly. I enjoy using the function that asks if you wish to replenish an item in your belt that you are out of but don't enjoy the bug that arises when you have 2 or more items up for replenishment, filling my belt with endurance elixirs because that happens to be the first item I replenished has caught me out more than once. I don't understand why it would do that when I only had one in my belt in the first place.
I agree. was much much simpler when you could buy them for silver each in bag since almost everyone buying them in bag don't use reals to purchase them then. the ones uses reals have a huge stockpile they get beforehand. those of us who are a few potions short just buy from bag mid battle or right after a fight because it is a lot quicker than going to shop to do it. I'm glad I saw this or may of made the same mistake elyke did.
Hello Elyke,

Thank you for letting us know about this, I'll see if anything can be changed on how replacements of these few items that are available in kits work.
However I'll add one thing to what others commented - you can see that you will be buying a kit not single orbs as well as price for it so partially fault is on player here.
Ihit,
I can appreciate your point about it partially being the fault of the player. I would, however, like to point out that even though it does say that I am purchasing kits with purchase price costing reals, there has been a long-standing, established method of purchase and payment of replacement items using gold, not reals, for individual items. Furthermore, this method of replacing items is still in effect for those items which are not available as kits. Why is there a change in buying replacements from backpack that excludes buying with gold? Why has the method been altered without any forewarning? The appearance of buying kits is extremely similar to the method of payment with gold, and since there has been no notice of this change, and no obvious change to the buying method to bring attention to the fact that reals are being used, I believe this is deceptive.
I appreciate anything you can do to reimburse me for reals spent because of this. I have used some of the items, but will be glad to purchase the used ones with gold in order to reinstate my reals balance.
If kits are to be available for purchase through backpack, why not make it a separate option. Allow us players to choose from kits for reals, or individual items with gold (the latter being the only way I have ever been able to buy from backpack until Duel of Truth day).
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Sincerely,
Elyke
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.