Clan News

I'm guessing it's all 'in progress' still. But here's what I have found already.

We lost 6 pages of news, will we get those back? (Thankfully, I have been through enough updates to have kept copies of my most important posts, but there are many people who didn't think to do this.)

We can Edit but not save the posts. Please do let me know when this is fixed, all our pretty colours have been changed and all my posts need to be edited.

We can no longer edit other people's main posts, or delete them. Will there be a way to archive old posts that we can't delete and are no longer valid, if the person is no longer in the clan?

Comments have all been removed on all posts.

New comments bump posts!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Best part of the update so far.

Keep up the good work, The updates are appreciated ">
Comments
Please fix clan news - everything is dated 1970 and there is only one page. Lots of valuable information for new recruits lost
Forwarded to our guys so they can have a look, any other issues you are experiencing with web page?
Ihit,

Thank you Ihit!

Nothing else that I can pinpoint - just that they are all out of order, the posts that are there are all dated 1/1/1970 and there is only one page when before the update - we had 8-10 pages of historical posts.
(sigh) Alts can now steal posts in clan news
Accidentally posted from an alt, not in the clan, in clan news. Please look into that. I can send you the news post link if you want in pm.
I lurk in the forums at times. I still have copies of news posts I was involved in if it helps. I learned my lesson when a clannie accidentally deleted the wrong post.
Can we get an update on this? Should I just rebuild news or wait? And what can be done about the old posts that are no longer needed because they have broken links and we can't edit?
YAY!!! I see pages of news back tonight!!! Thank You.

I do see the issue that we can't edit and delete others posts. Is this a permanent change?
Tested the Remove button in forum. It hasn't changed, just says "Removed by owner" like before.
And still can't edit the main post, even if I wrote it. Click Edit, type, Click edit again, and it erases everything. There is no save options. So I still cannot fix clan news and make it pretty. Any idea how much longer this will take to get fixed?
THANK YOU IHIT!!!

The missing pages are back! I love the new "bump" feature. They were a bit out of order....but I was able to bump up the important ones to the top! Wonderful change to the clan news
Another update: Even if the owner of the post is still in clan, they cannot delete old posts. There is no error message, just doesn't remove it.

If I leave a list of Links that I want removed from news, could they be deleted?
The problem with them is they have links to other news posts that are no longer working, and we can't edit them, so I don't want to overwhelm clan news with 10 pages of repeats having to remake all the posts for all the proper links Trongster and I talk a lot in news

p.s. I deleted the other bug post that has since been fixed and it did remove nicely. So forum posts are working properly, just clan news is not. Thank You!
Edit works today! Thank You!

Now just need to know what to do with all the old posts that people wrote who are no longer in clan.
Bumping.... and are we ever going to get all the old comments on posts back?
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.